Fransisc123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Start workout journey

Hi,
    I am 23 years old, (1m74 cm/64kg) and I want to start bodybuilding. I have 13 months (before next summer) to reach a "beautiful" body shape.
    I am an ectomorph with narrow shoulders and a slim physique., so slim that people thik I am 18 yo
    I plan to do the following:
    - For the first 3 months: Full-Body Workout. With an intake of 2500 calories, adding 200 calories each month.
    - In the following months I will switch to a 5-day body split. I start with 3000 calories and add 100 calories each month.
    I also use Whey protein and creatine.
    Do you think this is a good programme? How much could I aim for by this summer and next summer?
    Thank you very much for your help.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't think planning your split and calories too far in advance is going to help. The general idea of a lean bulk is fine, you clearly need to add weight but do it slowly. You'll need to use feedback - weighing yourself and monitoring your lifting progress so you can adjust what you do as you go along. Aim for about 1kg a month bearing in mind that it's hard to accurately measure your weight - you need to do it every morning and look for the long term trend, don't react to day-to-day water weight changes which can make you look bloated at times.

Everyone seems to have this idea that you start with full body then move to a bodypart split. This is not necessarily wrong but it's also not a very important decision. You need to be applying the right amount of workload to yourself, progressively increasing it over time. Splitting is just a way to manage that workload over the course of a week and ideas like "you must leave 72 hours after training a bodypart" are mostly false. Start with a novice routine like Fierce 5 and don't worry about what's next for now, focus on making good progress on that.