Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monolift?

SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Monolift?

Hi,

I recently bought a 71’ T2 Titan power rack, and was curious as to if anyone has ever messed around with the mono-lift attachment or the safety straps?

From what I understand, the monolift (never used one before) can serve as something of a spotter for benching/squatting? Not sure if it’s hype, or if I’d need to junk my J-Hook Rollers if I went this route, but the idea of having a spotter when going heavy with a 95lb fiancé as my other option, sounds appealing.

On a related note, I’m curious as to if anyone has messed with the safety straps and found them superior to the pins/arms when squatting in the rack.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SDeWitt10 View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought a 71’ T2 Titan power rack, and was curious as to if anyone has ever messed around with the mono-lift attachment or the safety straps?

From what I understand, the monolift (never used one before) can serve as something of a spotter for benching/squatting? Not sure if it’s hype, or if I’d need to junk my J-Hook Rollers if I went this route, but the idea of having a spotter when going heavy with a 95lb fiancé as my other option, sounds appealing.

On a related note, I’m curious as to if anyone has messed with the safety straps and found them superior to the pins/arms when squatting in the rack.
    Monolift is NOT a spotter. Only a replacement for j-hooks.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Monolift attachments are 100% worth the hype. Once you learn to bench and squat with Mono's there is no going back, wish mine had rollers for easy bar adjustment but I've done fine without.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDeWitt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Monolift attachments are 100% worth the hype. Once you learn to bench and squat with Mono's there is no going back, wish mine had rollers for easy bar adjustment but I've done fine without.

Gotcha! Sooo just had a few more, and forgive the stupidity but:

A-I wouldn’t limit my choice in exercises by switching from J-Hooks to Monolift attachments, right?

B-Would there be a point for me to keep my J-Hook rollers if I get the Monolift attachment?

C-Since I’d be eliminating the lift-off and walkout in benching/squatting, I am or am not doing “tire” benching/squatting?

D-For my circumstances -34, labrum tear years ago, lifting at home and lifting heavy-this is somewhat similar to having a spotter/safer, than not having it?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A) Correct, anything a J-hook can do a monolift attachment can do better (IMO). My regular J-hooks have collected dust since the Mono's came.

B) See answer above, you might keep them as a backup, the Mono's take a little getting used to before I finally ditched the J-hooks.

C) No idea what you mean with this question.

D) Another odd question, but I'd say in the sense of essentially having a lift-off from the Mono's on bench and not having to walk out a squat, you might consider that "Safer". But in terms of overall safety, Mono's couldn't replace a dedicated spotter or rack safeties. See Mech's answer above, they are just an alternative to J-hooks. If you are trying to pitch this purchase to the wife as being "safer" , then you could say it would help prevent shoulder injury from unracking the bar or falling backwards during a walkout LOL.

A) Correct, anything a J-hook can do a monolift attachment can do better (IMO). My regular J-hooks have collected dust since the Mono's came.

B) See answer above, you might keep them as a backup, the Mono's take a little getting used to before I finally ditched the J-hooks.

D) Another odd question, but I'd say in the sense of essentially having a lift-off from the Mono's on bench and not having to walk out a squat, you might consider that "Safer". But in terms of overall safety, Mono's couldn't replace a dedicated spotter or rack safeties. See Mech's answer above, they are just an alternative to J-hooks. If you are trying to pitch this purchase to the wife as being "safer" , then you could say it would help prevent shoulder injury from unracking the bar or falling backwards during a walkout LOL.

Thanks!!

C- typo, I meant “true benching”. Part of benching is lifting the barbell off the J-Hooks and bringing it over your chest, and then beginning benching. Very much like when I presently squat, I take the weight off the hooks, walk back a few few, and begin. I’m being a stickler here, but given that both of those aspects would be eliminated by going with Monolift attachments, am I losing something in these exercises?

I’m with you on a roller mono’s would be ideal, but the only one I found (mutant metals) are out of stock, and $500 or so. Tough sell. Curious as to if you know of any others.

I’m considering the Titan monos, and would be curious as to what made you give monolifts a shot in the first place.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A-I wouldn’t limit my choice in exercises by switching from J-Hooks to Monolift attachments, right?

B-Would there be a point for me to keep my J-Hook rollers if I get the Monolift attachment?
    I'd keep both. You'll eventually find a reason to use the j-cups, and no reason you can't switch between monolift attachments and j-cups. Benching alone is, in my opinion, where the monolift attachments shine, since they give you a handoff, and my programming has no barbell benching. I do use the monolift attachments for squats, but I also did a cycle where I used j-cups and really didn't notice much difference once I got used to walking out again.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think he shortened entire but with the quotations, it's the same number of characters.

I suppose if you compete, it matters.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I think he shortened entire but with the quotations, it's the same number of characters.

I suppose if you compete, it matters.
    Thanks!!

And while I’m at it, I have spotter arms and safety pins. Would I really be gaining anything that I don’t have with these two, by adding safety straps?

Thanks!!

C- typo, I meant “true benching”. Part of benching is lifting the barbell off the J-Hooks and bringing it over your chest, and then beginning benching. Very much like when I presently squat, I take the weight off the hooks, walk back a few few, and begin. I’m being a stickler here, but given that both of those aspects would be eliminated by going with Monolift attachments, am I losing something in these exercises?

I’m with you on a roller mono’s would be ideal, but the only one I found (mutant metals) are out of stock, and $500 or so. Tough sell. Curious as to if you know of any others.

I’m considering the Titan monos, and would be curious as to what made you give monolifts a shot in the first place.
    Like Tolerant Lactose said, unless you compete does it really matter? Most people could care less, I'm not worried about others thinking it's cheating if I'm still pushing my limits. Sure, you are conserving a little energy by using them, but then you are investing that extra energy into the lift so It's a reasonable tradeoff for me.

There were countless reasons to give the Mono's a try, initially I wanted them for squatting but found them to be even more useful for flat / incline bench and even seated military press. I lift solo so it's nice having a lift-off for those movements, these shoulders aren't getting any younger. I've had the Titan Series Mono's and they were great, currently I have the new Rogue AM-2 and they are super high quality. Over the years I've become fairly efficient with racking the bar evenly, so it wouldn't make much sense to switch to something like Beast Metals at this point.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use Monos for my squat and have for a while. I've been hurt walking out a heavy squat before...no interest in that and honestly it makes no sense. If I can start in position and then just rack it, does not dilute the lift at all and makes it safer. Just consider unracking heavy weight positioned on top of your spine and then walking backward with it to only then get in position and squat it...makes absolutely zero sense unless one has no access to monos. Works fine for me.

On bench I have longer arms and never really had an issue unracking and reracking. Most every competitive federation allows for lift off these days I think. A lift off in no way minimizes the lift. This just allows you to train with a lift off. Really helps some people's shoulders on heavy attempts. Makes little difference for me and monos are heavy so without two racks and two sets of monos I'm unlikely to move mine in the rack.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Makes little difference for me and monos are heavy so without two racks and two sets of monos I'm unlikely to move mine in the rack.
    The new Rogue AM-2 are really nice in this regard, more compact & light weight. The side hole adjustment rocks, with the inside lined with UHMW I just slide them up and down the rack. They are slightly easier to adjust than Mech's Mono's (heavier), which says alot since those where drop-in for my old Pendlay rack.

EDIT: Looks like I should have waited, Rogue finally figured out they could add multiple holes to the sides for better spacing. So the AML version would have worked great and the holes I drilled into my rack could have been smaller than the 1" ones.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-a...0-monster-lite
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 05-07-2022 at 11:01 AM.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't like the monolifts and straps at first. But when I got used to them, I like them a lot, and don't think I'd ever want to go back to regular j-hooks and solid safeties.

The monos requires a learning curve when it comes to re-racking. At first I was constantly afraid of missing, and often did on one side. Also sometimes on squats, after a particularly grinding rep, I'd hit the hook on the way up. But with practice, these issues mostly became non-issues.

The strap safeties are more precise, but require more precise setup. At first I'd often hit them before getting full ROM. They don't jar as badly when hit during a rep. But you've gotta mark or memorize 2 positions on each exercise, as opposed to just 1 with traditional safeties. With my Titan strap safeties, I felt setting them was more difficult because there was too much slack in the strap. This made it almost impossible to stay within the westside spacing on one side on bench. I fixed this by replacing the strap with one a couple inches shorter.

Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I didn't like the monolifts and straps at first. But when I got used to them, I like them a lot, and don't think I'd ever want to go back to regular j-hooks and solid safeties.

The monos requires a learning curve when it comes to re-racking. At first I was constantly afraid of missing, and often did on one side. Also sometimes on squats, after a particularly grinding rep, I'd hit the hook on the way up. But with practice, these issues mostly became non-issues.

The strap safeties are more precise, but require more precise setup. At first I'd often hit them before getting full ROM. They don't jar as badly when hit during a rep. But you've gotta mark or memorize 2 positions on each exercise, as opposed to just 1 with traditional safeties. With my Titan strap safeties, I felt setting them was more difficult because there was too much slack in the strap. This made it almost impossible to stay within the westside spacing on one side on bench. I fixed this by replacing the strap with one a couple inches shorter.
    Thanks everyone!!

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The new Rogue AM-2 are really nice in this regard, more compact & light weight. The side hole adjustment rocks, with the inside lined with UHMW I just slide them up and down the rack. They are slightly easier to adjust than Mech's Mono's (heavier), which says alot since those where drop-in for my old Pendlay rack.

EDIT: Looks like I should have waited, Rogue finally figured out they could add multiple holes to the sides for better spacing. So the AML version would have worked great and the holes I drilled into my rack could have been smaller than the 1" ones.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-a...0-monster-lite
    Still can't believe you got rid of that Pendlay rack. I'd have bought it if I had the room but I'm maxed out and not giving up my 6 poster. Nicest half rack. Remember when you got it. I picked up Glenn's book "The Pendlay Method" recently. Not really his book but a compendium of his talks, interviews, and written. Good stuff and bummed he's gone. Have considered picking up some Pendlay bumpers or something else just to have them. I'm about 1/3rd through the book, reading a few things right now, but worthwhile. My training is pretty basic these days so just for reading and to own it.

Rogue seems to produce quality product but not give it a whole lot of thought. Really simple stuff can often make it a lot better. This was a no brainer though. Glad they got it done on the monos. I have Mech's monos and damn they are heavy. They don't get moved at all. Everyone not my height can squat outside with 2nd set of safeties and j hooks. LOL

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Still can't believe you got rid of that Pendlay rack. I'd have bought it if I had the room but I'm maxed out and not giving up my 6 poster. Nicest half rack.
    Yeah, it's slowly made its way on my "Biggest Regret" list of items I've bought/sold over the years. The Legend half rack has grown on me though and it looks great, but the Pendlay half rack was an absolute unicorn. But I 100% understand you not wanting to move them, Mech's Mono's were a two-hand adjustment even as drop-ins, so I'm sure the swing-in style were a PITA! Saw an ad recently but the brand name escapes me right now, but someone out there makes a Pendlay clone with the same unique front loaded drop-in safeties. So who knows what the future holds! Haha

Edit: Think I found it, Promaxima gave me a Pendlay vibe. The open top 3/4 rack especially, but this half rack comes pretty close.

Last edited by urbanlifter; 05-08-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ...damn they are heavy....
    ...so I'm sure the swing-in style were a PITA!...
    You guys need to re-evaluate your training choices if the heaviest things you are lifting are those hooks

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    You guys need to re-evaluate your training choices if the heaviest things you are lifting are those hooks
    Even Captain America had trouble lifting Thor's hammer the first time, that Mech steel feels different!

But after using them for a good while I'd say the Rogue AM-2's are about as good as it gets. Unless you decided to come out of retirement with a better design, making them slightly more compact and with a higher quality method of covering them with UHMW like Rogue. But I still prefer your J-hook design over Rogue's "L" , especially with them being offset to add just a little more hand space.

Even Captain America had trouble lifting Thor's hammer the first time, that Mech steel feels different!

But after using them for a good while I'd say the Rogue AM-2's are about as good as it gets. Unless you decided to come out of retirement with a better design, making them slightly more compact and with a higher quality method of covering them with UHMW like Rogue. But I still prefer your J-hook design over Rogue's "L" , especially with them being offset to add just a little more hand space.
    I get the point about rogue's uhmw looking nicer but here's the thing: the whole point i wanted with my "design" was having uhmw that had no machining (no holes, no milling...) so you could just pop on over to mcmaster.com and get replacement strips (1" wide, 3/8" thick) and just replace them yourself whenever you needed. Literally just a few $. The front piece at the lip does require a hole but that piece should last forever.

I get the point about rogue's uhmw looking nicer but here's the thing: the whole point i wanted with my "design" was having uhmw that had no machining (no holes, no milling...) so you could just pop on over to mcmaster.com and get replacement strips (1" wide, 3/8" thick) and just replace them yourself whenever you needed. Literally just a few $. The front piece at the lip does require a hole but that piece should last forever.
    Makes sense, then maybe just an easy revision to the screws that were used. Those little things kept popping out on me, think I sucked up 1-2 with the vacuum and didn't notice. But those strips would have been super easy to replace so I get the idea

With a regular / medium knurl Barbell I'd expect you would never have to replace the UHMW on the Rogue. We'll see how long it takes the Texas Power Bar to chew through. Far longer than my REP Deep Knurl Barbell I'd imagine, on the Titan Mono's I wondered if they would last just 2-3 years.

Makes sense, then maybe just an easy revision to the screws that were used. Those little things kept popping out on me, think I sucked up 1-2 with the vacuum and didn't notice. But those strips would have been super easy to replace so I get the idea

With a regular / medium knurl Barbell I'd expect you would never have to replace the UHMW on the Rogue. We'll see how long it takes the Texas Power Bar to chew through. Far longer than my REP Deep Knurl Barbell I'd imagine, on the Titan Mono's I wondered if they would last just 2-3 years.
    If you mean the little set screws on the side, yes, you don't really need them. I stopped putting them towards the end.

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you could make some rollers like Ghost Strong or Irwin Fitness to go with your monos, that would be heaven for me.

Only thing they are missing (and I have 2 pairs).

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, it's slowly made its way on my "Biggest Regret" list of items I've bought/sold over the years. The Legend half rack has grown on me though and it looks great, but the Pendlay half rack was an absolute unicorn. But I 100% understand you not wanting to move them, Mech's Mono's were a two-hand adjustment even as drop-ins, so I'm sure the swing-in style were a PITA! Saw an ad recently but the brand name escapes me right now, but someone out there makes a Pendlay clone with the same unique front loaded drop-in safeties. So who knows what the future holds! Haha

Edit: Think I found it, Promaxima gave me a Pendlay vibe. The open top 3/4 rack especially, but this half rack comes pretty close.

I alternate my mech monos for bench and squat and don't see any issue moving them even though they're swing in. They're built great but certainly not a problem moving - takes all of about 20-30 seconds to move both
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi,

The mono attachment is the ticket for the lift-off on the bench if you have creaky shoulders, & the walk-out for the squat. But that's all it does.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    The mono attachment is the ticket for the lift-off on the bench if you have creaky shoulders, & the walk-out for the squat. But that's all it does.
    Less movement required prior to beginning your lift means increased efficiency in addition to shoulder benefits. Squatting safety increases a little as well when you don't need to walk out a heavy weight.

If you ever squat anything "stupid" with bands, for example Marc Bartley's old squat cycle with multiple blue bands on each side, you'll need a monolift.

LOL just saw this now.

With all the water aerobics I'm doing these days I'd be deep into overtraining if I moved those monos. More seriously once I set them up I never moved them. I don't get much out of them for bench and for squat they are my precious.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Less movement required prior to beginning your lift means increased efficiency in addition to shoulder benefits. Squatting safety increases a little as well when you don't need to walk out a heavy weight.
    That's a fair point; I was trying to express that the monos are a substitute for j-hooks but not for anything else, such as safety devices, but did so inartfully.

LOL just saw this now.

With all the water aerobics I'm doing these days I'd be deep into overtraining if I moved those monos. More seriously once I set them up I never moved them. I don't get much out of them for bench and for squat they are my precious.
    Dont lose those water aerobics gainz!

Mech: "Why did I ever make Mono's for these idiots?"

Haha

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont lose those water aerobics gainz!

Mech: "Why did I ever make Mono's for these idiots?"

Haha
    I think Mech still hates me because I asked for a longer weight horn for a sitting calf raise. Seems he quit making stuff for me and the fellow idiots here after that.

My apologies to all for ruining it
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]