Registered User user1WBTB2FCEM1's Avatar
    user1WBTB2FCEM1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question I am skinny and trying to gain weight (15 years old)

Hello I am 15 years old, 6ft 2 and have a body fat percentage of about 6-7%. I work out 6 times a week on a PPL routine. I eat a large amount of food, high in protein, carbs and sometimes fat. Everyday I weigh myself morning and evening. Yesterday I weighed myself at 21:00 measuring 11st 7lb. In my morning I weighed myself again and it said 10st 13lb. This happens everyday and I can’t keep my weight. It does rise a very small amount in total as my average weight has gone up in the last few months, but why does it go down so much during the night and how can I stop it?

Thanks 🙏

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know you won’t listen because at your age I didn’t listen either…

1- you are training too often. You are burning calories that should be used for growth and recovery.
    2- stop training five/six days a week and instead train 3-4 days a week alternating upper body days with lower body days.
    3- eat more calories. Do this by eating every three hours. A serving of protein about the size of your fist, a serving of starchy carbs about the size of two fists. Eat veggies at night at the very min. Eat fruit any time. Once you know your daily target for calories, say 4000, it’s easy to figure our cals per meal.
    4- use mass gain shakes when you can’t get real food. 1000 calories is a good target per shake.
    5- 12 sets per large body part, 9 per small. Mix rep ranges from 3-10.
    6- sleep, rest, be lazy when you are NOT training.
    Last edited by coachcalande; 01-23-2022 at 04:21 AM.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lose the idea that there is “clean bulking” or “dirty bulking “…at your age and rate of growth, YOU NEED ALOT OF FOOD so sometimes you gotta take whatever you can get. If it’s pizza and fries for lunch at school, just try to wash it down with a couple of milks.

Plan…take portable protein with you, nuts, peanut butter, mass gain shakes.

Plan….boil up huge amounts of eggs and store in fridge, keep tuna in the house, bake pans of chicken at a time….make food fast and convenient and do not allow yourself of to miss meals.

In the middle of an Xbox marathon? Stop, eat, resume. Be disciplined!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Here’s an example of how I went from a scrawny 13 year old who couldn’t bench 100 pounds to massing up to over 275 with a natural 400 pound bench:

6am- 6 eggs, milk, oatmeal with peanut butter
    9 am- 6 eggs, bagel with sausage and cheese
    12- 2 tuna sandwiches, milk
    3- 1100 calorie mass gain shake( before training)
    6- steak, mashed potatoes, green beans
    9- yogurt, mixed nuts, banana, milk, lunch meat (handful of turkey for example)

As you crush weights and outgrow your clothes…be ready to be accused of being on roids.

Now, I had to eat like that because I was a moron still running 12-15 miles a week , playing basketball and floor hockey on top of lifting. You will obviously find your own caloric needs….better to get way too many than not enough if trying to get bigger and stronger.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by user1WBTB2FCEM1 View Post
    I eat a large amount of food, high in protein, carbs and sometimes fat.
    What is a large amount? How high is the protein, carbs and sometimes fat?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Question

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Here’s an example of how I went from a scrawny 13 year old who couldn’t bench 100 pounds to massing up to over 275 with a natural 400 pound bench:

As you crush weights and outgrow your clothes…be ready to be accused of being on roids.

Now, I had to eat like that because I was a moron still running 12-15 miles a week , playing basketball and floor hockey on top of lifting. You will obviously find your own caloric needs….better to get way too many than not enough if trying to get bigger and stronger.

Thank you for your effort in these responses. I am not able to get protein shakes or mass gainer as it is too expensive and my parents will not allow me. What is something good to have instead of a protein shake and mass gainer?

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post

Also just told my parents this meal plan, they just said it is nonsense and nobody can eat that much it is a heart attack waiting to happen… so looks like I’m gonna be skinny until I move out 😂

Well you gotta try to eat more and train less to save cals for growth.

Try to eat two breakfasts
    Two lunches
    Two dinners

Try to drink a bunch of milk…get your eggs, meats, fish, starches when you can.

I too had a hard time trying to bulk on my parents budget…first part time job, always set aside money for mass gainers.

PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just eat more of whatever you're already eating. Eat more foods like eggs, milk, peanut butter, cheese, and bread. They're all relatively cheap, easy to prepare, and have a lot of calories/protein. Start eating foods like this and slowly increase the portion sizes until you're gaining weight. Don't worry about supplements they're not necessary. A good beginner routine is "Greyskull LP". Go on youtube and look at videos on how to perform the exercises listed in the program.
    The reason why you lose weight over night is because your body becomes dehydrated when you sleep. During the day you are drinking and eating and filling your body with water. In the evening your weight is inflated with the weight of everything you've drank/eaten. Overnight this water is used up.