Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000)

Accumulated fatigue

How often should you take a break from lifting to reset any accumulated fatigue? And how long should the break be?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No one answer for everyone and every program, it’s not always a full break, and it’s not always for “accumulated fatigue”.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends on how much fatigue has been accumulated. That's the real answer.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just keep in mind that if you have to take such breaks very frequently. (I.E: every 2-3 weeks) - you probably have to fix something in your program, or life.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Quiggie View Post
    How often should you take a break from lifting to reset any accumulated fatigue? And how long should the break be?
    I would go off of how you're feeling, how you're recovering, how your training is potentially suffering, nutrition, hydration, sleep/recovery, etc. All these factors play apart in your question.

How often is going to be different from individual to individual.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Very simple, you get feedback from how you feel. It's a bit like measuring your weight. Novices might panic after 1 bad day in the gym and think they need to rest. More experienced lifters will know that bad days happen and it's only if you get consistently poor performance 3 or 4 workouts in a row that you are due for a rest.

Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually take a weekend easy every couple weeks. Occasionally I take a midweek day off if I'm really feeling it. It'll change person to person with diet, age, sleep schedule, genetics, weight, fitness, ect.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Quiggie View Post
    I train every other day. I never train two days in a row. I don’t need to plan or schedule any “breaks.” Ever. Breaks happen when life gets in the way.

For someone who’s on a frequent program where they are making demands on their body 5-7 days a week, they will tap into recovery, wear out “fight or flight” response, find their body in a perpetual “resistance stage” until ultimately, injury or illness occurs….so what’s the recommendation? Typically 6-8 weeks, plan a couple of extra days rest and or reduced intensity of training.

Typically the mental burnout occurs before real physical exhaustion.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!