Rockenheim is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post No idea what im doing

Hello, im going to the gym tonight for the first time in a long time. Pre covid i put in a real effort trying to loose weight as i've been the "fat guy" since i was a kid. When i first started out i started at 132kg and kept it consistent for almost six months and got down to 97kg then covid hit. Home school made me lazy and i had no gym to go to anymore because of covid, after graduating home school turned into home office and with no gym to go to i lost motivation and ended up where im now at 124kg. Im going to the gym tonight, but in term of a fitness lifestyle i have no knowlegde about what to eat or how to train, when i went to the gym pre covid i just did whatever but nothing planned and the reason i lost weight was 100% of what i ate, or dint eat as i straved myself down to 97kg. If someone got any tips i'd love to hear them and hopefully ill get back in a good routine. Thanks beforehand i guess. plz help

says age:52 but im 23, no idea how that happend.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Start here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

You will need to do the following:

1. A moderate calorie deficit (losing 1-2 pounds per week)
    2. Keep protein intake up (at least 0.8g per pound of bodyweight daily)
    3. Lift on a proven strength training program
    4. Try to get in 2-3 sessions of heart-healthy cardio per week (20-30 minutes)

Ignore anyone who tries to make it more complicated than what I just wrote above.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Empress2022 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overwhelmed

Xsquid99,
    I like how you broke it down for the person who posted. Thank you for the info. Would you mind answering 2 questions:

1) What kind of protein do you recommend to start a weight loss program?

2) Are supplements necessary?

Iā€™m a 47 year old female, 75 pounds overweight, addicted to food. Ready to change. Need help.

Thank you.

ā€” Rachel