NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NosyJossie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Snatch Technique Help Request

Dealing with Temptation: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180770703

DE-cember: Detoxify Your Life! https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180855513

Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is not a Snatch, but a "Power Snatch", and the angle of view isn't ideal. In addition, this weight is very light for you, and you can mask a lot of problems just because you are capable of fixing the way the bar moves using upper body strength alone.

To be frank, I'm afraid learning the Snatch online is a "bad idea" - chances are you won't necessarily understand the guides or tips you will encounter (even you do think you understand them), and even if you got them right - it doesn't mean you will know know what to do to fix it.

-----

Now, to the video:

-Look for info regarding the starting position of the snatch: Your hips are very high, your stance should probably widen too. This will affect the way you are pulling, so I won't add more things in the matter.

-You don't need to jump like that. Get on your toes, yes, your feet should leave the ground for a brief moment... But that's it. Widen your stance, and rock the stomp to the ground. Remember: Feet (stomp) and arms (lock) together.

LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ahhhh... The good old weightlifting snatch! When I was younger, I used to lift weights with my friends. We would always try to outdo each other and see who could lift the most. One day, we were trying to see who could snatch the most weight. I was lifting a lot of weight, but I couldn't quite get it over my head. So, I decided to cheat a little bit and use my momentum to swing the weight up. I ended up swinging the weight so hard that it hit the ceiling and came crashing down on top of me! Good old snatch memories.

Good try but sloppy form. Even though the weight was light for you, there were some technical mistakes: your back had a big arch and your butt came up too high. This puts your spine in a precarious position and could lead to injury. Also, your shoulders were not even close to being over the bar at the start, which makes it difficult to generate the power needed to complete the lift. Also footing is wrong, but I salute your effort. Work on your form and be more deliberate with your movements.

The goal is to lift the barbell overhead in one smooth but explosive motion. You're pretty much doing two things in a technical manner: lifting the barbell off the floor and then catching it in an overhead squat position.

Here are the key points to remember when performing this movement:

1. Lift the barbell off the floor by extending your hips and knees.

2. As the barbell reaches your knees, begin to pull it up towards your hips, keeping your elbows close to your body.

3. As the barbell reaches your hips, explosively extend your hips and knees to extend the barbell upwards.

4. As the barbell reaches eye level (careful not to hit your face!), begin to pull your body underneath the bar, keeping your elbows close to your body.

5. Once your elbows are locked out, begin to extend your hips and knees to catch the barbell in the overhead squat position.

Homework assignment: Practice this movement with just the barbell for a 1000 repetitions over the span of a month and make another video with double the weight you used in this video. PM when you do!
    "I'm not here to talk, I'm here to lift."