gna86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Pumps @ 35 y/o vs. 20 y/o

What's up ya'll.

So I used to post on these forums many years ago under a different name in the 2000's. I have been on and of lifting for about 18 years now. I am turning 36 this year.

Between the ages of 17-23y/o, I made the initial noob gains and built steadily. I recall at that time, I used to get amazing pumps every workout. I always felt like my muscles were about to burst at every session.

At around 24 y/o I went on a prolonged hiatus from lifting as I focused on other areas of my life. Although I lost my bodybuilder look and strength, I still retained my overall base-shape. At around the same time, I also stopped eating meat regularly for ethical reasons.

Anyway, after those initial years, I feel like I have never been able to get those initial pumps again..

Now, here is something interesting. Towards the end of 2020 (1.5 yrs ago), I built myself a home gym and started lifting again and put myself on program. I was weak AF and my squats, awful. I have trained consistently ever since and have been on dedicated cutting and bulking phases. This Monday, I got 315 ATG squats for 7 reps, and I am currently eating in a deficit to trim down for summer. I'm overall officially stronger than I've ever been in my life even in my crazy pump days where I had pretty good strength as well. This has been possible to being consistent, committed to reaching my goals and the process, as well as implementing things I've learned on Youtube from channels like RPStrength and other coaches. I also had to learn how to squat properly for the first time in my life, and implemented mobility exercises for depth.

Ok so back to the subject. I am very pleased with the results I'm getting. However, for some reason, I feel my pumps are about 70%, at best, of what I used to get in my early 20's. Sometimes I only feel like they're 50% of what they could be. And, even though I'm technically stronger now and made awesome strength gains during my bulk, my strength felt more 'tight' and like my lifts had more 'pop' in my early 20's/meat eating days. This is something I need help in understanding. I figure, it's probably age related? I mean, it is said that Test starts to drop about 1% every year starting from the age of 30. That would mean my testosterone is only about 5-6% lower than at 30 y/o which doesn't seem like a lot.

I have also wondered if it's due to my plant based diet, which is certainly well rounded. I haven't had problems making gains and building new strength beyond my meat eating days.

Does anybody else have a similar experience of losing the pumps of their youth?

Would love to hear some feedback or knowledge on this. And, if there is a way to get them back, would love to find out how. I miss them. My pumps are turd-like compared to back then.

Looking forward to being active on the forums and sharing my bodybuilding journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

gna86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BTw, I'm 35, not 52. Trying to update profile...

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's definitely not age related as you are too young for that, I at 57 still have incredible pumps and my skin feels like it is going to explode.

Maybe check with your doctor to see if your blood flow is intact and if it is and there is no underlying issue then go back to eating meat!
    On the list for Bannukah

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's only one area of lost pump & blood flow you need to be worried about at your age.

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't think it's necessarily age related. My pumps are fine and I'm over 40 now.

If you are satisfactorily progressing towards your goals still, then what's the problem?
    i'm hungry