SRB6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overtraining syndrome

Hey, so I know the best solution for overtraining syndrome is rest. But let's say there was a certain situation causing someone to only be able to rest 2 days a week. Not being worried about body image, but a real condition.

Would slow, cautious strength training be safe or possible? Especially if the strength training is causing better diet, mood and sleep quality? Thanks.

Edit: just seen sticky about doctors orders, my apologies. That's a great idea though, did not think of that.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    True overtraining syndrome takes weeks to months to resolve. If you really have it and have been given advice from a physician, follow that advice.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Unfortunately they are out of office for a few days. Just brainstorming here, could more conservative training help? Like not pushing to failure every single time.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If strength training is improving your mood/sleep then you likely do not have true overtraining syndrome.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Yeah that was until just recently. I'm positive it's ots, will try minimal exercise instead of maximum amount of strength training I can do in a day.

Didn't wanna go into my history but I've experienced the ots/burnout/training 7 days a week 5 years ago.

I read that low intensity aerobics is still possible when recovering from overtraining, pushups, squats, etc.
    Last edited by SRB6; 05-03-2022 at 05:43 PM.