hotblood124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ulnarnerve transposition- what style did you get?

Hey,

after nearly 10 years of training and moutainbiking my ulnar nerve got damaged, especially because of moutainbiking.

Now my surgeon said that its time for the transposition becaue of the painful subluxation of the nerve.

What kind of transposition did you get? Subcutaneous, submuscular or intramuscular?
    Subcutaneous is favorable for baseball players due to some med papers.

Subcutaneous isn´t good for very skinny people, so Iam a bit concerned when I will go for a diet and will have low bodyfat.

So what is your experience with the transposition?

Greetings.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My guess is nobody here has had this done and even if they had their case won't apply to you specifically. I would go over this with the surgeon and if you're not pleased with what the surgeon suggests then get a second opinion.
    My 100% free website: www.healthierwithscience.com

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    My guess is nobody here has had this done and even if they had their case won't apply to you specifically. I would go over this with the surgeon and if you're not pleased with what the surgeon suggests then get a second opinion.
    there are some people from older threads who had this therapy. Its just a try to get some other opinions because every surgeon does the technique he thinks its the best (what makes sense).
    There are techniques which favor some sports or jobs, but nobody considered bodybuilding or powerlifting so far, that´s why Iam aksing.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you could kindly link your medical history and any clinical exam, X-ray, MRI, CT & EMG results, I'll be able to provide you with my professional bro analysis so you can double-check your surgeon's recommendation.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When in doubt I whip it out, got me a rock 'n roll band.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you could kindly link your medical history and any clinical exam, X-ray, MRI, CT & EMG results, I'll be able to provide you with my professional bro analysis so you can double-check your surgeon's recommendation.
    EMG left and right wrist about 60 m/s for motoric and sensoric.
    EMG left cubital 40 m/s. EMG right cubital 62 m/s.

X-ray didnt show anything suspicous, no deformation in the valgus.
    Sonography showed that the diameter of the nerve in the left cubital tunnel is about 2,5 times bigger than it would normally be.

Biggest problem is the subluxation of the nerve at the epicondylus. Got nerve pain in the hands and after every workout my nerve in the ellbow hurts.
    I already had an in situ decompression of the nerve and the surgeon didnt want to do the subcutaneous transposition because he said I got too little skin fat in the ellbow. Because of that he leaved in the way it is right now.

The surgeon Iam going right now is a fan of the subcutaneous transposition because it isnt that complicated and the nerve wont stick to scars under the muscle.
    But he said he will look how the situation is during the surgery and then he will decide whether it will be the submuscular or subcutaenous transposition.
    But Iam a little bit concerned that he will do the subcutaneous transposition and the nerve will be exposed to external trauma afterwards because of the little fat mass. Especially when my bodyfat will decrease after Iam able to train normally after the surgery.

What kind of transposition did you get?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    what about the bro recommendation?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hotblood124 View Post
    what about the bro recommendation?
    I wasn't serious that my brofessional analysis should supercede your surgeon's recommendation, although I was serious about the info necessary for anyone to provide useful input.

Your best bet here for medically useful advice was the dude above in post #2, and he wasn't willing to chime in. Your best bet in general would be to find a surgeon who has experience dealing with athletes involved in strength training, and then see how his/her advice compares with your current surgeon.