Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by badbiter View Post
    Today is my second holiday break and my GF is at her parents.

Iam alone at home and high on ******* for 12 hours now, cant even fap.

F this sht, I was sober for so long but today i have felt like a treat because I had a great year.

Also lots of alcohol the next few days because of christmas, glad i got the first january week off work, gonna get back on track then.

But for now, I will enjoy the holidays, hopefully no more ******* !!

edit: i will report back, we all gonna make it !!

You don't have to wait until the holidays are over to get back on track bro
    Lifting since 06'

badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000) badbiter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by miscbrah44 View Post
    You don't have to wait until the holidays are over to get back on track bro
    Yes, I am sobered up now and regret doing coke. I told my dealer to block me.

But I will drink alcohol over the holidays, its cultural here in germany to have some beers with family and friends.

But after new years eve I will stop drinking also for some time, dont got that of a problem with alcohol, i rarely drink and only if I got the day off the next day or usually on weekends once or twice a month.

But I will get back to you, thanks for your words bro.

How are you doing?

miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) miscbrah44 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by badbiter View Post
    Yes, I am sobered up now and regret doing coke. I told my dealer to block me.

But I will drink alcohol over the holidays, its cultural here in germany to have some beers with family and friends.

But after new years eve I will stop drinking also for some time, dont got that of a problem with alcohol, i rarely drink and only if I got the day off the next day or usually on weekends once or twice a month.

But I will get back to you, thanks for your words bro.

How are you doing?
    Whatever works for you

I'm doing great. Leaning right out after only a few weeks . If I having cravings I drink heiniken 0.0
    Lifting since 06'

Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austin317 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face

Coming up to three months

Cheers

CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Austin317 View Post
    Coming up to three months

Cheers
    That's awesome man. I'm proud of you
    ☆ Brave 767 crew ☆
    ☆ USA vs Germany crew ☆

☆ Exodus 15:2 ☆

___The poster formerly known as Motiviert___

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000) Skezo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Joeyw88 View Post
    I know it is super cliche, but admitting you have a problem is the first and most important step. Have you thought about how you plan to reduce your alcohol consumption?
    I had high liver enzymes/low glucose on my physical last month. Cut back about 50% since then but still need to cut back some more. Was drinking heavy almost every day for 8 months. Had night sweats go away since I cut back and added 25lbs back to my bench the past month alone while dropping weight. Still need to cut back more but it is difficult especially being single again because it has become a habit, but noticing I enjoy drinking more when I actually do and my work and workouts are so much better too.

And maybe just something I've noticed, but seems like the two periods in my life I've drank heavy my confidence went way down when I was sober, curious if other people have experienced this?

Also had 6 days in December completely alcohol free - that was more than I had total the previous 11 months. Going to attempt to be sober till new years eve.
    Last edited by Skezo; 12-27-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys, I appreciate you all sharing your victories and challenges. I get a lot of support from people being vulnerable and sharing! I've been feeling pretty depressed over the past several weeks, but staying strong in my recovery.
    Miscer in recovery: clean date 03/30/22

“The opposite of addiction isn't sobriety, it is connection" - Johann Hari

My Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1OyYHH6uYzP8FqHGaP-eg

YT Gaming Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmL9RZ6hY9L9jFwb1jOKn1w

Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Month and a half ago I woke up with my abdomen swollen and super uncomfortable, this was after 7 years of drinking every day and probably a year of pretty much just drinking and not eating much of anything. Drinking first thing in the morning, throwing up every day, ****ting blood, throwing up blood, etc. throwing up in my car, always drunk.

Anyway it started getting worse and I went to the ER and my piss looked like dark coffee and my liver was fuked up, also malnourished and low protein and deficient in magnesium and B. Eyes yellow and all that.

So I spent about a week in the hospital and got MRI of abdomen and they aspirated 2L of fluid from my abdomen.

Cirrhosis!

Well I stopped drinking and kept taking a diuretic and after a couple weeks the swelling went away and I got an appetite back, started eating food again and drinking water and coffee and milk and normal stuff, not just brandy and vodka and beer and whiskey and stuff.

The hard part is over, they detoxed me in the e hospital with IV ****** and oral Gabapentin and it was so easy to detox. When I went to rehab 7 years ago they only gave me barely any oral Serax and it was hell on earth.

The ascites was pretty painful and uncomfortable and scary though.

It’s 1.5 months without drinking a drop and I feel awesome. Felt so weak in the hospital I could barely walk. Oh the first couple days I was delirious and barely remember anything and **** in the floor and needed 1 to 1 supervision because they thought I was suicidal or something.

Still itchy but that’s dry skin mostly.

So yeah that’s my story of how I almost killed myself accidentally and slowly over time by poisoning myself and torturing myself. Not sure how I’m not dead.

But damn that was an easy detox, IV ****** is the truth wowowowowow it was great.

So I have a follow up MRI and get to see a gastroenterologist and hopefully I can live a normal life if I don’t drink again.

What’s weird is I don’t even have any cravings for it, I’m just terrified of it. Towards the last year I didn’t even like the taste anymore.

Well that’s my story of how stupid and retarded and autistic I am. I forever have no more pride or trust in myself as a person and basically am just here to not inflict meaningless torture upon myself any longer.

Heart and lungs look good and other organ systems have seemed to recover, my piss is normal color and I’m not ****ting blood anymore. Who knows the permanent damage I caused. Could have shortened my life by decades for all I know.
    Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
    I had high liver enzymes/low glucose on my physical last month. Cut back about 50% since then but still need to cut back some more. Was drinking heavy almost every day for 8 months. Had night sweats go away since I cut back and added 25lbs back to my bench the past month alone while dropping weight. Still need to cut back more but it is difficult especially being single again because it has become a habit, but noticing I enjoy drinking more when I actually do and my work and workouts are so much better too.

And maybe just something I've noticed, but seems like the two periods in my life I've drank heavy my confidence went way down when I was sober, curious if other people have experienced this?

Also had 6 days in December completely alcohol free - that was more than I had total the previous 11 months. Going to attempt to be sober till new years eve.
    you definitely gotta get your confidence back over time. You get so used to functioning with it, or recovering the next day from it, or getting through the day hungover, or waking up still drunk.

eventually you’ll either stop drinking or you’ll die, so you’ll get to that point in the future.
    Last edited by Ausaric; 12-28-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ausaric View Post
    Month and a half ago I woke up with my abdomen swollen and super uncomfortable, this was after 7 years of drinking every day and probably a year of pretty much just drinking and not eating much of anything. Drinking first thing in the morning, throwing up every day, ****ting blood, throwing up blood, etc. throwing up in my car, always drunk.

Anyway it started getting worse and I went to the ER and my piss looked like dark coffee and my liver was fuked up, also malnourished and low protein and deficient in magnesium and B. Eyes yellow and all that.

So I spent about a week in the hospital and got MRI of abdomen and they aspirated 2L of fluid from my abdomen.

Cirrhosis!

Well I stopped drinking and kept taking a diuretic and after a couple weeks the swelling went away and I got an appetite back, started eating food again and drinking water and coffee and milk and normal stuff, not just brandy and vodka and beer and whiskey and stuff.

The hard part is over, they detoxed me in the e hospital with IV ****** and oral Gabapentin and it was so easy to detox. When I went to rehab 7 years ago they only gave me barely any oral Serax and it was hell on earth.

It’s 1.5 months without drinking a drop and I feel awesome. Felt so weak in the hospital I could barely walk. Oh the first couple days I was delirious and barely remember anything and **** in the floor and needed 1 to 1 supervision because they thought I was suicidal or something.

So yeah that’s my story of how I almost killed myself accidentally and slowly over time by poisoning myself and torturing myself. Not sure how I’m not dead.

But damn that was an easy detox, IV ****** is the truth wowowowowow it was great.

So I have a follow up MRI and get to see a gastroenterologist and hopefully I can live a normal life if I don’t drink again.

What’s weird is I don’t even have any cravings for it, I’m just terrified of it. Towards the last year I didn’t even like the taste anymore.

Well that’s my story of how stupid and retarded and autistic I am. I forever have no more pride or trust in myself as a person and basically am just here to not inflict meaningless torture upon myself any longer.

Heart and lungs look good and other organ systems have seemed to recover, my piss is normal color and I’m not ****ting blood anymore. Who knows the permanent damage I caused. Could have shortened my life by decades for all I know.

you definitely gotta get your confidence back over time. You get so used to functioning with it, or recovering the next day from it, or getting through the day hungover, or waking up still drunk.

eventually you’ll either stop drinking or you’ll die, so you’ll get to that point in the future.
    Holy shiit brah im glad youre better now.

Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    Holy shiit brah im glad youre better now.
    Yeah me too. It puts stuff into perspective. Like yes life can be hard, but NOT having jaundice, an abdomen like an overinflated basketball, and black piss, is pretty frickin sweet.

If I could go the rest of my life without waking up every morning and dry-heaving yellow bile into the bathtub, choking down jaegermeister to stop the full-body shakes, and chitting blood every day, I could just about die happy.

Having better mental sharpness and physical energy is like a bonus. Maybe that’s from eating food. Anyway yeah bro I’m totes stoked af.

Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joeyw88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cirrhosis!

Damn, yeah late stage alcohol abuse is ****ing horrible. Sounds like you were getting pretty close to death considering the blood, jaundice, and ascites! Glad to hear that you are doing well and congrats on the clean time!! 45 days is fantastic!

I hope you sober brahs are doing well and having a great start to your new year! I have been having a really good week and have a lot of gratitude for my recovery and the increase in life quality/happiness it brings!

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

I wanted to elaborate a bit more just because I'm filled with all this positive energy. It's times like this when I'm not feeling so depressed that I wonder if I am experiencing mania/hypomania, but I think it's just not being so down. I have gotten back to volunteering at the recovery cafe which has been super awesome. I had a good conversation with someone who is involved there and I might have a lead to working as a recovery coach or in a recovery navigator position where they go out in the community and try to make first contact with people who are struggling with addiction. I'm super stoked about that! Also, in my outpatient group, I shared a bit and talked about how I have been learning to accomplish things as best as I can based on how I'm feeling. On those days where I am extremely depressed, then I'm going to do what I can to survive the day and not be hard on myself for not doing more on those days. I am working on not being so hard on myself, which is one of my personal challenges. I will wait for those better days to get more stuff down and take advantage of that better mood/higher energy.

One of the new guys to the group shared that he was grateful that I shared that and that was helpful for him. It felt really good to have shared and also gotten that feedback! Speaking of taking advantage of energy, I have been working out and working on the smaller things that all help with my recovery. I have been working out more consistently and have been getting in better shape to the point where other people are starting to again comment on my physique. Improving my physical health, sharing/processing things in my group and meetings, working on employment, and being more social such as volunteering.

I am very grateful for this thread and I greatly appreciate everyone for sharing pieces of their recovery journey like Ausaric recently did! Thank you to everyone sharing their struggles and their victories! It makes me feel more hopeful for myself and my recovery; I look forward to even better days in the future as I continue down this recovery path. I'm currently listening to this song, which is reminding me of that hope looking forward when I've really struggled with thoughts of hopelessness and nihilism.

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thx man good advice.

Damn, yeah late stage alcohol abuse is ****ing horrible. Sounds like you were getting pretty close to death considering the blood, jaundice, and ascites! Glad to hear that you are doing well and congrats on the clean time!! 45 days is fantastic!
    Yeah I guess it probably wasn’t looking too good there. Kinda crazy how quickly I recovered, so grateful for being that fortunate.

Coming up 2 months!! Never thought I could do it

I hope you sober brahs are doing well and having a great start to your new year! I have been having a really good week and have a lot of gratitude for my recovery and the increase in life quality/happiness it brings!
    Forreal bro repped!

WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thx man good advice.

Yeah I guess it probably wasn’t looking too good there. Kinda crazy how quickly I recovered, so grateful for being that fortunate.

Coming up 2 months!! Never thought I could do it

Forreal bro repped!

That is an amazing story and comeback. Keep at it.....you will win.

I recently hit rock bottom with my drinking back on July 21. My story is similar to yours. I have literally drank at least 12 beers everyday day for 20 years....with a few breaks in those years.

Then last July 21 I went to sit down on the crapper downstairs and fell face 1st to the floor. Didn't pass out and luckily had my wits to turn my body so landed on my shoulder and tore a big chunk of skin from my forearm.

I literally could not get up. Had no strength in my arms or legs. I thought to myself this might be it. My wife had to call the paramedics to help me get to the couch as she couldn't get me up.

Next morning I still had no strength...I could not stand up. of course I was stubborn and didn't want to go to the ER. But after a few hours finally gave in. My wife had to literally hold on to me trying to walk like I was a baby taking it's 1st steps. Spent 8 hours in a wheelchair getting blood test and IV's. The er doctor wanted me to check into rehab the next day or 2. Even found me spot. Next day he called and and he ordered a CT scan
    for me that same day to see if I had had a stroke. It came back clear but it did show I had had mini strokes going back 20 years which I never knew or felt.

I decided not to go to rehab....I couldn't walk anyways.....and going without contact to the outside world was a no go for me. Not even phone calls/

it took me about 4 days to be able to walk on my own. I lived downstairs and I could not go up them. My wife brought me everything I needed. Then started feeling better everyday.

In about 3 weeks I started feeling better than I have in 15 years. Joined back up the gym and within a month was lifting more than I had 15 years ago. My brain function totally changed also/
    Amazing what stopping drinking did.

I quit cold turkey. I was worried about the horrible things that can happen when you do/ But I had no withdrawal symptoms....nothing.

I have lost 40 pounds and feel great. My iron levels are still quite low though but everything else is good.
    I get the results of an ultrasound on my liver next Wednesday and hopefully it looks better than last time. My Gamma GT has gone down significantly.

One person who I have talked with a bit because he almost lost everything because of alcohol is Alan A. I cant say enough about what a good guy his is giving me encouragement.

One day a a time.

We can do it.

Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

I recently hit rock bottom with my drinking back on July 21. My story is similar to yours. I have literally drank at least 12 beers everyday day for 20 years....with a few breaks in those years.

Then last July 21 I went to sit down on the crapper downstairs and fell face 1st to the floor. Didn't pass out and luckily had my wits to turn my body so landed on my shoulder and tore a big chunk of skin from my forearm.

I literally could not get up. Had no strength in my arms or legs. I thought to myself this might be it. My wife had to call the paramedics to help me get to the couch as she couldn't get me up.

Next morning I still had no strength...I could not stand up. of course I was stubborn and didn't want to go to the ER. But after a few hours finally gave in. My wife had to literally hold on to me trying to walk like I was a baby taking it's 1st steps. Spent 8 hours in a wheelchair getting blood test and IV's. The er doctor wanted me to check into rehab the next day or 2. Even found me spot. Next day he called and and he ordered a CT scan
    for me that same day to see if I had had a stroke. It came back clear but it did show I had had mini strokes going back 20 years which I never knew or felt.

I decided not to go to rehab....I couldn't walk anyways.....and going without contact to the outside world was a no go for me. Not even phone calls/

it took me about 4 days to be able to walk on my own. I lived downstairs and I could not go up them. My wife brought me everything I needed. Then started feeling better everyday.

In about 3 weeks I started feeling better than I have in 15 years. Joined back up the gym and within a month was lifting more than I had 15 years ago. My brain function totally changed also/

I quit cold turkey. I was worried about the horrible things that can happen when you do/ But I had no withdrawal symptoms....nothing.

I have lost 40 pounds and feel great. My iron levels are still quite low though but everything else is good.
    I get the results of an ultrasound on my liver next Wednesday and hopefully it looks better than last time. My Gamma GT has gone down significantly.

One person who I have talked with a bit because he almost lost everything because of alcohol is Alan A. I cant say enough about what a good guy his is giving me encouragement.

One day a a time.

We can do it.
    Damn dude. Sounds like you are also pretty lucky. How old are you? Any other symptoms or illness leading up to this? How long since you been sober? Why is your iron still low?

Why did you get so weak so fast? No stroke so what caused it?

You’re lucky you survived cold-turkey without getting the shakes or worse.

Thanks for sharing bro I guess if we stop early enough we get a second chance forreal.

SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cirrhosis!

In a way glad that all this happened for you to get better and sober. I take Temesta as well to calm down the morning after drinking (I drink every day). I'm suffering from severe anxiety the day after, especially going into work makes it even worse. Problem with that is that by the end of the day my meds are still in my system and I completely black out after 2 bottles of wine.

I desperately want to get out of this horrendous loop, but it's rough man. Got an appointment with a rehab center in two days. I hope this journey of pure torture can finally come to an end and I can start living life again.

It's really crazy how once alcohol grabs a hold of you as a person it starts to control everything you think and do. You want to quit, but neglect the fact you're an alcoholic so you tell yourself it's okay to have that drink.
    “Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge; and through humane ways.”

Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

One day a a time.

We can do it.
    Damn, thanks for sharing your story! I don't see a stated clean day and I don't want to assume, but did you stop drinking after July? If so, congrats on almost hitting six months in a week!! I can relate to the impairment in the ability to walk, or let alone stand. Although, my pathology behind mine was different; I had experienced nerve damage as a result of vitamin B12 deficiency caused by heavy nitrous oxide abuse. It was a scary and incredibly disheartening experience. It just made me not care about life and die even more. I'm glad you're doing well! It's so awesome to see others going strong in their recovery.

Originally Posted by SashaGab View Post
    In a way glad that all this happened for you to get better and sober. I take Temesta as well to calm down the morning after drinking (I drink every day). I'm suffering from severe anxiety the day after, especially going into work makes it even worse. Problem with that is that by the end of the day my meds are still in my system and I completely black out after 2 bottles of wine.

I desperately want to get out of this horrendous loop, but it's rough man. Got an appointment with a rehab center in two days. I hope this journey of pure torture can finally come to an end and I can start living life again.

It's really crazy how once alcohol grabs a hold of you as a person it starts to control everything you think and do. You want to quit, but neglect the fact you're an alcoholic so you tell yourself it's okay to have that drink.
    Yes, that loop is so awful and so difficult to break. You drink to cope with the shame/guilt, which causes even more shame/guilt and then you drink even more. I'm glad to hear that you have an appointment! I wish you well with the detoxing and inpatient stay! And I like the saying "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you".

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Down to a 6 pack a day. feel wayyy better I just go to sleep afterwards

big step from 12-14 and liquor.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    Down to a 6 pack a day. feel wayyy better I just go to sleep afterwards

big step from 12-14 and liquor.
    Nice work brah! Is your intention to fully quit or just reduce the amount you drink? I know that harm reduction is much more realistic and ideal for some. I personally can't do it hahah I need to not drink or use at all.

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

Hey guys! I hope everyone has been having a good weekend so far! Has anyone been doing anything fun or any plans? I've been feeling like I've been getting sick the past few days, so I've been laying low.

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

Hey guys! I hope everyone has been having a good weekend so far! Has anyone been doing anything fun or any plans? I've been feeling like I've been getting sick the past few days, so I've been laying low.
    Going to train show with dad and brother and 2 nephews tomorrow

You got the Covid, brah?

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work brah! Is your intention to fully quit or just reduce the amount you drink? I know that harm reduction is much more realistic and ideal for some. I personally can't do it hahah I need to not drink or use at all.
    reduce and or quit or gain self control
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Going to train show with dad and brother and 2 nephews tomorrow

You got the Covid, brah?
    No, at least I am feeling much better today. Went out biking and now eating a bunch of taquitos.

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    reduce and or quit or gain self control
    I gotcha! Well regardless of your goal, welcome and I hope this thread can be helpful. Over the past nine months, I've really realized the power of being social, having a support group, and being able to share your challenges with those people.

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000) SashaGab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started the new week with 2 sober days, on to my third today, hopefully. It's weird how the first day you are motivated and on track to sobriety while the second day is hell, feeling lost and trapped inside.
    I had two days off from work, at work currently. This is a big test for me, hope I don't fail as I'm sure staying sober even after work will motivate me more towards my goals.
    “Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge; and through humane ways.”

Originally Posted by SashaGab View Post
    I started the new week with 2 sober days, on to my third today, hopefully. It's weird how the first day you are motivated and on track to sobriety while the second day is hell, feeling lost and trapped inside.
    I had two days off from work, at work currently. This is a big test for me, hope I don't fail as I'm sure staying sober even after work will motivate me more towards my goals.
    Nice work! And congrats on the two/three days! Yeah, it's super frustrating how up and down recovery can be. Even after months of sobriety, I still experience (and will likely continue for a few years) post-acute withdrawal symptoms (PAWS), so I try to keep that in mind during the days I feel lost. It helps me to remind myself that this period of feeling ****ty/down is not permanent and I will have some good days ahead!

I hope everyone is doing well and 2023 is starting off strong! My recovery has been really great so far this year although still have had some not so good days. I've been feeling sad this past week because we have had a housemate go MIA and if he doesn't return to the house soon, he will lose his residence. He is a super cool dude and seemed like he was strong in recovery, which is what makes it more difficult. I suppose it is a good reminder to always stay vigilant with one's recovery otherwise it can be easy to let your guard down.

Today has been a really great day for me. I was finally matched with a third recoveree! It'll be awesome to help others in their journey of recovery and the extra money certainly helps a lot. I also had someone ask to call me on the phone in a comment left on one of my nitrous oxide videos. Apparently, he has been going through something similar with nerve damage and having an impaired ability to function, like walking or balancing. I was really glad to share my experience and provide some insight and hope with my successful recovery to like 99% normal lol. And, he sent me a very generous donation that will be incredibly helpful in paying rent next month.

Has anyone had any good victories in their recovery to share? Or any challenges in their recovery? I always appreciate hearing people's challenges and victories; being able to share and be vulnerable helps me and my recovery greatly!!

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoNehr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I decided to go sober on January 1st. Not because of a New Year resolution, it just happened to line up that way. I am currently on day 22 of sobriety and after the first week, I was able to start sleeping better. I have had very little cravings and the change in my habits have really minimalized the chance of setting off a trigger for a craving. I'm back in the gym after an injury and have already lost 5-7lbs if not more, and have improved my sleep and overall mood significantly.

I drank pretty heavily for over a year and a half. I was drinking 10 shots of whiskey just about every night just out of habit. Never blackout, my tolerance just eventually got higher and it got to that point. So, even though its only been 3 weeks, I still feel pretty good. The last time I quit drinking, I stayed sober for 2 years and it was 2 of the most productive and best years of my life. Three weeks isn't quite as long as a year and a half, but its a good start.

Originally Posted by BoNehr View Post
    I decided to go sober on January 1st. Not because of a New Year resolution, it just happened to line up that way. I am currently on day 22 of sobriety and after the first week, I was able to start sleeping better. I have had very little cravings and the change in my habits have really minimalized the chance of setting off a trigger for a craving. I'm back in the gym after an injury and have already lost 5-7lbs if not more, and have improved my sleep and overall mood significantly.

I drank pretty heavily for over a year and a half. I was drinking 10 shots of whiskey just about every night just out of habit. Never blackout, my tolerance just eventually got higher and it got to that point. So, even though its only been 3 weeks, I still feel pretty good. The last time I quit drinking, I stayed sober for 2 years and it was 2 of the most productive and best years of my life. Three weeks isn't quite as long as a year and a half, but its a good start.
    **** yeah! Nice work man and congrats on the three weeks!! It's amazing how healthier you start becoming after even a week or two of sobriety. I hope you continue to post here in the future and share more victories as time passes.

We just had one of the housemates in our house collapse last night and stopped breathing. He was MIA from last Friday up until yesterday morning and we assume he went on a big bender. 911 was called and I believe they were able to resuscitate to some degree. Of course, he was taken to the hospital right after. Pretty intense ****, makes you realize for short and precious life is. Also, it reinforces the idea that our next relapse could possibly be our last relapse. I'll keep updating on here with what happens. I am hoping he can pull through and recover

My Youtube Channel:

YT Gaming Channel:

Nice work! And congrats on the two/three days! Yeah, it's super frustrating how up and down recovery can be. Even after months of sobriety, I still experience (and will likely continue for a few years) post-acute withdrawal symptoms (PAWS), so I try to keep that in mind during the days I feel lost. It helps me to remind myself that this period of feeling ****ty/down is not permanent and I will have some good days ahead!

I hope everyone is doing well and 2023 is starting off strong! My recovery has been really great so far this year although still have had some not so good days. I've been feeling sad this past week because we have had a housemate go MIA and if he doesn't return to the house soon, he will lose his residence. He is a super cool dude and seemed like he was strong in recovery, which is what makes it more difficult. I suppose it is a good reminder to always stay vigilant with one's recovery otherwise it can be easy to let your guard down.

Today has been a really great day for me. I was finally matched with a third recoveree! It'll be awesome to help others in their journey of recovery and the extra money certainly helps a lot. I also had someone ask to call me on the phone in a comment left on one of my nitrous oxide videos. Apparently, he has been going through something similar with nerve damage and having an impaired ability to function, like walking or balancing. I was really glad to share my experience and provide some insight and hope with my successful recovery to like 99% normal lol. And, he sent me a very generous donation that will be incredibly helpful in paying rent next month.

Has anyone had any good victories in their recovery to share? Or any challenges in their recovery? I always appreciate hearing people's challenges and victories; being able to share and be vulnerable helps me and my recovery greatly!!
    Thank you for helping others with their recovery, it's a big commitment to do so but at the same time I'm sure it helps you to stay on track as well. Hope the weekend has treated you well!

Edit: just saw your last post, sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he pulls through man.

Ambient12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Living sober is easier with assistance

Originally Posted by miscbrah44 View Post
    On day 8 no alcohol feeling great had an amazing weekend.

Seen beer at the grocery store and on tv ads I had to look away.

Out of sight out of mind.

Most my friends quit now so it's easier this time around.

Hope everyone is well. If you messed up this weekend remember tmrw is a brand new day to start over.

I am in recovery 29 years. I do not use or abuse any form of medication. I wouldn't be sober without Alcoholics Anonymous! Especially those people who attend meetings in Belfast!

Ambient12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Well done you

Originally Posted by benedetto27 View Post
    First sober Christmas in many years. Six days sober. Hopefully I keep it going and finish out 2023 sober. Almost made it through 2022 but faltered in July.
    Well done you