Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vpax12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why does working out lower my libido?

Hey guys this is my first post so please take it easy on me and I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, but I looked around and it seems the most applicable.
    I'm a 27y/o male. 170lbs 5'8"
    Just as the subject says for some reason the more I work out the less of a sex drive I have.
    I'm eating plenty of calories and actually putting on some mass, getting plenty of sleep, and not overly stressed. I know there is some research out there that says if you are really intensely exercising it can lower your libido, but I am certainly not in that category.
    The weirdest part is if I take four or five days off from the gym my sex drive comes back to what I would consider as normal and I feel great, like fantastic overall!
    I typically work out about 5 days a week and follow a routine that a personal trainer gave me. I've been on that schedule for about 2 months solid.
    It's also worth noting I don't take any supplements or anything like that. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Do I just have to keep going and let my body get used to the intensity of the workout until that's my new normal? This one issue is really killing my motivation to go to the gym consistently.

Squooshy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same problem. After working out I can get and maintain erections no problem, but actually getting there can be a challenge. My only rationalization is that testosterones can only do so much in your body - if it's diverted to your muscles to signal anabolic growth then there's less time for it to influence your sexual thoughts.

chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It may be caused by physical stress on your body due to intese workouts.
    "Eating Healthy is Fun!" (P. Coelho)

Deucalion12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have done some moderately intensive research on this and the only peer reviewed articles I could find blame oxidative stress. This oxidative stress can cause problems with your pituitary gland that calls on your testicles to make testosterone and it can also negatively impact your testicles leydig cells to be less sensitive to produce testosterone. pomegranate supplements are supposed to help and another study I read said eating pomegranate daily could increase testosterone by 40% if your leydig cells were not working correctly due to oxidative stress. Also ashwagandha decrease cortisol effects on the body, cortisol decreases testosterone. This elevated cortisol can be due to working out for too long etc.

Although, even with these supplements and more to offset the negative impacts of working out, my libido has changed too and has a lot more variability depending on my workouts. Also, the studies I have read, all denote working out intensely to cause decreased testosterone which then cause these issues with libido. I have had my testosterone tested prior to me starting my workout journey and while I was working out intensely and it was about the same pretty high so personally this phenomenon has little peer reviewed studies imo. If anyone finds anything out lmk.

Edit: My free T and blood T were both on high side normal. So, it is not like my body can not utilize it if it needs to which makes me feel like it may be something else causing this.
    I'm just going to keep ranting on this post, so, my bad. I had also read an article awhile ago that denoted fatigue to possibly having less of a drive for sex too. This fatigue obviously the result of working out, although, feels like I have been fatigued from work which is physically intensive with no libido changes.
    Last edited by Deucalion12; 06-04-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roland738 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Either you're too worn out, eating foods that effect your hormones or wanking it more often on weeks you're working out.

intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Vpax12 View Post
    Hey guys this is my first post so please take it easy on me and I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, but I looked around and it seems the most applicable.
    I'm a 27y/o male. 170lbs 5'8"
    Just as the subject says for some reason the more I work out the less of a sex drive I have.
    I'm eating plenty of calories and actually putting on some mass, getting plenty of sleep, and not overly stressed. I know there is some research out there that says if you are really intensely exercising it can lower your libido, but I am certainly not in that category.
    The weirdest part is if I take four or five days off from the gym my sex drive comes back to what I would consider as normal and I feel great, like fantastic overall!
    I typically work out about 5 days a week and follow a routine that a personal trainer gave me. I've been on that schedule for about 2 months solid.
    It's also worth noting I don't take any supplements or anything like that. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Do I just have to keep going and let my body get used to the intensity of the workout until that's my new normal? This one issue is really killing my motivation to go to the gym consistently.
    this is surprising. how is your diet / do you get sun daily?