InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Looking for help in protein powder research for follow up video

I'm hoping people on here can help me? And save me spending thousands of pounds to find out - how common this practice is???

I dropped a YouTube video, it is about a 'serious' subject - although the video has a lot of silliness in it.

https://youtu.be/aFOo5Ja8Iqg

The video is about a Protein Powder Company ‘scam’ that I have never seen mentioned or reported before – so this is NOT the old usual ‘spiking’, or bad doses, or false/unproven claims. That from time to time has been levelled at certain companies powders.

I realise [what I 'found out'] may not have been reported on much/at all before – as nobody really cares about this [except for me, hmm]... so I do acknowledge it's not some massive scandal - and most people may not care... I do, and I see it as sneaky...

I was hoping some of you could track how many scoops you actually get from your protein powders?

I just need over the next few months for you to count each scoop you get – and see what the total is, against what the box says it should be.

You’d have to have the drinks as per the label. So, level/heaped/etc scoop - as per the label. And would have to use the scoop provided. Then let me know: the product, the number on the box and how many drinks you actually got.

I can’t afford to check loads of different powders – so it would be an amazing help.

The original video goes into depth about the company/product I use… the style of the video [and the channel] is to mix the serious with the silly. It’s meant to be funny, but probably not to everyone’s [anyone’s?] taste.

Thanks for any help... you are literally saving me thousands of pounds

And I am not out - to 'destroy' any company... I think the video is very fair - and my review of the product itself honest

x

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I really doubt anyone will do this for you, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to just weigh the full bag, empty it in a separate container, weigh the empty back, determine the total weight of the powder, then multiple the stated servings by the serving size in grams to determine if they are underdelivering the product? That would be very quick as opposed to counting out scoops over weeks/months and would eliminate error from differences in the scoop volumes.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I really doubt anyone will do this for you, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to just weigh the full bag, empty it in a separate container, weigh the empty back, determine the total weight of the powder, then multiple the stated servings by the serving size in grams to determine if they are underdelivering the product?
    It's not easier than you doing it for him.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    From one of Snails posts and my own research with lipid extraction from ground beef, content labeling can be off by as much as 20%.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You would also need some other data to factor in:

Altitude
    Gravitational pull of the moon
    Barometric pressure.
    Sifted or unsifted
    Relative humidity etc.

A lot of these factors play into how much volume of powder “fills” a container. Which is why pro bakers will usually sift dry goods such as flour.

And coffee masters will tamp their espresso shots.
    Etc
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InkJ View Post
    I was hoping some of you could track how many scoops you actually get from your protein powders?
    If I buy 5lbs of whey, I expect to get 5lbs. I don't care how many scoops there are.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This guy could probably help with your count.

Current rankings:

InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) InkJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    This guy could probably help with your count.

Yes I have that joke in the video

From one of Snails posts and my own research with lipid extraction from ground beef, content labeling can be off by as much as 20%.
    Yes I deal with the e mark [three packers rules] in the video

I explain it and then test for the one of the three rules... the other two would need me to spend 350k to be able to test if they are breaking any of the rules

As I said this is covered in the video

Yes I have that joke in the video
    I didn't watch the video, but it's funny we both thought of the same thing.
    Current rankings:

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    If I buy 5lbs of whey, I expect to get 5lbs. I don't care how many scoops there are.
    Well that's an argument

But if the label says one drink is one level scoop and you will get 30 drinks... but one level scoop actually gives you 25 drinks... that is naughty

Not to mention - the amount of what you are taking... hence you have me contacting the nutritionist for the brand - and his advice is why would I take x amount [?] - as in, it's not 100% safe to do so... and of course x amount is exactly what their guidance would give me...

Again it's covered in the video

I didn't watch the video, but it's funny we both thought of the same thing.
    I also have a joke that I cut - which was based on the count... good gag, but didn't want to repeat the reference [and it worked better being understated, in the video]

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    You would also need some other data to factor in:

Altitude
    Gravitational pull of the moon
    Barometric pressure.
    Sifted or unsifted
    Relative humidity etc.

A lot of these factors play into how much volume of powder “fills” a container. Which is why pro bakers will usually sift dry goods such as flour.

And coffee masters will tamp their espresso shots.
    Etc
    I think that's why F1 cars weigh their fuel and not do it on volume

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Well - if you watch the video you'll know it's not about making it easy for me... I do the hard work happily... I can't afford to buy powder from too many other brands... and if people are already using it... they could help me see/show if this is a wide reaching weaselling from the companies...

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well - if you watch the video you'll know it's not about making it easy for me... I do the hard work happily... I can't afford to buy powder from too many other brands... and if people are already using it... they could help me see/show if this is a wide reaching weaselling from the companies...
    I think I got the general idea from your post without watching the video.

On a similar note, my pack of 6 rolls of toilet paper says it's the same as 24 rolls. I feel like this is a similar scam. Could everyone on the forum count how many squares they use for each buttwipe, squares per roll, rolls per pack, how many rolls their packs say it's the equivalent of, and report back? I'll decide exactly how this info will solve my problem later.

Could everyone on the forum count how many squares they use for each buttwipe, squares per roll, rolls per pack, how many rolls their packs say it's the equivalent of, and report back? .
    I can weigh 10 squares with my reloading scale, and then weigh an entire roll, and then weigh the core. I subtract the weight of the core from the full roll, then massage the numbers to see how many squares are in a roll. That's what I learned in graduate school.
    Current rankings:

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well that's an argument

But if the label says one drink is one level scoop and you will get 30 drinks... but one level scoop actually gives you 25 drinks... that is naughty

Not to mention - the amount of what you are taking... hence you have me contacting the nutritionist for the brand - and his advice is why would I take x amount [?] - as in, it's not 100% safe to do so... and of course x amount is exactly what their guidance would give me...

Again it's covered in the video
    None of that I care about. Serving sizes on labels are >>> completely <<<< arbitrary.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    None of that I care about. Serving sizes on labels are >>> completely <<<< arbitrary.
    Yes

Except when their expert nutritionist advises against you taking - the amount you would be taking if you followed their own guidelines...

And if they are suggesting you get x amount of drinks and you get y - it's not really arbitrary - it's about misleading and false information.

As I said in my OP - I get it that it's likely no one else cares...

Yes

Except when their expert nutritionist advises against you taking - the amount you would be taking if you followed their own guidelines...

And if they are suggesting you get x amount of drinks and you get y - it's not really arbitrary - it's about misleading and false information.

*Expert nutritionist advises

*Guidelines

I can weigh 10 squares with my reloading scale, and then weigh an entire roll, and then weigh the core. I subtract the weight of the core from the full roll, then massage the numbers to see how many squares are in a roll. That's what I learned in graduate school.
    The weight of the roll goes over the limit of my scale (70 grams).

Plan B. The thickness of 10 compressed sheets is 2.82 mm. The thickness of the roll measured from the core to the outside is 33.48 mm. The diameter of the core is 39.55 mm. Outside diameter of the roll is 118.22 mm. Each sheet measured from tear section to tear section is 103.57 mm. How long is the roll and how many sheets are on the roll? My son in law has to do math like this in a refinery. He makes $50/hour with regular overtime.
    Current rankings:

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes

Scales hate him…
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you also post the videos to your followers/friends on ********, please?

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Can you also post the videos to your followers/friends on ********, please?
    What videos?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What videos?
    vvv

I dropped a YouTube video, it is about a 'serious' subject - although the video has a lot of silliness in it.

https://youtu.be/aFOo5Ja8Iqg

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    vvv
    Ah I get it now, took a second.