AntoMastro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Injured my shoulder pretty badly yesterday - How do I stay motivated?..

Yesterday I injured my shoulder pretty badly. I went to the gym, stepped on the treadmill to warm up and guess what happened. I finished my running, pressed the button to stop but the machine got stuck. It kept running but I thought it stopped, so I stepped in the middle. At the same time I was holding the treadmill handle with my left hand. Which made my whole body stretch a lot, and specifically my shoulder. Got a cracking/popping sound and pain afterwards.

I went to an orthopedist straight away (within an hour), he said it's not bone and that it's soft tissue, either tendon or muscle. Suggested me to ice it up etc and see him again in a week time. He also said I should have an MRI if pain does not subside the next few days. I just really, really hope it's a low grade strain/pull. If it's a serious one I might have to stay off weights for many weeks, if not months.

Not sure how to mentally handle this. I was at my strongest, fittest and about to start a summer cut. Then this happened. Inevitably I am postponing my cut, and now all I have to do is fight through pain and try to eat at maintenance while trying to somehow maintain muscle.

A day later and I feel pain when I move my arm past certain points/angle/height. Pain is not immense, but not light either.

Enough with my venting. I think most of you know how I feel. I have been injured in the past as well (tendon tear - back) and I was out for nearly 9 months, so I know the process. Been a lifter for 5-6 years now.

How do I keep myself motivated? I just feel pathetic since yesterday. No mood to do anything.

P.S No clue why it says I am 52 years old lol. I am 22.

hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AntoMastro View Post
    Yesterday I injured my shoulder pretty badly. I went to the gym, stepped on the treadmill to warm up and guess what happened. I finished my running, pressed the button to stop but the machine got stuck. It kept running but I thought it stopped, so I stepped in the middle. At the same time I was holding the treadmill handle with my left hand. Which made my whole body stretch a lot, and specifically my shoulder. Got a cracking/popping sound and pain afterwards.

I went to an orthopedist straight away (within an hour), he said it's not bone and that it's soft tissue, either tendon or muscle. Suggested me to ice it up etc and see him again in a week time. He also said I should have an MRI if pain does not subside the next few days. I just really, really hope it's a low grade strain/pull. If it's a serious one I might have to stay off weights for many weeks, if not months.

Not sure how to mentally handle this. I was at my strongest, fittest and about to start a summer cut. Then this happened. Inevitably I am postponing my cut, and now all I have to do is fight through pain and try to eat at maintenance while trying to somehow maintain muscle.

A day later and I feel pain when I move my arm past certain points/angle/height. Pain is not immense, but not light either.

Enough with my venting. I think most of you know how I feel. I have been injured in the past as well (tendon tear - back) and I was out for nearly 9 months, so I know the process. Been a lifter for 5-6 years now.

How do I keep myself motivated? I just feel pathetic since yesterday. No mood to do anything.

P.S No clue why it says I am 52 years old lol. I am 22.

Dw so much about it man. What's gonna happen if you wait 2 weeks? NOTHING and if ur really serious about still cutting maybe just eat 250cal less? anyway I would say don't worry about it so much and just make sure you recover properly and give your body the tools it needs to recover

Cheers bro
    Former fat kid gang

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear about the injury.
    Fortunately not major!

When I have an injury, I focus on hitting other body parts harder and I think about making faster progress on those.

Best wishes.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100) rozajav is not very well liked. (-100)
    Injury never harms my motivation. I just focus on something else and wait till I feel well.

AntoMastro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Appreciate the comments all of you.

If I have to be 2 weeks out, then that's fine. It's nothing. But if it gets to the point where it's plenty of weeks, or months, then it won't be the best thing in the world (muscle loss, fat gain potentially, postponing my cut, having to deal with pain etc). You see shoulder is being used in almost every single exercise. I will probably start doing isolation exercises with my non-injured side very soon.

Two days in now, I think pain is subsiding but very slowly. I have a 7 days post injury meeting with an orthopedist next week to assess it. I am pretty sure it's a tear/pull, I just hope it's a low grade one. It's just the fact that when you hear cracking/popping sound, like it I did, it often indicates otherwise.