stuckfailing is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Where to go from here???

Almost 40, desk job for nearly 20 years, use to be 185lbs and manage a gym. Now I'm 235lbs feel like crap, losing muscle, packing on lbs, and starting to forget what it even feels like and quite frankly looks like to be me. I know I will have more energy, better brain power, higher functionality in many ways if I get healthy but I'm tired ALL the time, stressed out far too often, and even though I know I should be motivated by my current situation and where it's heading if things continue... I have almost no motivation and am disturbed and frustrated about where I am and how I feel. I'm not the kind of person who asks for help. To be honest, while I know I have so very little figured out, I find myself way to prideful and never motivated about my health because, right or wrong...I feel like I know at a very basic level ways to make significant improvements but continually fail to do so. I never use to feel guilty about what I eat, but it's gotten to that point because on the one hand I want to experience change and on the other I just feel like I'm completely failing. I've got a wife and 5 wonderful kids that I don't want to fail or embarrass but, my Dad was fat and I know it created limitations in our lives growing up that he regretted. I don't want to regret doing nothing about this

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    A good start would be to read the "basics" sticky thread regarding fat loss in the Fat Loss forum. Then go to Workout Programs and look at the Fierce 5 sticky thread.

Keep it simple - count calories, check your protein and fat intake, follow a program without messing with it. Make it a habit.

If you have any more specific questions after doing that reading, post them in the relevant forum, they are more active than this one is.