rmegatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intolerant to something in whey and can't figure it out

Hey all, not sure if this is the exact best place to post this but I was hoping for some help from someone who has maybe gone through the same thing.

Basically, for years I took normal Whey/Whey isolate (didn't matter), BCAA's etc. with no side effects. I took a break from weightlifting/supplements for a year or so and now I am trying to get back into it and am having some issues.

I am feeling nauseous from pretty much any whey protein (I have tried 4 different brands now) and getting a tingly feeling in my hands/feet. I thought it might be the beta-alanine because I have read some studies on it but when I take BCAA's without protein I feel fine. Any ideas ? I have seen several doctors but it ended up being a waste of money/time. I am definitely not lactose intolerant at all, I have tested all of the common allergys just by cutting things out of my diet. The only thing that makes me feel better is cutting out the protein.

The most recent protein I have tried was Dymatize ISO 100 Whey.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just for comparison, have you tried plant-based protein powders to confirm you don't have the same issue?

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    can you tolerate dairy in general?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try an unflavoured whey isolate. That would rule out as many flavourings, artificial sweetners and other additives as possible - to see if it is actually the whey or something else.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Just for comparison, have you tried plant-based protein powders to confirm you don't have the same issue?
    I sometimes eat vegan protein bars and I have no issues. I just bought a plant based one to test that out though. Will update later.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Try an unflavoured whey isolate. That would rule out as many flavourings, artificial sweetners and other additives as possible - to see if it is actually the whey or something else.
    I haven't thought of that, I will try it I might be able to find an unflavored sample of something laying around. I have tried strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate so far. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    can you tolerate dairy in general?

Yeah no issues with dairy at all.

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I'd agree with this as well. Also have you tried a whey isolate or maybe an animal based whey isolate. Those may not have the same effect as just whey protein powder.

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Hey man. I used to be huge on protein shakes. Lately now they do the same to me. If I’m not pooping I’m farting and can feel them inside me. I switched to only foods and actually got leaner. I love milk but have slowed on it too. I’ll drink one here and there but not like before. I think plane water is more important than anything

TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000) TXGTOU is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wheycist!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s common for some people to become lactose intolerant as they get older.