brenkermc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A question regarding DOMS

Hello all, I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I'm curious, does anyone know or have any idea if DOMS significantly raises one's Basal Metabolic Rate at rest, and if so, why or how? I'm asking because I recently started cutting while strength training to avoid possible losses in strength while losing some body fat. This is before I consider a bulk.

If it helps, I'm male, recently turned 30 and weigh about 175. Body fat at this moment difficult to gauge but I wouldn't say obese or significantly overweight.

Thanks in advance🙂

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i don't think it does, and even if it did, it's not something you should take into account. just pick a calorie number and eat that every day, then adjust based on what happens to your weight

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basal Metabolic Rate is always "at rest", that's what BMR means. Its also an irrelevant number since nobody is only burning their BMR due to some amount of movement throughout the day, unless of course they're in a coma or something. TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is the amount of calories one burns throughout the entire day which factors in BMR, NEAT, EAT, and TEF.

Even if DOMS somehow did somehow factor into TDEE it wouldn't be quantifiable or even enough to be considered relevant.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DOMS are just a side effect of lifting, and usually go away after a period of regular lifting when your body adapts to the new stress. I still get slight DOMS sometimes, but nothing like when I first started. So I’d think it’s the lifting and recovery that impacts TDEE, not the DOMS directly.

This is just off the top of my head, no sources.