Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Nope. All pulling trains biceps and all pushing hits triceps..Front delts get enough from pressing. I’m not a fan of training 6 days per week but yes you could run it that way. I’d personally run it 2 on 1 off 1 on 1 off repeat.
    Could I fit my leg day into one day since it has worked for me and I can only go yo the gym 5 days a week?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by toroaes View Post
    Could I fit my leg day into one day since it has worked for me and I can only go yo the gym 5 days a week?
    I would train quads on 2 of those days and posterior chain on 1.

There is nothing to stop you mixing upper and lower body exercises.

toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10) toroaes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I would train quads on 2 of those days and posterior chain on 1.

There is nothing to stop you mixing upper and lower body exercises.
    So one leg day of quads and posterior day and then quads and posterior chain on one of my push/pull days? Where do you recommend me to put them?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you prefer.

I prefer putting them on separate days because when mixing them together, they are too exhausting to do the exercises justice.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you prefer.

I prefer putting them on separate days because when mixing them together, they are too exhausting to do the exercises justice.
    What if I do a quad focused day on my leg day with one hamstring exercise and then do separately hamstring with one exercise and deadlift on the next pull day?

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What if I do a quad focused day on my leg day with one hamstring exercise and then do separately hamstring with one exercise and deadlift on the next pull day?
    I've done Deadlift on pulling days, but I also did RDL and squat on both leg days. It's not an issue when my deadlifts are still on the lighter side, but as they get heavy it can be difficult to do the follow up exercises well.

Originally Posted by lsiberian View Post
    I've done Deadlift on pulling days, but I also did RDL and squat on both leg days. It's not an issue when my deadlifts are still on the lighter side, but as they get heavy it can be difficult to do the follow up exercises well.
    I may do them at the end bro. So can I do what I said?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may do them at the end bro. So can I do what I said?
    It just keeps getting worse.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It just keeps getting worse.
    It's literally what I did in a shoulder-hamstring day and that was a trusted programme lol.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's literally what I did in a shoulder-hamstring day and that was a trusted programme lol.
    Why do you keep asking for permission for every little change you want to make in your program? You clearly know how you like to work out, so if you feel DLs are a great finisher, go for it.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Why do you keep asking for permission for every little change you want to make in your program? You clearly know how you like to work out, so if you feel DLs are a great finisher, go for it.
    I'm sorry if I look ignorant or smth but this is the last question fr, can I get quads and hamstring after my push/pull workouts since I can only train 5 days a week? Maybe I wouldn't recover enough with 6 days but if it is better I may try to do it.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    this is the last question fr
    inb4 next question, fr. He'll flip ya, he'll flip ya for real.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    inb4 next question, fr. He'll flip ya, he'll flip ya for real.
    Bro this is a forum but on God I don't have more questions apart from that one lmfao.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bro this is a forum but on God I don't have more questions apart from that one lmfao.
    I question that statement.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I question that statement.
    Nah bro it's on God.

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your begging for permission and validation is what I'm talking about.

So can I do what I said?
    This is what a child asks.

Why do I need validation from you when I don't even know how your physique is?

bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100) bariszop is not very well liked. (-100)
    Pair a push with an opposing pull and pair quads with hamstrings and add volume when and if you need it via more sets or more exercises

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do I need validation from you when I don't even know how your physique is?
    Seems to me that forum aggression increases during cutting season.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You must have very well-behaved children!
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Seems to me that forum aggression increases during cutting season.
    Yea lol I was just asking I if I could pair hams and quads with push and pull since I prefer 5 days and it seems I'm a baby for asking questions on a forum.

Yea lol I was just asking I if I could pair hams and quads with push and pull since I prefer 5 days and it seems I'm a baby for asking questions on a forum.
    Yeah, that's the only question you asked in this thread and you'll really pay attention to the advice this time.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He might actually be like 15. Who knows?

I personally don't get the hostility either. It literally is a forum. If I already answered a question and it seemed redundant, I just wouldn't keep replying.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post

I personally don't get the hostility either. It literally is a forum. If I already answered a question and it seemed redundant, I just wouldn't keep replying.
    I'm 16.

Yeah, that's the only question you asked in this thread and you'll really pay attention to the advice this time.
    I'm not paying attention to the advice but I literally fixed my routine to the advice that was given in this thread lol.

I'm not paying attention to the advice but I literally fixed my routine to the advice that was given in this thread lol.
    The primary advice was not to write your own program or to fix it piecemeal.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post

^^^

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

I'm 16.
    I'd say you are doing good for your age. Not a lot of 16 year olds can bench 70 KG.

If I were you I would still try to separate the well-intentioned advice from the hostility, as there's some good advice in the thread. For instance the routine that TAWS6 posted is solid.

I started lifting at about 16 and stopped at 18 and picked it up again in my mid-20s. If I were to do it all over again I would probably do things very differently.

I get that at your age things like "muscle imbalances" and planning to avoid long run injuries seems unnecessary, but if you want to keep lifting throughout your life it's a good idea to incorporate good habits already from the start!

That said, you are already better at programming than I was at 16 lol

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    I'd say you are doing good for your age. Not a lot of 16 year olds can bench 70 KG.

If I were you I would still try to separate the well-intentioned advice from the hostility, as there's some good advice in the thread. For instance the routine that TAWS6 posted is solid.

I started lifting at about 16 and stopped at 18 and picked it up again in my mid-20s. If I were to do it all over again I would probably do things very differently.

I get that at your age things like "muscle imbalances" and planning to avoid long run injuries seems unnecessary, but if you want to keep lifting throughout your life it's a good idea to incorporate good habits already from the start!

That said, you are already better at programming than I was at 16 lol
    Thanks bro, means a lot. I'll start TAWS' routine next week and yes it has been pretty good advice for him. I'm sorry if I'm annoying or smth but I started out being the fat kid desperately trying to lose weight and I did lose weight but did many things wrong so now I want to make sure I don't make those type of mistakes again.

Now the only question I have is what should I do about recovery since I was told 6 days/week is too much and I'm thinking about a leg day with maybe more quad sets and one hamstring exercise and then do hamstring later or maybe do the exact leg day in TWAS' routine and do quad and hamstring on the next days but idk if my quads would recover and the quads are a important muscle to me, I don't want to leave it untrained. Maybe I could train 6 days/week but idk if I'd recover tbh. Do you know what should I do bro? The most comfortable option for me would be a full quad day with 1 hamstring exercise in there and then do hamstring/posterior chain later on pull, what's the most optimal option? Thanks beforehand.

hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hadi2007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been going on in the gym since March 2021, I've followed a bro-split since then and recently I wanted to change to a frequency 2 programme. I was recommended to get a existing programme and modify it to my needs and I've done so with a Jeff Nippard PPL routine adapting it to the volume I had at my bro-split and many other things. What's your opinion on this routine?

CHEST/BACK (DAY 5)
    Incline dumbbell press -> 3x10-12
    Neutral grip pull down -> 3x10-12
    Chest flies -> 3x15
    Seated cable row -> 3x10
    Rear delts on cable -> 3x20

CALVES
    Horizontal press calves -> 4x14-12
    Standing calf -> 3x12-10
    Calf at 1 foot -> 2x25-20 without rest
    ARM/SHOULDER (DAY 4)
    Military press -> 3x8-12
    Alternate cable curl -> 3x12
    Lateral cable raises -> 3x8-12
    Hammer curls -> 3x8
    Close grip bench press -> 3x8-12
    Triceps cable kick -> 3x20

HAMSTRING/GLUTES
    Deadlift -> 3x12-6
    Glute kicks -> 3x20
    LEG (DAY 3)

Lying hamstring curl -> 5x15-12
    Quad extensions -> 5x15-12
    Hack squat -> 4x12
    Leg press -> 4x12
    Seated hamstring curl -> 4x15-12-15
    PULL (DAY 2)

Unilateral lat pulldown -> 2x15-20
    Lat pulldown -> 4x12-8
    Barbell row -> 3x8-10
    Machine row -> 3x10-12
    Z bar curl -> 3x15
    Preacher curl -> 3x12

FOREARM
    Cable Inverted Curl -> 3x14-12
    Z bar wrist extension -> 3x12-10

ABDS
    Machine crunch -> 40-40-40+37.5+35kg, 3x12-10
    Hip lift -> 3x12-10
    PUSH (DAY 1)

Incline Barbell Press -> 3x12-10
    Dumbbell shoulder press -> 3x12-8
    Dumbbell bench press -> 3x12-8
    High cable crossovers -> 3x12-10
    Dumbell french press -> 3x12-10
    Lateral Raises -> 3x16
    Tricep extensions -> 3x12-8

CALVES
    Standing calf -> 3x12-10
    Horizontal press calves -> 3x14-12
    Calf at 1 foot -> 2x25-20 without rest
    Holy phuc brah lose some of those exercises and stick with the basics for now. dw abt hitting each head of the biceps,triceps or the diff pecs just focus rn on building everything as a whole.

Best of luck bro u got this!
    Former fat kid gang