Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question New to deadlifts

I have only deadlifted twice in my entire life due to low back problems but recently I was reading about sumo (being easier on lower back) , I started with rack pulls bellow the knee just to get the form kinda and I do it with an empty bar.When should I switch to sumo,and any tips on how to progress with dl, cause I think I'm not ready yet to go heavy on dl?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkseidd21 View Post
    I have only deadlifted twice in my entire life due to low back problems but recently I was reading about sumo (being easier on lower back) , I started with rack pulls bellow the knee just to get the form kinda and I do it with an empty bar.When should I switch to sumo,and any tips on how to progress with dl, cause I think I'm not ready yet to go heavy on dl?
    I don't think it's a good idea to switch to a variation to avoid the complications of learning the lift, in general. For that reason, I'd recommend you upload a form check with, say, 135 on the deadlift just to see where you're at with the form. Until you've got that confidently, progression is irrelevant.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"