iamtubbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Dug myself into a hole and need help getting out

I have been training consistently since August of last year, but I was skinny-fat and I made the mistake of cutting before bulking. I started bulking in December, eating in a 500 calorie surplus and I feel like I've just come full circle. Would it be wise to continue bulking on a lower caloric surplus, or would I be better off doing something else?
    Last edited by iamtubbo; 03-22-2022 at 06:39 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Cutting might not be have been the best choice at the time but losing fat and gaining muscle are both steps in the right direction. So it's never wasted effort.

Usually if you feel you've made no progress, it's just because you had more fat to lose and more muscle to gain than you originally thought. Cutting can reduce your arm and chest measurements even if you don't lose muscle because there is fat all over your body. Muscle gain is slow and a 500 cal surplus is not needed - you'll just gain more fat than you need to.

lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100) lokesx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hello,
    In my opinion you should aim for building muscles while maintaining lower body fat. It is easier than to overeat while bulking on bad food.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Mass gaining takes time

Originally Posted by iamtubbo View Post
    I have been training consistently since August of last year, but I was skinny-fat and I made the mistake of cutting before bulking. I started bulking in December, eating in a 500 calorie surplus and I feel like I've just come full circle. Would it be wise to continue bulking on a lower caloric surplus, or would I be better off doing something else?
    I will say for myself I gained over 30 pounds my first year of training however those results aren’t typical and I came from being a skinny distance runner at 135 pounds and bumped up to 171 when I went for my physical a year later. That being said the next 3 years high school I only put on another 15-20 pounds and graduated at 190 pounds weight. Went on to compete in powerlifting in the 93kg in several comps between age 19 and 22. This being said majority of my gains came from age 14-18 years old;went from 95 max bench to 225 senior year of high school. Deadlift went from 185 to 365 senior year. Deadlifts have always came easiest to me of the big 3. Squats went from a plate to 3 plates at age 18. This being said my best comp lifts were 275 bench,407 squat, and 540 deadlift. Roughly another 315 pounds to my total following my newbie gains in my teen year of adding 490 pounds to my total. Throughout high school I didn’t really following a specific powerlifting program either trained more like a “bro” first year did push/pull/legs split mostly 3 times a week. If I could do it over again I’d do the classic full body 3 times a week program for the first 1-2 years then perhaps elevate to upper/lower 4 days a week and eventfully to a 5 day split 3 bench days, 1 deadlift and another squat based lower day. However progress is progress and now I find myself in a bit of rut tbh haven’t been active on the forum or lifting like I. Used to and my legs have melted a ton. Best of luck to yourself though. Spend your teen years growing and gaining size/strength. In due time results will come. Be patient,work hard, and eat well!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100) Esperanca is not very well liked. (-100)
    Body recomposition is the method of building muscle mass and losing body fat at the same time. Many people have used it, from bodybuilders and elite athletes to those looking for the right way to get in shape.

You can transform and improve your physique by using these methods:

1. An effective workout program consists of:

• Weight training to build muscle mass
    • Cardiovascular exercise for fat loss

It is essential to have an effective workout program to help you transform and improve your physique in a short time. Combining a
    weight training program with steady-state cardiovascular exercise will build muscle and lose fat and weight simultaneously.

2. A nutrition plan provides an insight into what to consume to build muscle and lose fat:

• Increased protein intake to gain muscle creation
    • Reduction in calorie consumption to lose body fat

You need to maintain the diet's reach in protein, increase fiber consumption, and reduce the consumption of refined carbohydrates.
    https://www.onefitzone.com

One Fit Zone | Fitness | Education | Product Reviews | Guides

We enhance knowledge, provide information, and create product awareness. Fitness lifestyle intertwines with education, product review, and guides.