Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I'm excited about Rogue working with Kabuki. I'm a little nervous they are moving towards gimmicky as they attempt to innovate. Mainly because the MG4 bar seems to be a bit of a disappointment, but also because of mention of an unconventional decline feature in the Manta Ray.

I'm probably just trying to feel good about this very expensive Irwin bench purchase, but I wouldn't be lining up to buy the Rogue 4.0 until after a few reviews, and it would have to check every box that Irwin checks at a considerably lower price point. I'm skeptical.
    I agree, Rogue's prices have only been going up and really haven't delivered anything that's unique lately in my opinion. They still are doing 11.25" width on the back pads while others been putting 12" back pads on their offerings for a while and still no flipdown safeties for their racks...I'd like to see if Rogue catches on with these small improvements.

I like Rogue and their quality and never had any issues with them as a whole, but between the MG4 Bar missing the mark for what you get at an insane price tag and their benches missing some nice potential features as well as some accessories lacking improvements...I'm feeling confident with Irwin Fitness offerings at least in this category (perfecting the adjustable FI bench and roller J-cups) despite its also high price tag, but getting the things you'd want out of it.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    By the way, if you want to see just how freakin' sexy the AB 1.0 is in a vid of it being built, check out Irwin Fitness instagram page on the recent vid post...pics alone don't do it justice and that's saying a lot.

This is probably kind of a dumb question, but just an observation since you commonly see a rear spine/post on most commercial FI benches (unless the bench declines depending on the design such as the Legend 4-Way Bench for example), but I notice on the Irwin AB 1.0 that their rear spine is built into the ladder adjustment at an angle which mean that the back where the head rest is has no rear post.

Would this potentially be a weak point over time on the bench?

I sometimes sit near the head rest during rest between sets on my other benches due to space in the garage (the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 currently and previously the Legend 3103 which both have rear posts).

It's not really necessary to sit over by the head rest portion just mainly more convenient, but wondering what people's opinions are integrity wise on this style of bench?

Also, I could potentially see Irwin Fitness making a slight decline angle with their style on this bench...

https://imgur.com/a/d33hFFu
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 06-24-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Quick update, I decided to get a refund instead of getting the bench and roller J-cups for both the reasons of taking an elaborate trip to Cali and that the wait time was taking far longer than expected (figured my funds would be better off replenished from the vacation than being held onto for a long period of time).

Garth was good and also very professional to deal with, but at this time he's dealing with a lot of custom orders, so maybe at a later time I might consider getting the roller J-cups from him...as far as an upgraded bench, I'll stick with my Rogue Adjustable 2.0 for a while since the bench isn't really a top priority at this time.

I look forward to radrd's review on his though when he receives it.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't blame you, sounds like a hassle! More and more lately I find myself asking questions like, "How will this benefit my training?", when considering a purchase. But I'll admit that sometimes still doesn't work haha. With a quality bench like Rogue you really aren't adding any special benefit that's going to impact your routine or performance, looking at it that way has helped slow me down a bit with constantly changing things out in the gym. Still a lunatic, but I'm getting better LOL
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Don't blame you, sounds like a hassle! More and more lately I find myself asking questions like, "How will this benefit my training?", when considering a purchase. But I'll admit that sometimes still doesn't work haha. With a quality bench like Rogue you really aren't adding any special benefit that's going to impact your routine or performance, looking at it that way has helped slow me down a bit with constantly changing things out in the gym. Still a lunatic, but I'm getting better LOL
    It's an easy trap to fall into. I think we've all been there because building out a gym and selecting equipment and then putting it to use is fun. That said, once you have your setup and like what you have...this ends. Still fun to look at but you go back to the $$ outlay vs tangible benefit. At the end of the day, everything we buy is to train on and training, progress, and maybe as we are getting older - slowing decay of time - are the goals. Last big purchase was a GHD out and Inspire FTX in - driven just by my wife and her desire for an easy/fast workout. I'd wanted one but benefit to me was low. Love having it and she pushed me over the line for sure, plus killer deal. I use it some.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

I agree, sometimes we think we're taking a step forward just to go backwards. In the case of the Rogue it's all the bench I/one could possibly want...rock solid, good degree of angles and solid ladder design, etc. Since slowing down on the bench offerings of today, I wouldn't even upgrade the 2.0 it serves its purpose and will last forever.

My next equipment purchase with some funds from previous flipping is the Powertec leg press which I have nothing similar to it in my home gym and will definitely find use on leg day so I think I could justify this one a bit more.

Snickersb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=Deep-Voiced-One;1663364443]This is probably kind of a dumb question, but just an observation since you commonly see a rear spine/post on most commercial FI benches (unless the bench declines depending on the design such as the Legend 4-Way Bench for example), but I notice on the Irwin AB 1.0 that their rear spine is built into the ladder adjustment at an angle which mean that the back where the head rest is has no rear post.

Would this potentially be a weak point over time on the bench?

I sometimes sit near the head rest during rest between sets on my other benches due to space in the garage (the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 currently and previously the Legend 3103 which both have rear posts).

It's not really necessary to sit over by the head rest portion just mainly more convenient, but wondering what people's opinions are integrity wise on this style of bench?

Also, I could potentially see Irwin Fitness making a slight decline angle with their style on this bench...

So I was thinking about your question when I was looking at the Irwin bench....I have a Powerblock Power Bench that I got at the height of Covid for a stooooopid deal and it's rated for 1000lbs. and doesn't have a rear post. I don't really know when rear posts came along....and if their even necessary? My guess is.....and this would be next level if this is why they designed their post the way they did....is you can get 95% of the same benefit in Irwin's post design...as you can from a read post. But with Irwin's design...you can do face down/seal rows on the bench when it's inclined....without rear post interference. That's the biggest complaint I hear about the rear post benches....is it's a pain in your ass for fave down shrugs, rows, maybe curls...etc. I acutally think their spine post design is slick AF and makes the bench look more streamlined. I understand your point...but I would say if any bench has a weak point...it would be where the spine attaches to the plywood of the actual bench portion. I've grabbed multiple benches in my life to incline them and the pad piece had seperated from the metal spine. So maybe you design the metal spine like a cross or a T...or both....to get more screws, metal and security from the bench part pulling away from the spine. But tbh....that thing looks indestructible. It'll be cockroaches...that bench...and Keith Richards after the apocalypse. My Powerblock power bench is at least 10 years old...probably close to 15....use is all the time...and when I wipe it off...looks brand new. I don't even know what a 1.5 or a 2.0 would be able to improve on. Decline maybe like u said? I don't see anything esle you could add...but then again...I thought CD's would be impossible to top. So what do I know...haha.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Having used the bench now for several months, I can safely say that there is no human that weighs enough that sitting on the headrest portion would be even the slightest concern. The steel spine is very robust. It's a tank. If you exceeded the tested 1,000 lbs on just the headrest portion alone then maybe you'd see some kind of issue, but I doubt it and I'd take that bet.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The used market for benches is fantastic, for some reason better than most other items I've seen. I can pick up a Precor SuperBench today for $100, Magnum for $250, Legend 3-way for $150, and recently saw a Hammer Strength for like $375. Some needed new pads, but that's easy thru REP or Full Circle. Used market seems the way to go with benches, especially with the price of the Ironmaster SuperBench going thru the roof in recent years. But even with the commercial options available I see no reason to replace the IM.

Thinking about it though, still at $499 I think the IM has a serious advantage over the other benches on the market. With the CAP Commercial from WF Athletic supply still being my dark horse pick that not many people talk about. Especially if you want something more geared towards dumbbell work.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 04-21-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thinking about it though, still at $499 I think the IM has a serious advantage over the other benches on the market.
    Are you talking about the IronMaster Super Bench PRO V2?

Looks interesting. Half the cost of Rogue's Manta Ray. I could do $500 for a bench, I think. (Not right now, but, eventually.)

For the life of me I cannot figure out how the seat on that bench works. They show it attached and w/o the seat. When it's attached it looks like there's a post going through the back pad, but, when it's removed the back pad looks uninterrupted

ETA: Looked for reviews on it. Found it. Fascinating design. This is possibly my next bench.
    Last edited by Michiganian; 04-21-2023 at 10:14 AM.

This thread got a ressurgence, good to see it...

radrd, great to hear that the Irwin Bench is serving you well and of it's level of durability/indestructibility. Have you used it for seal rows?

Michiganian,

Rogue's pricing is only going up, the Manta Ray Bench (while it looks like an epic FID bench) is in the later era (post Dark Horse rack) Sorinex price tag territory. At the time when the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 Bench was still running hot, I caught a deal on it in from one of the workout equipment forum regulars here at the time and while I ran through my fair share of owning and flipping a few benches, my Rogue and Ironmaster Super Bench Pro are my most frequently used and abused benches.

The Rogue is my barbell bench and the Ironmaster I use exclusively for DB, leverage machine and cable work. I'll usually use my Rogue for bench and my IM for 20° incline DB bench on one day and on another day my Rogue for 30° incline bench and my IM for flat DB bench and this doesn't include every other movement I use them for so they get used very regularly. That said, I don't see myself flipping either one unless I get some insane deal on the Manta Ray and even then it's really to maybe get a 20° incline angle on barbell bench to mix things up, so barely a big justifiable trade off.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-21-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Originally Posted by Michiganian View Post

Looks interesting. Half the cost of Rogue's Manta Ray. I could do $500 for a bench, I think. (Not right now, but, eventually.)

For the life of me I cannot figure out how the seat on that bench works. They show it attached and w/o the seat. When it's attached it looks like there's a post going through the back pad, but, when it's removed the back pad looks uninterrupted

The seat pad has a bent steel tube that grooves around the side and behind the bench when you attach it for the height, the back of the bench has a steel connector tube to which that seat pad slides in.

ETA: Looked for reviews on it. Found it. Fascinating design. This is possibly my next bench.
    Yes, I've owned a TON of adjustable benches over the years and it's one of the best. No bench is perfect, they all have some quirks, but overall the specs and features are as close as it gets. The hybrid pad is fantastic (firm), wide for flat bench but then more narrow when inclined. The only recurring annoyance I experience with this bench is that you have to keep tightening the adjustment bolt from time to time, so that when inclined you don't feel a slight 'rocking' motion. But other than that if you want something with zero pad gap when flat, quality attachments, lighter so its easy to move around, and has alot of incline levels it's a great option.

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    The only recurring annoyance I experience with this bench is that you have to keep tightening the adjustment bolt from time to time, so that when inclined you don't feel a slight 'rocking' motion.
    Are you talking about the point upon which the bench pivots on its base? If so: I wonder if a pair of Thrust Bearings would mitigate that?

Or get really wild and crazy: Embiggen the bolt holes and add a pair of Oilite bearings?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread got a ressurgence, good to see it...

radrd, great to hear that the Irwin Bench is serving you well and of it's level of durability/indestructibility. Have you used it for seal rows?
    I don't think it's tall enough to do true horizontal seal rows. I gave it a whirl for chest supported rows with my Rogue Multi-Grip Camber Bar and it was okay but not great. Nothing wrong with the bench, I just didn't care for the limited ROM afforded by the bar. A true seal row bar would probably better, but that doesn't seem like a good investment without a seal row bench or other elevated flat bench to work from. I can comfortably do pretty much every other type of cable, dumbbell, and barbell row with the equipment I have, so seal rows will probably stay out of my program.

Also, I got the wide pad on the Irwin bench, which I love, but I prefer the narrower IM SB Bench Pro pad for chest supported rows. And they feel great with DB, so that's my preferred movement and setup vs seal rows on the Irwin bench.

Yes, I've owned a TON of adjustable benches over the years and it's one of the best. No bench is perfect, they all have some quirks, but overall the specs and features are as close as it gets. The hybrid pad is fantastic (firm), wide for flat bench but then more narrow when inclined. The only recurring annoyance I experience with this bench is that you have to keep tightening the adjustment bolt from time to time, so that when inclined you don't feel a slight 'rocking' motion. But other than that if you want something with zero pad gap when flat, quality attachments, lighter so its easy to move around, and has alot of incline levels it's a great option.

Couldn't have said it better, also Michiganian since you're in the market later for one of these possibly, you're lucky in regard that the V2 is available so you get all the souped up little bells and whistles such as the hybrid pad included (as opposed to before on the V1 where you had to buy it separate to upgrade it), laser cut numbering on the steel adjustment portion and the handle and wheels included should you want to utilize them.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-22-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I don't think it's tall enough to do true horizontal seal rows. I gave it a whirl for chest supported rows with my Rogue Multi-Grip Camber Bar and it was okay but not great. Nothing wrong with the bench, I just didn't care for the limited ROM afforded by the bar. A true seal row bar would probably better, but that doesn't seem like a good investment without a seal row bench or other elevated flat bench to work from. I can comfortably do pretty much every other type of cable, dumbbell, and barbell row with the equipment I have, so seal rows will probably stay out of my program.

Also, I got the wide pad on the Irwin bench, which I love, but I prefer the narrower IM SB Bench Pro pad for chest supported rows. And they feel great with DB, so that's my preferred movement and setup vs seal rows on the Irwin bench.

Although probably not necessary for everyone and would add to the expense, I feel they could've made some kind of FID out of the AB 1.0 to compete with Rogue's Manta Ray (that's not a knock to Irwin which I think is an awesome fab shop), but I think they could've taken it to some serious heights just like with their roller j-cups taking on the Ghost roller j-cups.

Couldn't have said it better, also Michiganian since you're in the market later for one of these possibly, you're lucky in regard that the V2 is available so you get all the souped up little bells and whistles...
    Yup, they've added several improvements:
    • Integrated bench handle.
    • Laser etched numbers on the locking ring.
    • Dual-width bench pad.
    • Additional higher incline seat tube insertion point.
    Yeah, that bench is definitely on my list.

No way I can spend money on a new bench to replace the one I just bought not three months ago. The Family CFO has been real understanding, but, I'm certain there's a limit to that

Although probably not necessary for everyone and would add to the expense, I feel they could've made some kind of FID out of the AB 1.0 to compete with Rogue's Manta Ray ...
    Rogue and IM came up with an outside-the-box solution to that: Put the leg-holders on the top and reverse the bench, then you get the "D" without the downsides common to most FID benches--such as the gap and excessive bench height.
    Last edited by Michiganian; 04-22-2023 at 07:30 AM.

Grrr... A new bench may come sooner than I'd thought.

Those wide feet under the front of my XMark bench

that I'd thought so wonderful for stability (they are that), are becoming a nuisance. Besides them sometimes being in the way of where I want to put my feet, lately my wife and I are stubbing our toes on them every time we turn around.

That wide seat is proving to be not particularly handy, either.

Ah, well, you live and learn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Michiganian; 04-30-2023 at 10:03 AM.

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=Michiganian;1681777183]Grrr... A new bench may come sooner than I'd thought.

that I'd thought so wonderful for stability (they are that), are becoming a nuisance. Besides them sometimes being in the way of where I want to put my feet, lately my wife and I are stubbing our toes on them every time we turn around.

That wide seat is proving to be not particularly handy, either.[QUOTE]

I have an older Body Solid gfid31 bench stored in my garage, that I was going to bring back inside. I forgot why I moved it out there, and you just reminded me of the reason. It was the feet, so I really like the reviews on the other benches, such as the IM. I am thinking about it as a future purchase. A decline option would be nice.

Thanks for the reviews Fellas !
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At one time I had a BodySolid bench with this horseshoe on the front. I removed it and bolted on a straight piece of steel tube and it worked great. Just couldn’t set a loaded curl bar on a preacher curl attachment as it was too far forward and would want to tip. But for bench work in all positions it worked as well as any bench.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    At one time I had a BodySolid bench with this horseshoe on the front. I removed it and bolted on a straight piece of steel tube and it worked great.
    Some people have reversed the horseshoe in the front of the XMark bench and achieved a similar result.

That would solve the problem with it getting in my way when using the bench, but, wouldn't solve the toe-stubbing problem and would make it more difficult to move the bench around. (My space is tight, so there's a lot of that. And there's no handle in front.)

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Just couldn’t set a loaded curl bar on a preacher curl attachment ...
    Ah! That explains why they did that: For the preacher curl attachment they never have in stock.

[QUOTE=twodog;1681782683][QUOTE=Michiganian;1681777183]Grrr... A new bench may come sooner than I'd thought.

That wide seat is proving to be not particularly handy, either.

I have an older Body Solid gfid31 bench stored in my garage, that I was going to bring back inside. I forgot why I moved it out there, and you just reminded me of the reason. It was the feet, so I really like the reviews on the other benches, such as the IM. I am thinking about it as a future purchase. A decline option would be nice.

Thanks for the reviews Fellas !

The IM Super Bench Pro is pound for pound one of the most versatile and nicest benches in the higher residential line. I use it 4 days a week for something each day on my upper/lower split.

The IM Super Bench Pro is pound for pound one of the most versatile and nicest benches in the higher residential line.
    Don't really feel like spending $600 on a bench (bench + decline attachment + pad extension [I'm tall]), nor dealing with selling the bench I have, but, I think I'm gonna have to.

I'm hoping IM has either a Memorial Day or Independence Day sale to take some of the sting out

In the meantime: The bench I have works--even if it's far from optimal.

Don't really feel like spending $600 on a bench (bench + decline attachment + pad extension [I'm tall]), nor dealing with selling the bench I have, but, I think I'm gonna have to.

I'm hoping IM has either a Memorial Day or Independence Day sale to take some of the sting out

In the meantime: The bench I have works--even if it's far from optimal.

My post was directed to twodog, but would recommend this bench to you, or anyone looking for a solid FID if it's in their budget no doubt.

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm also a huge fan of the IM bench. I have the newest version and use it virtually every time I lift.

All of the attachments I've used for it are top notch as well. I regularly use the leg attachment for curls and extensions, the Hyper Core attachment for hyperextensions, and the situp attachment for situps and nordic curls.

It's probably the best purchase I've made and I can't recommend it highly enough as an all-purpose bench.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

Y'all are not helping me stick to holding-off on the bench upgrade as long as possible

See what happens when you hang out in this section!? Here I am doing perfectly fine, now I'm ordering new handles for my Powerblocks. Buy what you need, then block your PC from accessing this site. LOL

Still pondering (I do a lot of pondering & I don't want to choose poorly again)...

I have two concerns:

1. Seat width. It looks kinda narrow? (There were comments to that effect in at least one review I read.)

2. The decline leg accessory rollers being uncovered foam. One would think that, for what they charge for that thing ($90), they could vinyl-cover them.