Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DandyDink View Post
    Now that i think about it. There were 6 films, each about 3 hrs long (LOTR + Hobbit movies) and it was ONLY white ppl. 18hrs of film and only white ppl in a hollywood film made in the 2000's.

im not for this hard push for representation at all but it does say something that when something is all white its normal and goes unnoticed but when its all of anything else it sticks out. not saying either is bad or good.

i just think some of you white bros grew up in a whitecentric media era and didnt even realize so now any change is jarring. Im not white and it happens to me so can only imagine for ya
    I'm also not white and r u retarded?

Did you complain when Black Panther series had an all black cast? That's just the story mans, LOTR is based on an established story that has clearly defined characters.

If you want diversity in movies I'm all for that, but do it in something different and don't facefuk us with it, make it natural and seamless. Like slow down, what's with the massive push to have everything diverse now? If you look at American commercials you'd swear 80% of the population was black.

There's enough for everyone without having to exploit something that's already established. What the fuk man.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Now that i think about it. There were 6 films, each about 3 hrs long (LOTR + Hobbit movies) and it was ONLY white ppl. 18hrs of film and only white ppl in a hollywood film made in the 2000's.

im not for this hard push for representation at all but it does say something that when something is all white its normal and goes unnoticed but when its all of anything else it sticks out. not saying either is bad or good.

i just think some of you white bros grew up in a whitecentric media era and didnt even realize so now any change is jarring. Im not white and it happens to me so can only imagine for ya
    you are being dishonest here.

they are re-doing LOTR with minorities just for the sake of saying "look at all the minorities we put in our remake"

I don't recall anyone making a stink because there were only two notable characters that were white in Black Panther.
    do you?

edit: coal man - beat me to the black panther example.

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post

Did you complain when Black Panther series had an all black cast? That's just the story mans, LOTR is based on an established story that has clearly defined characters.

If you want diversity in movies I'm all for that, but do it in something different and don't facefuk us with it, make it natural and seamless. Like slow down, what's with the massive push to have everything diverse now? If you look at American commercials you'd swear 80% of the population was black.

There's enough for everyone without having to exploit something that's already established. What the fuk man.
    80% black and all mixed marriages.

Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never been so excited to see a series flop as I am for this one.

T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL at arguing over fiction.

Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000) Keith10Stone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    God damn it.

DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Im not complaining. I literally said i dont see it as good or bad but i do realize now.

Black panther didnt have an all white cast LOTR literally does. and Black panther has a reason to have a predominately blacks cast. Its about an African countries super hero. If some chit is set in germany in the 1920's and there were other a bunch of other races there i would think that was weird as well.

There was no other race but white for any of the races in LOTR. Not saying there has to be but in 18hrs of film over a decade plus, made by hollywood which is in America...not a highly homogenic country....

never had a problem with it but them pushing for diversity does make me realize at least in this regard that the cast is all white.

making diversity not seem like a political push is a big problem in film and tv so i agree with that but i disagree that anything already into existence should remain the same.

If most of the american stories were created during a time of white predominance then that means anything diverse would have to be completely new which is really tough to do. Almost all the great superheroes are white and have been around since the 50's,60's and up until recently they were exploiting what has already been established (super hero movies) even without woke culture. its not that easy to create a completely knew IP but If we did things how you are suggesting there would not have been an opportunity for a Miles Morales and that was a pretty cool animated spiderman movie.

I think changing characters should be taken on a case by case basis tbh UNLESS its based on real ppl and/or set in a real time.
    ~Prince of Manlets~

Everything can be rated outta 10

Make Misc Great Again Crew - MMGA

DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DandyDink has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    you are being dishonest here.

they are re-doing LOTR with minorities just for the sake of saying "look at all the minorities we put in our remake"

I don't recall anyone making a stink because there were only two notable characters that were white in Black Panther.
    do you?

edit: coal man - beat me to the black panther example.

oh, are they redoing it? i thought this was like a story from a different time like how theyre doing with GOT

how am i being dishonest???

Isnt it interesting that black panther is the most common example that gets used...because hes basically the only black super hero...besides the animated/comic version of green lantern. Like i said. Most of black panther is set in an african country about an african tribe hero. it makes sense. what about LOTR means that everyonemain character and side character and even extras has to be white?

why would 6 movies have NO other race besides white? racism? (i dont believe this to be the case), it wasnt even a thought?(i believe this to be the case, which in a way i find to be odd), or Tolkien based his characters on something that im unaware of(possible). From what i understand in the book the elves are described as white which is fine but i cant recall one dwarf or human or any other race in the movies to be anything other than white.
    ~Prince of Manlets~

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys need to get a life if you're this upset about a fantasy tv show not casting all white actors, or you should just be honest with yourselves and join some white supremacy groups.
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh, are they redoing it? i thought this was like a story from a different time like how theyre doing with GOT

how am i being dishonest???

Isnt it interesting that black panther is the most common example that gets used...because hes basically the only black super hero...besides the animated/comic version of green lantern. Like i said. Most of black panther is set in an african country about an african tribe hero. it makes sense. what about LOTR means that everyonemain character and side character and even extras has to be white?

why would 6 movies have NO other race besides white? racism? (i dont believe this to be the case), it wasnt even a thought?(i believe this to be the case, which in a way i find to be odd), or Tolkien based his characters on something that im unaware of(possible). From what i understand in the book the elves are described as white which is fine but i cant recall one dwarf or human or any other race in the movies to be anything other than white.
    Middle Earth is Tolkien's attempt at creating a European fantasy history is why everybody you see is white. If you overlay Middle Earth on Europe the Shire is right smack in the middle of England. Besides Middle Earth isn't even all white people. The Haradrim and Easterlings aren't white (also very obvious if you watch the movies). This series isn't the same time period as the movies but it isn't like all the black elves, hobbits, and beardless female dwarves all died out in the three thousand years between them.

This is why people didn't like arbitrary race swapping in The Witcher. The Witcher is based on Slavic history because the author is Polish hence why everybody assumed it was white people. Also all white people in the video games which probably more people are familiar with.

yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    You guys need to get a life if you're this upset about a fantasy tv show not casting all white actors, or you should just be honest with yourselves and join some white supremacy groups.
    Says the dude who still thinks there are Trump pee pee tapes out there. You shouldn't be telling other people what to think.

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yabbayabba View Post
    Says the dude who still thinks there are Trump pee pee tapes out there. You shouldn't be telling other people what to think.
    Tiny dick energy. Which white supremacist groups are you planning on joining, Cletus?
    Heterologously Vaccinated Superior Race Crew

Kurt Russell, Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke Crew

"The dominant economic order rests on unofficial dependency and official individualism. Survival requires the transposition of these two ideas: official solidarity and unofficial individualism."

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by monster0ultra View Post
    baaahahahahahahahahahah.
    300 Forever

ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000) ifisthole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    this one was infuriating, dgaf about the rest

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    ^This chick could get it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to monster0ultra again.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    Tiny dick energy. Which white supremacist groups are you planning on joining, Cletus?
    Tiny dick energy response. No surprise, you don't offer much in R/P either.

Middle Earth is Tolkien's attempt at creating a European fantasy history is why everybody you see is white. If you overlay Middle Earth on Europe the Shire is right smack in the middle of England. Besides Middle Earth isn't even all white people. The Haradrim and Easterlings aren't white (also very obvious if you watch the movies). This series isn't the same time period as the movies but it isn't like all the black elves, hobbits, and beardless female dwarves all died out in the three thousand years between them.

This is why people didn't like arbitrary race swapping in The Witcher. The Witcher is based on Slavic history because the author is Polish hence why everybody assumed it was white people. Also all white people in the video games which probably more people are familiar with.

It being based on old euro stuff makes more sense.. like i said in my first post itt..i didnt realize the cast was all white till this thread. i dont remember the " The Haradrim and Easterlings" in the movies tbh. For Tolkien i also think that because he did so much background story world building changing things may REALLY change things.

idk anything about the witcher and i watched it and thought it was okay... kind of boring tbh. I didnt feel any diversity "stuff" when watching it but im unfamiliar with the source material so maybe it messed things up in a crucial way?. Some fans need to relax with that purest chit. At the end of the day if the race or gender swap doesnt impede the acting and story telling or if race isnt the identity of the character why care? If you want authenticity watch a documentary.

thanks for the solid reply. some dudes on here jump to weird conclusions and argue nonsense
    ~Prince of Manlets~

Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some fans need to relax with that purest chit. At the end of the day if the race or gender swap doesnt impede the acting and story telling or if race isnt the identity of the character why care? If you want authenticity watch a documentary.
    I think you missed the point. They didn't casually hire a variety of actors, they deliberately chose specific actors based on skin colour to pander to whatever insanity is going on in the world right now. Being based on LOTR and the characters that were supposed to be from what is now known as UK is just a cherry on top.

DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DesiredUser**** View Post
    I love shows with strong female characters. So believable

Honestly not sure why they're even making this but then again they're remaking/ruining everything these days
    The only way they can get people to watch woke stuff is by subverting classics and rebooting and remaking them

If they tried to build something woke from scratch, absolutely no one would see it

DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJKhaled has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see the libs in here absolutely love strong manly stone faced female leads and woke characters

And it's not just the casting. There's going to be LGBTQ themes and "modern social issues"

Honestly anyone cheering for this stuff here is the problem. Go make your own woke franchise instead of ruining classics. Oh wait, no one would watch it.

Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
    I think you missed the point. They didn't casually hire a variety of actors, they deliberately chose specific actors based on skin colour to pander to whatever insanity is going on in the world right now. Being based on LOTR and the characters that were supposed to be from what is now known as UK is just a cherry on top.

if you singled out that last sentence from my post and replied with what you replied with you missed the point

Originally Posted by DJKhaled View Post
    The only way they can get people to watch woke stuff is by subverting classics and rebooting and remaking them

If they tried to build something woke from scratch, absolutely no one would see it

in a way thats ture but also hollywood in general woke and sleep has been largely unoriginal for some time.

New IP is hard to come by.

i think the biggest issue is that they put these politics above telling a cohesive story that is well acted.
    ~Prince of Manlets~

It being based on old euro stuff makes more sense.. like i said in my first post itt..i didnt realize the cast was all white till this thread. i dont remember the " The Haradrim and Easterlings" in the movies tbh. For Tolkien i also think that because he did so much background story world building changing things may REALLY change things.

idk anything about the witcher and i watched it and thought it was okay... kind of boring tbh. I didnt feel any diversity "stuff" when watching it but im unfamiliar with the source material so maybe it messed things up in a crucial way?. Some fans need to relax with that purest chit. At the end of the day if the race or gender swap doesnt impede the acting and story telling or if race isnt the identity of the character why care? If you want authenticity watch a documentary.

thanks for the solid reply. some dudes on here jump to weird conclusions and argue nonsense
    Haradrim were the ones that rode on the big ass elephants and the Easterlings were the ones wearing the face shields marching into the Black Gate. There are non white people in the world but 99.9% of the story revolves around white people because of why I mentioned before. I think for most it isn't even race swapping itself but they've been pushing the idea of diversity the entire time and hiring things sexuality coaches and now come to find out we even have single mothers. They are pushing a lot of stuff that Tolkien would have never went for (probably why they waited until his son was dead to do this). Tolkien would never want current degen behavior in his stories. There is a bunch of history to the world outside of the main books and it seems like it's all being cast aside for the woke altar and scoring virtue points. It's going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of long time fans. People pushing degen behavior and are fine with destroying traditional family values are going to try and dismiss any criticism as white supremacy (current liberal bogie man).

The Witcher wasn't nearly as bad about the forced race swapping. There were never black elves there but in the context of the series it made no difference as it was never brought up or made an issue. I think the big issue there was Fringilla (main black female wizard), it really seems like they made her black for no reason other than to have a strong independent black woman. Pretty sure in the books it says she has blue or green eyes. I don't care that she isn't white but because the majority of the writers/producers on that series are women I can't get over the feeling they wanted to have two of the main female leads non white on purpose.
    Last edited by yabbayabba; 02-10-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    lol @ female soldiers
    lol @ black elves
    lol @ that disgusting looking obese black queen
    And the "strong female fighters and soldiers" are always depicted as perfect Mary Sue's with boring overly serious and bitchy attitudes. They always have no flaws.

It always looks ridiculous when some 100 pound female is tossing grown men around like nothing but now that's common with modern movie and TV

if you singled out that last sentence from my post and replied with what you replied with you missed the point
    Fortunately I didn't, your previous sentences were self explanatory when you said you didn't realise it beforehand and credited Tolkien for doing so much background work on the storylines of all the characters so there was no need to quote the whole text.

Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
    Haradrim were the ones that rode on the big ass elephants and the Easterlings were the ones wearing the face shields marching into the Black Gate. There are non white people in the world but 99.9% of the story revolves around white people because of why I mentioned before. I think for most it isn't even race swapping itself but they've been pushing the idea of diversity the entire time and hiring things sexuality coaches and now come to find out we even have single mothers. They are pushing a lot of stuff that Tolkien would have never went for (probably why they waited until his son was dead to do this). Tolkien would never want current degen behavior in his stories. There is a bunch of history to the world outside of the main books and it seems like it's all being cast aside for the woke altar and scoring virtue points. It's going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of long time fans. People pushing degen behavior and are fine with destroying traditional family values are going to try and dismiss any criticism as white supremacy (current liberal bogie man).

The Witcher wasn't nearly as bad about the forced race swapping. There were never black elves there but in the context of the series it made no difference as it was never brought up or made an issue. I think the big issue there was Fringilla (main black female wizard), it really seems like they made her black for no reason other than to have a strong independent black woman. Pretty sure in the books it says she has blue or green eyes.

damn still doesnt ring a bell..im not a super fan of LOTR so only watched all the movies a few times but theyre so long some of the stuff fades or blends together. I 100% agree with the force fed diversity stuff in tons of new content being a problem tho. Im a huge fan of film (not a nerd but way more than the average person) and ive noticed how the black or asian or gay or w.e character isnt even a good actor and its unfortunate. Like i said before i think Tolkien's stuff should be largely unchanged for the simple fact of how original his stuff was and how much care he took in crafting it.

but yeah some fans (including myself) need to get over SOME chit. its all made up.

The breakfast Club is one of my favorite movies and if they put peejet, chan, marisa, shawnda and zim zee zir in it instead i'd be livid lmao...so i get it. but yeah watch it or dont. Ill never watch the Point Break remake or the female Ghostbusters.
    ~Prince of Manlets~

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im not complaining. I literally said i dont see it as good or bad but i do realize now.

Black panther didnt have an all white cast LOTR literally does. and Black panther has a reason to have a predominately blacks cast. Its about an African countries super hero. If some chit is set in germany in the 1920's and there were other a bunch of other races there i would think that was weird as well.

There was no other race but white for any of the races in LOTR. Not saying there has to be but in 18hrs of film over a decade plus, made by hollywood which is in America...not a highly homogenic country....

never had a problem with it but them pushing for diversity does make me realize at least in this regard that the cast is all white.

making diversity not seem like a political push is a big problem in film and tv so i agree with that but i disagree that anything already into existence should remain the same.

If most of the american stories were created during a time of white predominance then that means anything diverse would have to be completely new which is really tough to do. Almost all the great superheroes are white and have been around since the 50's,60's and up until recently they were exploiting what has already been established (super hero movies) even without woke culture. its not that easy to create a completely knew IP but If we did things how you are suggesting there would not have been an opportunity for a Miles Morales and that was a pretty cool animated spiderman movie.

I think changing characters should be taken on a case by case basis tbh UNLESS its based on real ppl and/or set in a real time.
    Sorry for being late, I was gonna go into you for this post but I realise you don't have a deep understanding of the source material and it was addressed by @yabbayabba and a couple other bros.

The argument you presented here for Black Panther is the literal argument for LOTR having an all white cast. And you wanna hear something shocking? LOTR is a far more established franchise than Black Panther.

And when I say far more, I mean FAR MORE

and when I say FAR MORE I mean FAAAAAAAAAAAR MORE

So whatever defense you have for Black Panther featuring all black actors, you should have 100x as strong a defense for LOTR having all white characters, based on the merits of your own post.
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

Sorry for being late, I was gonna go into you for this post but I realise you don't have a deep understanding of the source material and it was addressed by @yabbayabba and a couple other bros.

The argument you presented here for Black Panther is the literal argument for LOTR having an all white cast. And you wanna hear something shocking? LOTR is a far more established franchise than Black Panther.

And when I say far more, I mean FAR MORE

and when I say FAR MORE I mean FAAAAAAAAAAAR MORE

So whatever defense you have for Black Panther featuring all black actors, you should have 100x as strong a defense for LOTR having all white characters, based on the merits of your own post.
    If the race/gender or w.e is apart of the story/characters I.D/ethos then yes. dont change it.

but there are plenty of replies itt where ppl just commenting complaining about diversity. Its done for stuff on misc thats not as well thought-out as LOTR and some of it i think comes from just not liking change.one dude comparing changing the characters to black being akin to making a Malcom x movie with a white guy is just silly. I hope he was being hyperbolic.

Last week misc was mad Minnie Mouse was wearing pants...its like...some chit is not that deep..the skirt isnt her identity. Thats my overall point. I went back and forth with a few of you and see tolkien took very good care of crafting his characters based on history and legend etc and I agree that should be respected.

kisses
    ~Prince of Manlets~

Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the thing is that white people are not used to seeing medieval black people.

I bet if LOTR had some white people living in mud huts who fought with sharp sticks and Scamazon changed them to black, no one would complain

roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hope there's no CVS to loot in middle earth
    If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary

**New Jersey Crew 908**
    Upstream, Red Team

wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im ok with the casting of muzzlrpress as gandalf