bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I want to go GYM but don't have a good reason or motivation

Hi all,

Just in advanced, this entire thread is going to sound very stupid but I'm not sure what to do and I have to be honest. So I did gain a bit of belly fat, man boobs, and my face got a bit of weight in the last year or so. I do get excited of the idea of going to GYM but like most experiences in my past, this excitement is usually short lived and it's impulsive if that makes sense.

I wanted to go GYM to work on these areas, to lose weight and maybe build muscle in the future, but also the main thing was I was looking for some change in my life, as being at home all the time my growth is really limited so thought I'd try something new. The problem is if I do something like the GYM without having a proper purpose, I'll just give up and get bored. This has happened in other areas of my life to.

I know for a fact if I go to the GYM, I'm going to be thinking to myself "what the hell am I doing here? I have no idea what I'm doing nor why I'm here" this has happened in the past.

I don't think I have the right mindset, and I'm all over the place. I guess my question is, is it stupid if I go in the GYM without a purpose and if I feel I'm going just for the sake of going? Or do I need to give it a proper go for at least a month without a purpose just to see how I like it and I can discover a purpose from there, even if it's just going for fun?

I know there is many good reasons to go gym for, like improve posture, confidence, strength, etc but I haven't found my reason.

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by bdbildz; 01-27-2022 at 12:49 AM.

bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdbildz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wondering if anyone was able to give me guidance on this challenge?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bdbildz View Post
    So I did gain a bit of belly fat, man boobs, and my face got a bit of weight in the last year or so.

I wanted to go GYM to work on these areas, to lose weight and maybe build muscle
    Sounds you have your reasons laid out, so the goal part is already sort of established, though it should be a lot more specific.

SMART goals is usually what I tell my clients. Goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.

For instance, saying "I want to lose weight" is not a SMART goal. However, saying "I want to lose 30 lbs by July 1st and to do that I want to lose approximately 6 lbs per month, while increasing my strength by 30%" is a good definition of a SMART goal.

Define your goals, figure out how bad you want to achieve them, and then decide if the gym is for you or not.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lancefraudd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bdbildz View Post
    Just wondering if anyone was able to give me guidance on this challenge?
    Some things that helped me was going with a friend, they make it more enjoyable and fun. IF you dont have anyone to go with thats fine.

I would recommend you start easing into it. Maybe start a small goal like going once a week for 30 minutes and gradually work your way up. Honestly its best to just go without overthinking too much and trying to get the right mindset because theres going to be days where you dont feel motivated to go and you just need to make it a habit and become disciiplined which takes time

good luck

Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000) Plato234 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just last night, I thought how unfortunate it is that most people will never be able to see the beauty their body has the potential to approach. My reasons for fitness are that I simply cannot stop my body from it's purpose-transporting the will and spirit. Wouldn't you rather have the best vessel you can have?
    Another consideration is that going to the gym isn't like deciding to have an abortion for females, or being circumcised as an adult for males. It's more like college, if you don't like it, you can leave, some people find purpose and success there, other's leave and come back, and some choose other avenues toward their goals. You can be extremely- supernaturally- fit without even stepping into a gym, just find some inspiration in movement. Mine is mountaineering, desert travel, and ultra running, I lift because I don't want to be "the skinny guy" that my other pursuits would cause me to be.
    Every Night & every Morn
    Some to Misery are Born
    Every Morn and every Night
    Some are Born to sweet delight
    Some are Born to sweet delight
    Some are Born to Endless Night
    -William Blake

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Sounds you have your reasons laid out, so the goal part is already sort of established, though it should be a lot more specific.

SMART goals is usually what I tell my clients. Goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.

For instance, saying "I want to lose weight" is not a SMART goal. However, saying "I want to lose 30 lbs by July 1st and to do that I want to lose approximately 6 lbs per month, while increasing my strength by 30%" is a good definition of a SMART goal.

Define your goals, figure out how bad you want to achieve them, and then decide if the gym is for you or not.
    Ah ok, thanks for the advice. To be honest there isn't really a certain % increase in muscle that I want to achieve but am looking to lose a couple of KG which should come easy for me as I drop weight somewhat easy it seems. I have planned this 5x5 novice program which looks good, and I want to build muscle but no idea how much. I'll be honest, I'm quite confused and don't 100% know what I want. I guess broadly speaking my goal is to lose weight, build muscle (which I plan on doing both separately), change things up in my life and to see if I like the GYM, build some discipline.

The trigger for me to go GYM initially was just to create change in my life and to get out of the house. That's it. Correct me if I'm wrong but to give it a proper go I need to do it for at least a month or two?

Originally Posted by lancefraudd View Post
    Some things that helped me was going with a friend, they make it more enjoyable and fun. IF you dont have anyone to go with thats fine.

I would recommend you start easing into it. Maybe start a small goal like going once a week for 30 minutes and gradually work your way up. Honestly its best to just go without overthinking too much and trying to get the right mindset because theres going to be days where you dont feel motivated to go and you just need to make it a habit and become disciiplined which takes time

good luck
    Yeah I 100% agree with you, overthinking can really ruin progress, and it's a weakness of mine that I've been working on. What I've done simply is found a plan online which is this 5x5 novice program which is a low volume high frequency workout (according to some science I looked up this is the best way to grow muscle), also just looked at using the right form, and looking to hit the gym soon. I'm not 100% sure about things like finding my 1 rep max, and how much weight I should lift but I don't want to overthink this part and thinking I'll just figure it out with trial and error in the gym.

Godmuscle94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man i just started out a transformation on youtube , check my channel , ALLeX Fitness , i'm at day 0 and will do 120 days to lose weight , i am currently 114 kilograms i become fat also , i had 1 year break from the gym, let's get motivated and lose the man boobz, to attain more woman boobz. haha , if you want to get motivated , check my channel , i will post daily each day what i eat and so on. Let's try to get healthier and fit.

RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500)
    Follow any big Athlete

RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500)
    follow big

jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100) jfit98 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just stop thinking, say you want to be healthy and fit to achieve respect and dates, or if you are married to please your wife, and if that's not enough, then to feel good about yourself. Then, stop thinking and just go, and chase the pump. When those endorphins hit, they will keep you going back. Go with a plan, track your progress, and make sure you are growing and increasing weight and improving. Have an end goal, and after that it's maintenance and fun. After you reach your goal it can become a social activity.

bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bsrkoacar2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Motivation is overrated. Discipline > motivation.

But yeah, just go and find a program. When I'm making progress the motivation comes easier. Discipline gets me there the days I don't want to go.
    I'm 33 not 51

6'3" 260lbs

1 rep max PRs
    415 bench
    545 squat (haven't squatted in a year)
    700x3 deadlift

Miami Beach