Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000)

Looking for recommendations on a new bench

Something in the $350 range. Looking for adjustable positions.

The one I have now seems to be a little to tall for me. My feet don’t plant on the floor like I want so Im looking for a upgrade.

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by JoweW; 04-28-2022 at 07:32 AM.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want adjustable then I think you'll do the best by taking your $200 to the used market.

For new, I'd save up a little more and get a Rep bench like this one:

https://repfitness.com/products/ab-3...eight-bench-v3

JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000) JoweW is just really nice. (+1000)
    I could spend more if need be for one that I would keep and not have to replace in the future.
    Mainly trying to replace the el cheapo I bought in the beginning.

Thanks for the link

I’ve had my eye on this one.

repfitness.com/collections/adjustable-weight-benches/products/ab-3000-fid-adjustable-bench

Any opinions on the AB-3000?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want decline, I'd spend even more and go with the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro or higher end Rep bench. I don't find decline to be important enough to buy lower end benches. Having the wide seat pad and leg rollers in the way while doing flat and incline movements would be annoying.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If $200 or so is your price range I agree that your best bet is a good, used , commercial bench.
    You mentioned bench height being an issue,
    I had a Rep AB3000 for awhile and while it’s an awesome bench, it was a little too high for my height.
    I replaced it with the Ironmaster Super Pro bench and it’s perfect for me. The older IM bench was too tall. It’s more than what you mentioned as your budget but it’s a great adjustable bench and worth considering if you’re able to spend more.
    I had a Hammerstrength Pro adjustable bench in the past and like the IM Pro better than the HS.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

I’ll check it out.

I can probably do $350. I edited the original post to say $350.

Keep the suggestions coming. I’m looking at them all.

Thanks

miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any opinions on the AB-3000?[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention this bench. I came across it a few years ago after I already had my ironmaster. Price of this (like everything else) has gone up by about $100 from last time I saw it. What caught my eye is the decline looks more like a traditional decline than the ironmaster. With that said the ironmasters decline position is great for sit ups. That rep fitness looks like a nice solid bench from all the research I had done on it. If your willing to spend that much I would go for it, or in a few years you might be looking again wishing you had gotten something nicer and it will be $100 more expensive than it is now. A nice quality bench will last, you might as well get it.

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    If $200 or so is your price range I agree that your best bet is a good, used , commercial bench.
    You mentioned bench height being an issue,
    I had a Rep AB3000 for awhile and while it’s an awesome bench, it was a little too high for my height.
    I replaced it with the Ironmaster Super Pro bench and it’s perfect for me. The older IM bench was too tall. It’s more than what you mentioned as your budget but it’s a great adjustable bench and worth considering if you’re able to spend more.
    I had a Hammerstrength Pro adjustable bench in the past and like the IM Pro better than the HS.
    I just ordered a SuperBench Pro. If you buy two accessories you get 8% off which helps a little. $522 with crunch/decline and vinyl roller pads. That's getting a bit high considering his original budget.

Personally I don't like traditional decline benches like the AB 3000 because the wide seat and pads sticking out the front are awkward when doing incline work. The gap is pretty wide too. But all benches have compromises so it's a subjective thing. The AB 3000 should be a solid bench, if that's the kind of bench he wants.

Last edited by bisonp; 04-29-2022 at 08:03 AM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I just ordered a SuperBench Pro. If you buy two accessories you get 8% off which helps a little. $522 with crunch/decline and vinyl roller pads. That's getting a bit high considering his original budget.
    I've had the Ironmaster Pro since it's initial launch, it's a fantastic bench that performs well in just about every situation. My second bench is the CAP+ Commercial from WF Athletics, another great bench that's relatively unknown to most people due to the negative association with the brand name. But I'm fairly confident that if more people gave that bench a try it would be right in the running with REP's popular benches.

The IM is my go-to bench for flat & decline chest work, the hybrid pad is awesome and I also have the leg extension attachment which I use frequently. It also works well for chest supported rows given it's unique design. The CAP+ is my dedicated DB bench, the seat is more comfortable for incline/upright work and it's absolutely rock solid in terms of stability. Usually I'm not one for redundancy with keeping more than one bench, but in this case I think they compliment each other nicely.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    I've had the Ironmaster Pro since it's initial launch, it's a fantastic bench that performs well in just about every situation. My second bench is the CAP+ Commercial from WF Athletics, another great bench that's relatively unknown to most people due to the negative association with the brand name. But I'm fairly confident that if more people gave that bench a try it would be right in the running with REP's popular benches.

The IM is my go-to bench for flat & decline chest work, the hybrid pad is awesome and I also have the leg extension attachment which I use frequently. It also works well for chest supported rows given it's unique design. The CAP+ is my dedicated DB bench, the seat is more comfortable for incline/upright work and it's absolutely rock solid in terms of stability. Usually I'm not one for redundancy with keeping more than one bench, but in this case I think they compliment each other nicely.
    I am finally retiring my Powerblock Sport Bench. And really that hasn't been a bad bench at all considering what it cost, but the vinyl is cracking so it was a good excuse to look for something better. Prior to that I had a Hoist FID bench that was solid but just too high and like the AB-3000, awkward for incline work.

I really like the new Rep AB 4100. To me it's an ideal size, sturdy as I'd ever need it to be while not being such a tank for the wife and kids to move around. But they want the crunch ability of the Ironmaster, and I kind of like the idea of doing Nordic Curls on it. I only have space for one so I'm giving Ironmaster a try. I do wish it had a tripod foot design, a grab handle, and a little higher seat. But like I said all benches have compromises.

One thing that isn't mentioned much is that the Ironmaster is made in Taiwan. All of its competitors in that price range that I am aware of are made in China. That's a big plus for the Ironmaster in my book.
    Last edited by bisonp; 04-29-2022 at 11:15 AM.

miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Overall I love my ironmaster. Not perfect but good for pretty much everything I need it for. Main issue on mine is it is pretty high in the flat position, I think the new version fixes this. One way around this is to incline it to the first position, I wouldn’t even call this incline as it is pretty much still flat but it makes quite a difference on the positioning of my legs.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Personally I don't like traditional decline benches like the AB 3000 because the wide seat and pads sticking out the front are awkward when doing incline work. The gap is pretty wide too. But all benches have compromises so it's a subjective thing. The AB 3000 should be a solid bench, if that's the kind of bench he wants.

same here got the bench, leg extension for pro setup accessory and vinyl covers. got a 10% package deal. Already shipped. should get it next week
    Still have my Legend three-way. So I should be all set for benches.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

yeah one of the reasons I ordered the ironmaster pro is for chest supported rows with less obstruction due to its design. But I was also looking for an ab bench but space is tight, figured the iron master pro fits the bill. Also looking forward to doing lying leg curls until I can get a better option in the future.

I ordered the AB-3000 Guys. I just can’t spare the cheese to get the ironmaster But from all the reviews I’ve seen and what I’ve read about it, I think Ill be satisfied.

Anything is better than what I have now. Lol

Thanks for the help Men

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JoweW View Post
    I ordered the AB-3000 Guys. I just can’t spare the cheese to get the ironmaster But from all the reviews I’ve seen and what I’ve read about it, I think Ill be satisfied.

Anything is better than what I have now. Lol

Thanks for the help Men
    I've had no issues with my Rep AB-3000. It's a very solid bench, nice purchase.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    yeah one of the reasons I ordered the ironmaster pro is for chest supported rows with less obstruction due to its design. But I was also looking for an ab bench but space is tight, figured the iron master pro fits the bill. Also looking forward to doing lying leg curls until I can get a better option in the future.
    Honestly, if you could only own one bench I don't think you can find a better one than the Ironmaster Pro for its versatility. It works well in just about every scenario and the attachments are a HUGE plus in my book. The preacher curl attachment I'm not a fan of but the Leg Extension gets the job done and the ab/decline is fantastic. The only gripe I can think of is that every 2-3months I have to give the bolts a 1/4th turn to keep things tight, but other than that what's not to like?

How long does it normally take REP to ship? I still haven’t received a tracking number.
    Anyone order directly from them and remember shipping times?

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long does it normally take REP to ship? I still haven’t received a tracking number.
    Anyone order directly from them and remember shipping times?
    You ordered on a Sunday bro. More than likely you'll get some sort of email notification next week, be patient.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    You ordered on a Sunday bro. More than likely you'll get some sort of email notification next week, be patient.
    No Sir. I ordered last Thursday but your right. I need to give them a few days.
    Just excited to get my new bench and get rid of that mid evil torture device that I’m using at the moment.

...but other than that what's not to like?
    Well I'd like a tripod foot design, a grab handle for moving it around, the seat about an inch higher in incline, and the ability to order it with the hybrid pad instead of being forced to buy that separate. Since you asked, lol. There's always room for improvement!

Well I'd like a tripod foot design, a grab handle for moving it around, the seat about an inch higher in incline, and the ability to order it with the hybrid pad instead of being forced to buy that separate. Since you asked, lol. There's always room for improvement!
    So, all small things you knew before buying the bench. I'd like a cup holder too, stupid Ironmaster haha

Been one week since I ordered and paid. My bench still hasn’t shipped. Email this morning said it should be shipped within “the next few days”.

So far my opinion of Rep Fitness is, ..They suck ass. I’m just hoping their products are better than their service.

Had I known this, I would have ordered the bench from someone else and had it three days later.

Been one week since I ordered and paid. My bench still hasn’t shipped. Email this morning said it should be shipped within “the next few days”.

So far my opinion of Rep Fitness is, ..They suck ass. I’m just hoping their products are better than their service.

Had I known this, I would have ordered the bench from someone else and had it three days later.
    When is the last time you ordered equipment? This isn't 2019 and your bench is manufactured in China. There are all kinds of shipping and supply chain challenges still going on.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    When is the last time you ordered equipment? This isn't 2019 and your bench is manufactured in China. There are all kinds of shipping and supply chain challenges still going on.
    Then they should note the product that it may take two weeks to ship.
    Simple fix.

On a side note, amazon is full of these benches but they were $30 more. Lol
    3 day delivery. Had I known the shipping time, I wouldn’t have tried to save $30.
    Last edited by JoweW; 05-05-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Their website says right at the top that orders ship in 7-9 days. I would assume that means business days.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Their website says right at the top that orders ship in 7-9 days. I would assume that means business days.
    Yes it does. I didn’t see it. I stand corrected. 100% off base with my post.
    Thank You for pointing that out radrd.

Nothing like the taste of foot. Lol

Yes it does. I didn’t see it. I stand corrected. 100% off base with my post.
    Thank You for pointing that out radrd.

Nothing like the taste of foot. Lol
    All good. We all know what it's like anxiously waiting for new gear to ship. Rep isn't perfect, but generally they have good customer service. Hopefully, your bench will ship soon. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Thank You

It's 'Amazon Prime' syndrome, I'm guilty of it as well. Anything that takes more than a few days to arrive I'm starting to get impatient. Haha