themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

moved on to intermediate too fast?

hi all,

I have been lifting for about 8 years, long story short, i bulked too fast then cut too fast, **** form, **** programes etc etc so I have remained the same overall really until about 2 years ago when I sorted out everything and started to make some sort of progress (gained about 7kg and lost about 3-4% BF in 2 years), I am now technically in the best shape I have ever been, highest amount of muscle to BF ratio I have ever been.

I was doing the vikings bare bones workout (a novice programme with aggressive progression) at a very slight deficeit (possibly even matainence) where I gained about 2kg (some how) and lost about 3-4% BF in about 1 year. I moved onto the feirce 5 intermediate routine about 4 months ago where my lifts have remained fairly stable, I have only really started eating in a decent surplus in the last month or 2 and weight has increased slightly and lifts are increasing slowly. I am now in a 300Kcal surplus after slowly increasing calories as my weight demanded

I moved over to the intermediate routine as my main lifts had stalled and I was starting to get niggling injuries, I think because of the quick progression on the vikings programme and possibly because i was in a deficeit/matainence.

My current lifts are as follows:

bw 77.2kg bf 13%

Bench 92.5kg (3x6 reps, RPE about 8-9)
    OHP 57.5kg (3x5 RPE about 8-9)
    Squat 90kg (3x6 RPE about 7) - coming off a knee injury, i was lifting 110kg before injury.
    DL 85kg (3x5 RPE about 4) I am focussing on perfecting form so increasing each time by 5kg, was lifting about 140kg (RPE about 9) but form was a bit trash.
    Rows (55kg 3x8 RPE about 10) again, struggled with correct form here.

MY PB lifts are as follows, all of these where when I was at my heaviest (88kg) but at about 20-25% BF (was not happy with how i looked) dirty bulk!

Bench 100kg 5 reps
    Squat 120kg 3-5 reps
    DL 150kg 5 reps (bad form)
    OHP 60kg 9 reps
    Rows (unsure)

Now I have got form down to a t on the main lifts so I will continue with the recommended progression as stated on the intermediate programme (increase by 1 rep a set then add 2.5kg for upper body and 5kg for lower) as I feel i am over the novice stage here (but please tell me if you think I am wrong)

My form has been trash for the isolation excersises until the last month or so when I realised it was ****e (no wonder I wasn't increasing in strengh!) I have now worked on this but as a result I have reduced lifting weight considerbly so I can learn perfect form.

Now my question is: for the isolation excersises should I increase weight quicker then recommended on the intemediate progrmme as I am kind of starting again? I was thining a 2.5kg increase (or a 2 rep increase if equipment does not allow less than 5kg increase) each time i successfully complete the recommended reps?

or should i go back to a novice programme entirely as i am now in a surplus.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by themorganator4 View Post
    My form has been trash for the isolation excersises until the last month or so when I realised it was ****e (no wonder I wasn't increasing in strengh!) I have now worked on this but as a result I have reduced lifting weight considerbly so I can learn perfect form.

Now my question is: for the isolation excersises should I increase weight quicker then recommended on the intemediate progrmme as I am kind of starting again? I was thining a 2.5kg increase (or a 2 rep increase if equipment does not allow less than 5kg increase) each time i successfully complete the recommended reps?
    Do whatever for your isolation progression, doesn't matter either way. If you're lifting hard on earlier big lifts, you'll get to the point where isolations aren't progressing half the time anyway.

themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Do whatever for your isolation progression, doesn't matter either way. If you're lifting hard on earlier big lifts, you'll get to the point where isolations aren't progressing half the time anyway.
    Do you mean earlier as in early on in the workout or earlier as in earlier in the year

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by themorganator4 View Post
    Do you mean earlier as in early on in the workout or earlier as in earlier in the year
    In the workout.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do not go back to the novice routine. You can stay on the intermediate program for a very long time.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Do not go back to the novice routine. You can stay on the intermediate program for a very long time.
    Thank you all!