JamesHird43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Fat Lose Plan and Journey

Hi All,

I would like to use this forum to post my weight loss plan and journey.

The intention is this will help to keep me on track. I also do hope by explaining what works for me, it helps others with their journey.
    I intend to post a few times per week with updates and what is working / what is not.

My stats:
    Male, 43 yrs old, 97 kgs, 188 cms.

Target: 87 kgs by end of 2022. I.e. ~7 months duration. Day 1 = 12-May-22. I will weigh myself each morning and graph my results.

Lifestyle: The intention is to develop a sustainable, healthy, and enjoyable lifestyle.

Do what I know works. I have lost weight in the past following the below key points:
    - Egg Fast Diet for 3-5 days at a time has been very effective for me in the past. I will target to do this for 3-4 days at a time, every second week.
    - After the Egg Fast Diet, stop eating eggs for a few days - this is important psychologically as much as anything - because by then I am sick of eggs. The days after the Egg Fast Diet I enjoy steak and veggies (still low carb). I love my steak and I believe it is nutritiously dense.
    - Generally follow principles of low carb – cycle between high fat (keto) and high protein, with the intention of getting the benefits from both (i.e. the best of both worlds!). i.e. principles of Keto and principles of PSMF.
    - Plenty of heavy weights in the gym to keep as much muscle mass as I can while losing body fat
    - Some high intensity sprints on the treadmill after weights which helps with my general cardiovascular fitness and wellbeing
    - Having a tough high intensity heavy workout on a Sunday morning after drinking during the weekend, then fasting until Monday lunch has been very effective – it gets me straight back on track after the drinking.
    - During the week: Workout at 6am, then not eating until late afternoon is very effective.

Other Key Points which I will follow as part of a sustainable lifestyle:
    - Enjoy my weekends with some drinks with friends or my wife typically each Fri and Sat – this is important for me. The drinks (especially if beer) screws up ketosis, but so be it.
    - I enjoy my coffee with heavy cream 2-3 times per day. This is something I look forward to regardless.
    - I fully recognize that not every week will be a success, but I will not be hard on myself – 3 steps forward 1 step back is fine

13-May-22:
    95.6 kgs.
    Significant weight loss since yesterday, following the Egg Fast Diet. This is not surprising to me, as I have experienced similar results day by day on the Egg Fast Diet in the past.
    Much of the weight is water weight as I was probably retaining water having been drinking too much beer and eating unhealthy food recently. But certainly the body fat loss has begun also. I most likely already have ketones and am burning fat.

14-May-22:
    95.6 kgs.
    Another great result. This Egg Fast Diet really works for me. I can see my belly fat reducing - slightly. I will continue my Egg Fast Diet today and I look forward to my steak and veggies tomorrow.

15-May-22 94.6 A bit hungover today. Ate a bit too much. Had café latte and quiche at starbucks. Also had plenty of steak and a few chips and lots of salad and veggies. No eggs

16-May-22 95.6 Added 1 kg as a result of eating a bit much yesterday. That is ok. I will probably drink again next weekend, so I will focus on losing weight during the week. Steak and veggies and prawns today for lunch, then fasting.

17-May-22 94.5 Good result this morning. Fasting today.

18-May-22 94.1 Decent result again this morning. I intended on fasting all yesterday, but I had prawns in the fridge that needed to be eaten. So I had the prawns, along with cheese and pickled gherkins. Today beef mince with veggies for lunch. Chicken with veggies for dinner

19-May-22 94.1 Egg Fast Day. Had total of 6 eggs with butter and some cheese.

20-May-22 94.1 A little surprised that I wasn't less this morning. I think it is due to the lack of exercise. I need to be sprinting on the treadmill, lifting weights. I have had a slightly strained muscle in my upper back this week, plus I haven't been sleeping well. I need to get into the habit of getting up at 5:50 and heading to the gym before work. It is clear that exercise makes a big difference.