Registered User user3SLBGTOQJF5's Avatar
    user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user3SLBGTOQJF5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Struggling - need advice first week of my journey

I am new to working out and strength training. As some background, I am 29 years old, 290 pounds and finally decided to take back control over my life.

With that being said, I can’t seem to figure out the right workout program, or figure out the right number of calories to eat.

My current routine for week one is oatmeal for breakfast, chicken, veggies and rice for lunch, steak and sweet potatoes for dinner, Greek yogurt and granola for my snack.

Before my workout I am drinking pmd ultra pump fuel for my pre workout and then a protein shake for my post work out.

For the full day this keeps me at 1900 calories for the day.

My workout involves a beginner workout plan I found online which is a full body workout routine.

Where I am struggling is finding the right number of calories I need to eat and the correct workout routine to follow. I seem to find so many differing sources it’s confusing me. Am I eating too little calories? Is there a source I can use to figure out macros and micros? It’s a. It overwhelming to be honest.

bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I started in a very similar place to you. I was 27 and 300 pounds when I started lifting. Sounds like you are on the right track. A 3 day a week full body program is a good first program for sure. Focus on compound lifts and getting stronger.

Diet seems pretty strict which can make it difficult in the long term. I wouldn't worry about calories as much as eating clean and track your weight. The scale doesn't lie. Weigh yourself at the same time in the morning 3-7 days a week. Add up the weight and average it out. Compair the averages to get an accurate weekly weight. Aim to lose 2-3 pounds per week. If weight loss is rapid, eat a little more. If it stalls, eat a little less and or do some light cardio.
    I'm 33 not 51

6'3" 260lbs

1 rep max PRs
    415 bench
    545 squat (haven't squatted in a year)
    700x3 deadlift

Miami Beach

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Buy a food scale and track and weigh everything you eat.

Serious
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Calories don't need to be precise, it's more like hitting a barn door with a rock rather than hitting a bullseye at 200 yards. At your weight you can run a pretty large deficit, almost as large as you can tolerate.

Lets guess that your TDEE is about 2800 calories. You can easily lose 2lbs a week which is a deficit of 1000 calories. So yes, 1900 is not far off.

For Workout Programs, choose one from the sticky threads of the Workout Programs forum.