planky7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Is it okay to continue lifting this way?

I've been lifting light weights (5 pounds) to lose fat for 25 reps in 2 sets but my muscles does not ache like the way it does before so does that mean I should add more reps to my sets or just stay to 25 since I'm just aiming to cut some weight?

Registered User userKCE2FBSXXR8's Avatar
    userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) userKCE2FBSXXR8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by planky7 View Post
    I've been lifting light weights (5 pounds) to lose fat for 25 reps in 2 sets but my muscles does not ache like the way it does before so does that mean I should add more reps to my sets or just stay to 25 since I'm just aiming to cut some weight?
    Lifting with high reps does not mean you will lose more fat, you may actually lose more muscles by doing that. Lift heavy and do progressive overload whether you cut or bulk.

Originally Posted by userKCE2FBSXXR8 View Post
    Lifting with high reps does not mean you will lose more fat, you may actually lose more muscles by doing that. Lift heavy and do progressive overload whether you cut or bulk.
    Thats another problem I have mate. I workout at home and I'm limited to this pair of 5kg dumbbels

isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) isaacr65 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi, it's time add more load to the weights you lift. Maybe 8 kg?
    Fitness trainer, avid learner, dog lover & online entrepreneur.

Originally Posted by isaacr65 View Post
    only got 5kg man

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not going to be enough for most things. You will plateau very fast especially in the movements for larger muscle groups.

You can keep doing higher and higher reps - but once you get over about 20-30, it will at some point stop becoming effective.

Either get more equipment, join a gym or do what you can to adjust: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100)
    why did you decide that your muscles should ache?

Flex4BTC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by isaacr65 View Post
    This. You cant make much progress with one set of weights. Also what lifts are you doing? Just curls? You can build a decent workout with just a few sets of db's and a couple lifts so I'd make sure to be dong lunges, curls, tricep extensions, DB OH press, fly's, and rows.
    Time to get back into it

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats another problem I have mate. I workout at home and I'm limited to this pair of 5kg dumbbels
    What is your limit with space and budget? You've already outgrown the 5 kg dumbbells.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16