Thread: Tennis elbow

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Tennis elbow

Pretty sure I just developed tennis elbow. Pain is on the outside of the elbow and radiates down the forearm. Interestingly I can do skull crushers without pain especially if I go thumbless (suicide skull crushers contender for most brutal exercise name), but out of everything, lateral raises hurt like a bitch, dumbbells and cables. OHPs don’t feel too hot either, and over the past few days I’m achy 24/7. Not in a place to see a PT rn so what’s the best course of action? For the record... ice never seems to help my injuries.

Also, side delt iso alternatives? Are monkey rows worth doing?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a bit of a read but it helps you to understand what's going on.

https://stevenlow.org/overcoming-tendonitis/
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It’s a beotch . Ask me how I know
    Make Misc great again

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lateral raise machine with elbows bent at 90 degrees would be ideal if you have access.

If not, having a partner provide isometric and isotonic resistance to bent arm lateral raises (have him or her stand behind you and attempt to cup your arms and prevent them from leaving your side as you fight to raise them)

You can also stand next to a pole/beam/wall and bend your arm 90 degrees and do side lateral isometric tension against the pole/beam/wall.

I’d suggest ice even if you feel it’s useless, wrapping the elbows is a good idea as well.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    Rest obv

Training through injuries never ends well.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you must train, try getting an elbow brace that wraps tightly around the upper forearm right below the elbow joint esp if it has some sort of padding that presses on the outside of your elbow (just below the joint).

Those can relieve the pain better than entire elbow wraps but see how it feels for you.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It's a bit of a read but it helps you to understand what's going on.

https://stevenlow.org/overcoming-tendonitis/
    Thanks for this, good info on progression through the healing process. I guess eccentric reverse wrist curls are my go-to. I’ve been doing them for the last 2 days and things seem to have improved, so we’ll see how today’s session goes.

@coach I’ll have to give the isometric a shot, I’ll let you know how it goes.

And as for the braces/wraps I have one with padding but it doesn’t actually stay on while I bend my elbow... might just be a cheap piece of crap.

Meh I can feel that I’m approaching a deload soon anyway, good timing I guess.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get a TheraBand FlexBar.

These videos also helped me:

The acupressure I often do between sets.

Well this was less of a big deal than I thought it would be. There is some lingering nagging but for the most part I’m fine. Experience tells me it’ll be another minor chronic thing though. Obviously I’m getting old lmao

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Silencespeaks View Post
    Rest obv

Training through injuries never ends well.
    https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...-tendinopathy/

Key Point #1: Rest is NOT recommended

As discussed above, tendons adapt in response to mechanical stimuli based on dosage of activity. If loading is under-dosed or absent altogether, tendons adapt by decreasing their capacity for activity. For this reason, we strongly advise against rest for tendinopathy. Even though rest can help individuals avoid experiencing symptoms, a return to activity usually results in a resurgence of symptoms since the capacity for load has been reduced. Ultimately, this results in an even lower threshold before experiencing symptoms upon return to activity. Tendons must therefore be stimulated as part of the recovery process to desired activities.

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Well this was less of a big deal than I thought it would be. There is some lingering nagging but for the most part I’m fine. Experience tells me it’ll be another minor chronic thing though. Obviously I’m getting old lmao
    I have the same problem on my right elbow right now.
    Pain on the outside.
    Hard to do presses and tricep work...

Last year, it was on my left elbow... pain has gone completely and my left elbow feels stronger.

I am trying this exercise, no idea if it is worth it or not

Also, this helps but for short periods... the pain is gone for 1 hour.
    Yes, aware of the fact it's not full ROM... I was reticent before trying it, but it worked for me temporarily.

I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.