Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Just starting out

Hi there,

I'm a 38 year old mother of two. I like going for walks and yoga, but I don't love running or mega-cardio stuff!

I've recently found out that my thyroid is 'borderline' underactive (not given any medication - I'm to go back for more tests in 3 months). I want to try and stay strong and healthy. Ideally, I'd also like to look good! ðŸ˜

I've just joined the local gym. I can't afford personal training so need to figure stuff out for myself. I'm going to order the New Rules of Lifting for Women on my Kindle tonight.

Stats:

Age - 38
    Height - 168cm/5 ft 6
    Weight - 116lb

I will try to add some pictures. I didn't realise how untidy the room was when I took them! It didn't seem so bad this side of the lens!

Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petal040 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ah - I think I need 50 posts to be able to add photos. Will work on that, then!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hi, welcome

You can upload pictures into your bodyspace without needing 50 posts

That book is most likely a good starting point, I've heard good things about it. There is plenty more good information in the sticky threads at the top of each forum section - like Workout Programs, Exercises, Nutrition etc. Those sections are also a bit more busy than this one. Most people will have a go at answering any questions you have but it always helps if you've done some background reading of your own.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Hi, welcome

You can upload pictures into your bodyspace without needing 50 posts

That book is most likely a good starting point, I've heard good things about it. There is plenty more good information in the sticky threads at the top of each forum section - like Workout Programs, Exercises, Nutrition etc. Those sections are also a bit more busy than this one. Most people will have a go at answering any questions you have but it always helps if you've done some background reading of your own.
    Thank you! I have added two progress photos. I'll have a browse of the other forum parts.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome!

When it comes to getting started try not to overthink it. Get yourself on a good routine, focused around the important compound lifts and stay consistent. Set a proper calorie intakes based on your goals and track accordingly.

Keep it simple...because simple works.

There's a lot of good information in here to get you started.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168176343

Good luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thank you! 🙂

fco45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Petal040 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a 38 year old mother of two. I like going for walks and yoga, but I don't love running or mega-cardio stuff!

I've recently found out that my thyroid is 'borderline' underactive (not given any medication - I'm to go back for more tests in 3 months). I want to try and stay strong and healthy. Ideally, I'd also like to look good! ������

I've just joined the local gym. I can't afford personal training so need to figure stuff out for myself. I'm going to order the New Rules of Lifting for Women on my Kindle tonight.

Stats:

Age - 38
    Height - 168cm/5 ft 6
    Weight - 116lb

I will try to add some pictures. I didn't realise how untidy the room was when I took them! It didn't seem so bad this side of the lens!
    Petala40, I think you can do this at home, because it doesn't require any equipment! It's just video. Variations on planks

1. Place your hands directly beneath your shoulders (slightly broader than shoulder width) as though you're going to sleep.

2. To stabilize your body, dig your toes into the floor and compress your glutes. Your legs should be active as well, but avoid locking or hyperextending your knees.

3. Look at a point on the floor approximately a foot beyond your hands to neutralize your neck and spine. Your back should be parallel to your head.

4. Maintain the position for a total of 20 seconds. Hold your plank for as long as you can without compromising your form or breathing as you get more comfortable with the move.

Watch the video in TWO options, CHOOSE:
    *************.us/x75066396
    *************.us/x83437008

fco45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there,

I've recently found out that my thyroid is 'borderline' underactive (not given any medication - I'm to go back for more tests in 3 months). I want to try and stay strong and healthy. Ideally, I'd also like to look good! 😊

Stats:

Age - 38
    Height - 168cm/5 ft 6
    Weight - 116lb

Petala40, I think you can do this at home, because it doesn't require any equipment! It's just video. Variations on planks

1. Place your hands directly beneath your shoulders (slightly broader than shoulder width) as though you're going to sleep.

2. To stabilize your body, dig your toes into the floor and compress your glutes. Your legs should be active as well, but avoid locking or hyperextending your knees.

3. Look at a point on the floor approximately a foot beyond your hands to neutralize your neck and spine. Your back should be parallel to your head.

4. Maintain the position for a total of 20 seconds. Hold your plank for as long as you can without compromising your form or breathing as you get more comfortable with the move.

I can't post links here, but the title of the youtube video is: "60 Minute Full Body PNF Flexibility Routine"

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi there,

I've recently found out that my thyroid is 'borderline' underactive (not given any medication - I'm to go back for more tests in 3 months). I want to try and stay strong and healthy. Ideally, I'd also like to look good! 😊

Stats:

Age - 38
    Height - 168cm/5 ft 6
    Weight - 116lb

I will try to add some pictures. I didn't realise how untidy the room was when I took them! It didn't seem so bad t Yes his side of the lens!
    Perhaps start by looking at a video I put out on Youtube on my channel about a good beginner 3 times a week full body lifting program.Sounds like your looking to gain muscle at 5-6 and 116 pounds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class