kied is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Barbell Only PPL Workout Routine?

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I’m currently a broke ass college student and here on the place i’m staying we have a bench, a squat rack, a barbell and a few plates and i’m trying my best to make do with what we have. Once I have funds I can potentially buy some dumbbells and bands but right now this is all I can make do with. I’ve seen some plans and right now i’m doing a lot of different stuff which i’m not sure I should be. If anyone could link me to a barbell only ppl routine that would be great because I don’t think i’m qualified to make my own yet.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's basically what I have - plus a few extra pieces of equipment that I don't actually use that much.

Not a fan of PPL - prefer to separate out the quad dominant exercises from posterior chain dominant. I also like to split up chest and shoulder dominant pressing.

However, I can make a list of useful barbell exercises and how you assemble them into a schedule is not that important

Chest
    - flat bench - powerlifting style (touch chest) if comfortable. Otherwise guillotine style , stopping when the pec reaches the end of its ROM (which is above the chest for most people)
    - close grip bench press

Shoulders
    - overhead press, standing or seated. Be sure to lower the bar to the clavicles
    - upright row, shoulder width grip, don't try to get elbows higher than shoulders

Back
    - barbell row, one handed landmine row
    - pullups - neutral and wide grip

Quads
    - squats, front or back
    - hack squats (bar behind legs)
    - sissy squats - bodyweight, use a cage rail to keep your balance

Posterior chain
    - deadlift, RDL, stiff leg, goodmorning
    - hip thruster

Arms
    - curls
    - overhead extensions or skull crushers

Abs
    - dragon flag or reverse crunch
    - ab wheel rollouts

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Legs , squat, rdl, lunge, barbell calf raise
    Push, bench, incline, lateral raise, tri iso
    Pull, pendlay row, Yates, row, inverted row, barbell curl, reverse barbell curl

^^ basic barbell template. Tbh I’d just run an upper lower. Ppl has you in the gym 6 days and you only get 2x per week frequency.. meh.

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just gotta get creative, OP. What stops us from thinking outside the box is being married to specific exercises instead of asking ourselves which muscle it is that we are trying to work and how we can move it.

You know which muscle you want to work and you have weight for resistance. Figure out how to move that muscle under tension. Your biceps don't know you're not using dumbbells. Your lats don't know you're not using a rower.

Look up Athlean-X on YouTube. Jeff has some creative ways to move muscles in unconventional ways. You can shove the end of your barbell into a corner and weight the other end to do lat rows. You can use just the plates for some killer shoulder and even chest movements.

You're good, OP, just gonna have to get creative.
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO, you already have the equipment you need for 80% of training up to an advanced level, assuming you have enough weight to keep adding resistance as you progress.

All the exercises that SP mentioned I would second. If you can eventually get some decent dumbbells (and a pullup bar if you don't already have one attached to the power rack) I would recommend including lateral raises and a few other isolations would be useful, but relatively much less important.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get yourself a landmine attachment for that rack.

But if you’re stuck on what to do might I recommend “Allpros” up in the stickies?
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 01-25-2022 at 09:55 AM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does your college have a gym that you have access to as a student?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
    C.S. Lewis