Thread: Back of Tricep

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Back of Tricep

It seems pressing doesn’t target the most impressive part of the triceps, the back.

What are you all doing for this?

I just started doing dips with my hands behind a bench with my feet stretch out as far as possible. Seems to hit that area, think I’ll need to do a lot of these. Even skull crushers don’t seem to hit the rear as these dips.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    It seems pressing doesn’t target the most impressive part of the triceps, the back.

What are you all doing for this?

I just started doing dips with my hands behind a bench with my feet stretch out as far as possible. Seems to hit that area, think I’ll need to do a lot of these. Even skull crushers don’t seem to hit the rear as these dips.

One of my favorites is using a rope on a cable machine, unlike skull crushers and other bar exercises, the rope allows you to flare out near the end of the movement. I do them in a pressdown and overhead position. The flaring out is essential to hit all areas imo.. They are fun to do and since it is a rope my elbows appreciate the neutral grip position.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you referring to the medial head? if so that part of the tricep is under the long head and the best way to hit it is via isolation movements, such as reverse reverse triceps pushdowns, lying one arm triceps extensions to the chest, overhead rope extensions etc
    On the list for Bannukah

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I enjoy doing heaps of "Diamond Push-Ups" you don't need to be in a gym or have excess to equipment, so you can do them basically do them anywhere. I'm convinced they add bulk to the back of the arms, but you need to keep at them! I do them at work and always get a great pump!
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the replies, BH yes that sounds like the name.

As Clive stated I have also been doing the diamond push ups too.

I don’t have a pull down station but I could do them with a rope on Saturday in the gym once a week.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry I'm very late to this thread but if you can stomach Mark Rippetoe being... well ermm.. very "Mark Rippetoe", then what do you make of this? He gives his opinions on how to best train the bit at the back (the long head) that ordinary pressing doesn't hit
    I'm not actually doing this myself, instead after barbell OHP I am sitting at a hammer strength machine and just working the hell out of the top half of the OHP movement with a fast up and a super slow down (negative training), that seems to hit all of the triceps for me, but I'm not trying to target the "back" bit of it myself. If you can get past the Rippetoe-iness of the video, there seems good info in it?

Yo Tommy,

So doing the diamond style push up has given the back of the tricep some visibility with that My latest set of skull crushers were the best yet. I believe that by having some base development there I was able to focus on my form for skull crushers.

I’m not looking for the pretty perfect horseshoe I want more of miniature Scott Steiner bulge in the back of my arm.

I did a great set of skull crushers today for 25 reps and the back of my arms feel as my legs do after my squats which is what I’m looking for.

As for the diamond pushups I do as many as possible and I will rest my body on the floor and arch my back to get more reps, I can do about 40 in 1 set.

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think you're talking about the long head, and that is best hit doing exercises like skull crushers or any other movement where your front delts are in a flex/fixed position, and your triceps are already in a deep stretch.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    As for the diamond pushups I do as many as possible and I will rest my body on the floor and arch my back to get more reps, I can do about 40 in 1 set.
    ******** ****! 40 is good, I restarted doing diamond pushups yesterday after neglecting all pushups for too long (yes I know, stupid) and I did 10 and form broke, as I practice the numbers will pickup again but 40 will take me some time to catch-up with you.
    Did you ever consider stopping increasing at some number of reps and instead putting a ball under one hand to increase difficulty?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    ******** ****! 40 is good, I restarted doing diamond pushups yesterday after neglecting all pushups for too long (yes I know, stupid) and I did 10 and form broke, as I practice the numbers will pickup again but 40 will take me some time to catch-up with you.
    Did you ever consider stopping increasing at some number of reps and instead putting a ball under one hand to increase difficulty?
    My form breaks around 30, from there on I will rest my body on the floor to keep the set going.

From what I experience trying to be perfect and integrity in the form is overrated, when I do test pause and can’t even do a rep with a straight back (my last 2-3 reps are arched back) hits that area the best, IMO.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    One of my favorites is using a rope on a cable machine, unlike skull crushers and other bar exercises, the rope allows you to flare out near the end of the movement. I do them in a pressdown and overhead position. The flaring out is essential to hit all areas imo.. They are fun to do and since it is a rope my elbows appreciate the neutral grip position.
    This.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.