merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

How did you stop smoking?

I smoked from when I was in high school, and haven't had one in a year. I was hypnotized, and found that it worked. What have you guys done?

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just stopped cold turkey, I used to smoke two packs a day, one day I said, this is a waste of time and stopped, haven't smoked in 40 plus years.
    On the list for Bannukah

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by merlen90 View Post
    I smoked from when I was in high school, and haven't had one in a year. I was hypnotized, and found that it worked. What have you guys done?

I quit 1000 times the last time was in 1989 and I was a heavy smoker back when we could smoke on the job. I was in a high stress environment (Air traffic Control stuff) and wouldn't go to work with less than a full pack of cigarettes.

I quit cold turkey. I kept a pack of unopened cigarettes in my shirt for the first month to remind me that I needed to quit and they were there in case I really needed them. Later I put them on top of the fridge and never carried them.. I never opened those cigarettes and haven't had a puff since unless you count the giggly stuff..

I won't lie it was tough, but tougher the first 1000 times I tried and failed. It is somewhat easier when you are ready to quit.

I thought about hypnosis but at the time it wasn't clear if I was allowed to do it or not because of the security clearance I had. Later on after I quit it was allowed and I know a few people that had great success with it..

I did get hypnotized though, it was at a show and I was in the audience and called on stage. I don't remember a damn thing but the video showed that I danced around on stage slapping my ass and pretending I was Madonna among other crazy sh!t he had me do. I would do it again.

That's my story, congrats on making a year, you have it beat for sure, just remember not even one puff.. I know many that tried that one puff and went right back on them.

Again, congrats... That sh!t ain't easy. Good luck to all the quitters.

Great thread, I look forward to the comments.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I quit 1000 times the last time was in 1989 and I was a heavy smoker back when we could smoke on the job. I was in a high stress environment (Air traffic Control stuff) and wouldn't go to work with less than a full pack of cigarettes.

I quit cold turkey. I kept a pack of unopened cigarettes in my shirt for the first month to remind me that I needed to quit and they were there in case I really needed them. Later I put them on top of the fridge and never carried them.. I never opened those cigarettes and haven't had a puff since unless you count the giggly stuff..

I won't lie it was tough, but tougher the first 1000 times I tried and failed. It is somewhat easier when you are ready to quit.

I thought about hypnosis but at the time it wasn't clear if I was allowed to do it or not because of the security clearance I had. Later on after I quit it was allowed and I know a few people that had great success with it..

I did get hypnotized though, it was at a show and I was in the audience and called on stage. I don't remember a damn thing but the video showed that I danced around on stage slapping my ass and pretending I was Madonna among other crazy sh!t he had me do. I would do it again.

That's my story, congrats on making a year, you have it beat for sure, just remember not even one puff.. I know many that tried that one puff and went right back on them.

Again, congrats... That sh!t ain't easy. Good luck to all the quitters.

Great thread, I look forward to the comments..

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't smoked. But I have helped others quit smoking when I was in the army.

Basically, I would borrow two cigs from army friends then shove them up my nostrils. It worked.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    That's what I did too (minus the giggly stuff. Never cared much for that). Kept an unopened pack for 20 years before I finally threw it away.

merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I just stopped cold turkey, I used to smoke two packs a day, one day I said, this is a waste of time and stopped, haven't smoked in 40 plus years.
    Was there any strong motivation at that moment?

I usually take pills and quit for half a year - a year, then start again.

my record is 5 years without cigarettes, so sometimes I feel like a drug addict, only without a needle but with a smoking stick in hand

also if we are talking about vape - I use Vawoo since 2017 but as I know vaping is banned in some European countries right now.
    Last edited by merlen90; 05-19-2022 at 08:35 PM.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Was there any strong motivation at that moment?

I usually take pills and quit for half a year - a year, then start again.

my record is 5 years without cigarettes, so sometimes I feel like a drug addict, only without a needle but with a smoking stick in hand
    Nope just thought about it one day and said, "Why the fck am I doing this? I am just inhaling smoke into my lungs and letting it out!" If You see pictures of me back then it would always be with a cigarette in my mouth. Crazy thing is my wife and I started smoking together when we were like 14 years old. When I quit, she continued smoking for another 20+ years, she only quit after she was rushed to the hospital and they found out she had 3 clogged arteries. She hasn't smoked in 5 years now. But now she is on medication for the rest of her life.
    On the list for Bannukah

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used vapes to help me stop. I would buy weaker and weaker strength juices until I felt fine to stop all together. Took a while since I used to smoke half a pack every day but I haven't touched a cigarette/nicotine for 6 years now.
    Disclaimer: All posts made by [LtGoose] are works of satire. By reading this you agree to absolve the author of any and all liability.

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LtGoose View Post
    I used vapes to help me stop. I would buy weaker and weaker strength juices until I felt fine to stop all together. Took a while since I used to smoke half a pack every day but I haven't touched a cigarette/nicotine for 6 years now.
    I did this^ over the process of like 6 months.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My grandmother would have one lit in the living room and one in the kitchen. She smoked her whole life and then was hypnotized. Never smoked again after that.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a friend who tried for years to quit but failed continually. She eventually got a prescription for Chantix and that did the trick. She no longer smokes.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I chewed tobacco to quit smoking. I weaned myself off chewing tobacco by dating ladies. I figured they didn't want to kiss anyone that chews tobacco.

Flash forward 25 years. I hunt with a bank president. His girlfriend chews tobacco.
    Current rankings

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    MTpocket: Opossum
    TolerantLacose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Weasel
    Steffo99: Ferret
    Mark1T: Snapping turtle
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me it was the money. A pack of cigs is over $10 in my state now

When I quit 22 years ago the state had raised the price to like $5/pack and I said that's enough of this chit.

Now they're trying to get me to quit using gas.

wait

wut
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I went for acupuncture sessions. It did not work but I quit anyway. Sounds silly, but it was hard just like any other time I tried, except this time I said I quit. I didn’t say “I am trying to quit” or “I am quitting”, for the first time I was saying “I quit”. Mind game. Propagation of an idea, reading, listening etc, forming an idea of quitting. Followed by an “agitation” which could be anything, hypnosis, acupuncture, magic spell or whatever, the call for action. Zombies do not smoke.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    first time I used chantix and it worked really well. I see it just got pulled though for concerned over cancer causing agents lol.

2nd time I quit I switched over to vaping. Found myself just using it less and less over time.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Something I forgot to mention was that a couple of years after I quit smoking I became allergic to second hand smoke. It's very similar to seasonal allergies, eyes, nose, throat thing. The longer the exposure the worse it is. If I pass by someone smoking I may or may not have a mild reaction. If I were to be in a house with smokers or had been smoked in, it could be very bad..

I found this out because I quit drinking after I stopped smoking, mainly because I didn't trust myself to have a beer and not smoke. Those two went together for me. After a couple of years, every time I went to a bar I would have these allergy attacks that could last a week or more.

Anyone else like this? I haven't met or known anyone with this besides myself.

Originally Posted by strong4stpost View Post
    It's pretty easy. Have you tried not buying any more packets of cigarettes? works every time. I suggest you try it.

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One day at a a time
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quit after seeing my little brother getting Chemo (he is fine now). The cancer ward was very sobering. Went cold turkey.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Something I forgot to mention was that a couple of years after I quit smoking I became allergic to second hand smoke. It's very similar to seasonal allergies, eyes, nose, throat thing. The longer the exposure the worse it is. If I pass by someone smoking I may or may not have a mild reaction. If I were to be in a house with smokers or had been smoked in, it could be very bad..

Secondhand smoke bothers me pretty bad, I can walk by someone smoking, but if I spend a lot of time around it I'm in trouble. Missed a my own Grad ceremony because I was with my Aunt and Uncle the day before and they were smoking like a chimney. Spent my graduation ceremony time at convenient care.

Smokers seem to be much more respectful of distance these days, I was at an outdoor event last week with several smokers and never got a whiff of smoke, they just kind of moved away from the crowd to have a cig.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

I found this out because I quit drinking after I stopped smoking, mainly because I didn't trust myself to have a beer and not smoke. Those two went together for me. After a couple of years, every time I went to a bar I would have these allergy attacks that could last a week or more.

When I quit and Patty kept smoking it just made it harder for me. As the years went on she stopped smoking in the house becuase the smell was getting to me so she smoked outside. It wasn't so much that it was causing any ill side affects (at least not that I know of) I just hated the smell of it.
    On the list for Bannukah