Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thoughts on Irwin Fitness (monolift, bench, roller j-cups)?

Basement Brandon reviewed Irwin Fitness Roller J-Cups and they look pretty great. I checked out their site and the monolift attachment and adjustable bench caught my eye as well. It looks like they put a lot of thought into their products and have good build quality. Not cheap and shipping from Canada but I'm not after value. Thoughts?

Monolift Attachment
    https://irwinfitness.ca/products/alp...ift-attachment

Adjustable Bench
    https://irwinfitness.ca/products/irwin-fitness-ab-1-0

Roller J-Cups
    https://irwinfitness.ca/products/ifs-roller-j-cups

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I haven't used any of their stuff, but the roller J-cups are raved about by everyone I have sever seen post about them.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The bench and roller j-cups look nice, the monolift attachments are incredibly overpriced for a glorified hockey stick design. Makes me think of REP Fitness, they put all that money into attention to detail with cut-outs instead of in proving the design.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The bench and roller j-cups look nice, the monolift attachments are incredibly overpriced for a glorified hockey stick design. Makes me think of REP Fitness, they put all that money into attention to detail with cut-outs instead of in proving the design.
    Well, the big selling point on the monolifts is they'll work with my rack. I don't have side holes nor will I be drilling any. Do you know of others out there I should look at?

My rack has 1" holes and the owner of the company emailed me back within minutes this morning to confirm they have 1" at no extra charge. Maybe the monolifts are a pass but I appreciate that level of responsiveness regardless.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Griffin look interesting, Titan Series work fine outside of the low quality UHMW, then Mutant Metals has a really interesting design with the rollers. Rogue's are excellent though, drilling side holes was incredibly easy even on the Legend rack.

The Griffin look interesting, Titan Series work fine outside of the low quality UHMW, then Mutant Metals has a really interesting design with the rollers. Rogue's are excellent though, drilling side holes was incredibly easy even on the Legend rack.
    Mutant Metals looks sweet. They are sold out but I'll have to keep an eye on the site. Hopefully, they'll start making them again. I'm going to watch for reviews of Griffin too. Not in a big hurry.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Mutant Metals looks sweet. They are sold out but I'll have to keep an eye on the site. Hopefully, they'll start making them again. I'm going to watch for reviews of Griffin too. Not in a big hurry.
    The only thing that worries me about Griffin is they appear to be a REP/Rogue knockoff company. Their mono design was done by ATX previously, so I'm not sure how well they were able to copy the specs and the swing looks kinda short. Mutant Metals looks awesome too, but I have similar concerns about the swing arm and the price makes it a big gamble. Haven't seen any videos of that one but would love to see a review, the arm just looks like it barely has room to drop back.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That Irwin Adjustable Bench has all the features Rogue missed on and should've included on the 2.0 and especially the 3.0...12", or 14" wide back pad choices, 8 of the best adjustment angles as well as more seat pad angles (a 20° back pad angle would've been nice as well, but that's just nitpicking).

The only thing is the insane price tag (before shipping to the US). As for Rogue, don't get me wrong, I like my Rogue bench...but if I was in the market for one and the price was more forgiving, then I'd give Irwin's Adjustable Bench a spin.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    That Irwin Adjustable Bench has all the features Rogue missed on and should've included on the 2.0 and especially the 3.0...12", or 14" wide back pad choices, 8 of the best adjustment angles as well as more seat pad angles (a 20° back pad angle would've been nice as well, but that's just nitpicking).

The only thing is the insane price tag (before shipping to the US). As for Rogue, don't get me wrong, I like my Rogue bench...but if I was in the market for one and the price was more forgiving, then I'd give Irwin's Adjustable Bench a spin.

Yeah, the price tag is nuts, but I don't know of an adjustable bench that ticks more boxes than Irwin. If I got that one with a 14" pad, it might be the perfect complement to my Ironmaster Super Bench Pro and I could ditch my Rep flat bench that I only use for barbell bench press.

Made in USA would be ideal, but I like our neighbors to the north quite a bit too. Build quality with Irwin seems top-tier though more reviews would be nice.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, the price tag is nuts, but I don't know of an adjustable bench that ticks more boxes than Irwin. If I got that one with a 14" pad, it might be the perfect complement to my Ironmaster Super Bench Pro and I could ditch my Rep flat bench that I only use for barbell bench press.

Made in USA would be ideal, but I like our neighbors to the north quite a bit too. Build quality with Irwin seems top-tier though more reviews would be nice.
    No doubt the Irwin Adjustable Bench and IM Super Bench Pro would be an absolute killer combo in your home gym and the Irwin got more colors available too (compared to Rogue's benches)...if you decide to drop the coin and get one it would be the perfect dedicated barbell bench and the IM Super Bench Pro as the dedicated DB one.

I found this brief review on it...

https://youtu.be/7qDiBEv0T50
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 05-11-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Talking

No doubt the Irwin Adjustable Bench and IM Super Bench Pro would be an absolute killer combo in your home gym and the Irwin got more colors available too (compared to Rogue's benches)...if you decide to drop the coin and get one it would be the perfect dedicated barbell bench and the IM Super Bench Pro as the dedicated DB one.

I found this brief review on it...

https://youtu.be/7qDiBEv0T50
    Damnit, man. You aren't making it easy for me to talk myself out of it...

Damnit, man. You aren't making it easy for me to talk myself out of it...
    Lmao I'll throw ya another one...I don't have ******** and never will, but I found their public page and came across some of their custom colors including this one...

https://imgur.com/a/a1Og04y

They got insane custom colors including a tiger stripe gloss one too on their safeties as you scroll beyond.

I'm awfully tempted to flip my Rogue Adjustable 2.0 and Legend 3103 for the Irwin bench...I need serious help...lol.

Ooooooh that crimson looking red is AWESOME!

Jamesstephan1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=radrd;1660934723]Basement Brandon reviewed Irwin Fitness Roller J-Cups and they look pretty great. I checked out their site and the monolift attachment and adjustable bench caught my eye as well. It looks like they put a lot of thought into their products and have good build quality. Not cheap and shipping from Canada but I'm not after value. Thoughts?

Monolift Attachment

great!

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had never heard of them. Looks like really nice stuff and quality. Would be on my list for sure if I was in the market.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only thing that worries me about Griffin is they appear to be a REP/Rogue knockoff company. Their mono design was done by ATX previously, so I'm not sure how well they were able to copy the specs and the swing looks kinda short. Mutant Metals looks awesome too, but I have similar concerns about the swing arm and the price makes it a big gamble. Haven't seen any videos of that one but would love to see a review, the arm just looks like it barely has room to drop back.
    I've got a pair of the Mutant Metals on the way. Any particular questions, let me know.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    I've got a pair of the Mutant Metals on the way. Any particular questions, let me know.
    Nice! They look sweet. Main question is how far they swing - looks like around 5" or so, similar to Rogue, which would be great. How much were they including shipping? I'm guessing the price has increased regardless.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice! They look sweet. Main question is how far they swing - looks like around 5" or so, similar to Rogue, which would be great. How much were they including shipping? I'm guessing the price has increased regardless.
    He has had to up his pricing due to steel and general material increases. I ordered mine late 2021, so I honestly don't even remember what I paid... I think somewhere around $400? I've got a dip attachment coming from him too... to go with my bench dock, hatfield handles, and wrist roller from him... he makes awesome stuff.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Question to those with Roller J-Cups, it seems like the majority of people have the composite rollers (or seems more common that they do) is there any advantages/disadvantages to going with the hardened metal (I assume the price being the main factor)?

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Question to those with Roller J-Cups, it seems like the majority of people have the composite rollers (or seems more common that they do) is there any advantages/disadvantages to going with the hardened metal (I assume the price being the main factor)?
    longevity.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    longevity.
    This and the disadvantage is that metal will wear on your knurl. I went with the composite flat because I like to pull the bar out to the front of the cup before benching.

Thanks for the insight fellas, I placed my order today along with the 5% discount and chose the composite rollers with the center return (decided to take a chance on them due to that centering feature, worse case scenario I could always get the flat composite rollers later on).

mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The Irwin roller j-cups are built beefier than the ghost roller cups. Also, ghost roller j-cups lean up at the top of the j-cup plate (likely due to the wrap around bracket being at the bottom)…Irwin’s has the wrap around bracket towards the middle and there is no lean.

If anyone prefers the ghost bar return rollers, they fit on the irwin roller j-cups and vice versa (discord member Nicky did the roller swap test).
    Last edited by mrcheeze36; 05-20-2022 at 12:07 AM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #36 ||---||
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #36 [M]===[6]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #36 ──<//>─<\\>──

Originally Posted by mrcheeze36 View Post
    The Irwin roller j-cups are built beefier than the ghost roller cups. Also, ghost roller j-cups lean up at the top of the j-cup plate (likely due to the wrap around bracket being at the bottom)…Irwin’s has the wrap around bracket towards the middle and there is no lean.

If anyone prefers the ghost bar return rollers, they fit on the irwin roller j-cups and vice versa (discord member Nicky did the roller swap test).
    That's good to know, I wonder if they sell the Ghost rollers separately from the J-cups.

Kinda off topic, but a question to Mech, or anyone that has had it done, how much does it cost roughly to get top and bottom crossmembers sand blasted and powdercoated?

I'm sure pricing depends on the rates of the people doing the job, but generally is it real expensive for parts to be done as opposed to the a full power rack?

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kinda off topic, but a question to Mech, or anyone that has had it done, how much does it cost roughly to get top and bottom crossmembers sand blasted and powdercoated?

I'm sure pricing depends on the rates of the people doing the job, but generally is it real expensive for parts to be done as opposed to the a full power rack?
    Been a while, but:
    1. sandblast is paid by the hour. Back then it was around CAD$80/hour. How long it takes really depends on how much stuff has to be removed. Rust/spray paint comes off easier than powder coat, for example.
    2. powder coat is by square foot. So you can figure it out. Was CAD$3/sq. ft. Most shops will have a minimum however so getting just 1-2 pieces done isn't going to be feasible unless they're already running another batch of same colour and don't mind throwing your parts in.

Also, why the sandblast? You can powder coat on top of existing powder coat if the surface is clean.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Been a while, but:
    1. sandblast is paid by the hour. Back then it was around CAD$80/hour. How long it takes really depends on how much stuff has to be removed. Rust/spray paint comes off easier than powder coat, for example.
    2. powder coat is by square foot. So you can figure it out. Was CAD$3/sq. ft. Most shops will have a minimum however so getting just 1-2 pieces done isn't going to be feasible unless they're already running another batch of same colour and don't mind throwing your parts in.

Also, why the sandblast? You can powder coat on top of existing powder coat if the surface is clean.
    Thanks, this is good to know in case I wanted to get the accents of the rack done over with the clear coat red depending on the price and if I ever move the rack.

While me and radrd patiently wait for our Irwin AB 1.0 benches to be built and arrive, I came across an update on youtube channel The Chicken with info on yet another new Rogue adjustable bench called the "Manta Ray Bench" with a few very subtle prototype teaser pics from Bill Henniger's Instagram page where he seen them from...

https://youtu.be/UakZNX1EQ2I

While me and radrd patiently wait for our Irwin AB 1.0 benches to be built and arrive, I came across an update on youtube channel The Chicken with info on yet another new Rogue adjustable bench called the "Manta Ray Bench" with a few very subtle prototype teaser pics from Bill Henniger's Instagram page where he seen them from...

https://youtu.be/UakZNX1EQ2I
    I'm excited about Rogue working with Kabuki. I'm a little nervous they are moving towards gimmicky as they attempt to innovate. Mainly because the MG4 bar seems to be a bit of a disappointment, but also because of mention of an unconventional decline feature in the Manta Ray.

I'm probably just trying to feel good about this very expensive Irwin bench purchase, but I wouldn't be lining up to buy the Rogue 4.0 until after a few reviews, and it would have to check every box that Irwin checks at a considerably lower price point. I'm skeptical.