Nihil31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Method Of Muscle Growth

Hey everyone, okay so let me clarify, I'm currently doing my first serious recomp as frankly i'm tired of being the overweight guy, Anyways so i have my nutrition pretty much sorted out already though some mentioned that doing a super set doesn't help much if you are trying to get leaner, So i was wondering, would an traditional Upper/Lower Body split be better or a 2-3 muscle group a day be a good option? Free weights nly as i only have two 20kg(44lbs) dumbells and a barbell to work with. I was thinking of doing either 12 reps by 4 sets or 3 sets only. The plan is to add on muscle mass while lowering body fat to achieve a sort of beach body look, nothing crazy

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There isn't a single best method or we'd all be doing it and nothing else.

The basics are very simple and there are many things you can fiddle with which don't make an awful lot of difference to the outcome - but you can still do it if you have a particular preference. Your choice of split is a case in point - either would be fine as long it inspires you to work hard, push for progress and be consistent.

If you don't want to think about it and just want something that will drive you in the right direction, pick a novice routine like Fierce 5 from the sticky threads.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best method for muscle growth is to move a heavy object from point A to point B. Oftentimes, you'll be moving said heavy object from point B back to point A. Repeat as necessary.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1- Lift heavy weights, changing the routine now and again (don't keep doing the same thing over and over again.)
    2- Eat well, very low sugar, watch your fat intake but keep the protein intake high.
    3- Sustain the training, don't give up, lot's of small gains over time eventually amounts to something!
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In after clive
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’d probably lean towards an upper lower for most people. A split where you pick 2-3 body parts at a time can work okay if each muscle group gets hit about every 5th day imo. Legs push pull would have the least amount of over lap in that case. If you chose to train that way at least pick a split that makes sense.

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Oh ****, I have a clive meme from 10 years ago. I have to find it

https://imgur.com/a/jQdfvLf

The best routine is the one you will stick to.
    Last edited by FurtadoZ9; 03-27-2022 at 12:27 PM.
    Email to chat about programming or anything training related : FurtadoZ9@outlook.com

Baphomet123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do you mean when you said your nutrition is 'sorted?'

Workout program is based on your recovery/stimulus.

Nihil31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Baphomet123 View Post
    How do you mean when you said your nutrition is 'sorted?'

Workout program is based on your recovery/stimulus.
    Meaning i got it pretty much dialed in and strict, so far i've been following it quite religiously with the odd break from it when my girlfriend is over, currently went from 216lbs down to the current 209lbs

Baphomet123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nihil31 View Post
    Meaning i got it pretty much dialed in and strict, so far i've been following it quite religiously with the odd break from it when my girlfriend is over, currently went from 216lbs down to the current 209lbs
    What is strict and dialed? The statement "quite religiously with the odd break" is already a hint for me that you do not understand your macros at all. It is not that you cant have a occasional let go of your diet, but how far you do it. You can cheat with +300calories in one day, you could also cheat with 1000+ calories in one day.

At the same time, your weight loss is a good indication for us to say you are in a caloric deficit (this is the answer I am looking for). So, your goal to 'gain muscle' will be close to not happening to very minimal results. but hey, you are losing fat.