Joer1212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Non Wi-Fi Body Fat Monitor Scale?

Where can I find a body fat monitor scale that doesn't have "Bluetooth", and doesn't require you to connect to the internet??

The last BF monitor scale I purchased was in the early 2000s. It doesn't work anymore, so I'm looking for its replacement. But every goddamn scale now on the market requires all this complicated crap in order for it to work, like downloading apps and ****.

Exactly why is this necessary? It's annoying AF. All I want is a scale that measures your weight, body fat percentage, water percentage, and maybe bone mass. This information can be displayed right on the scale, so why do I need to tinker with apps?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Joer1212 View Post
    Exactly why is this necessary? It's annoying AF. All I want is a scale that measures your weight, body fat percentage, water percentage, and maybe bone mass. This information can be displayed right on the scale, so why do I need to tinker with apps?
    Probably to distract you from all the measurements being inaccurate, regardless of which scale you buy.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Probably to distract you from all the measurements being inaccurate, regardless of which scale you buy.
    Just imagine, for a moment, if the opposite were true, if every scale that was initially produced required "Bluetooth", an internet connection, and the downloading of apps in order for it to function.
    Then, one day, some inventor came up with an ingenious idea-- a stand alone scale!
    No longer do you have to go through the cumbersome task of establishing a Bluetooth internet connection, and getting apps to sync up with your scale. No. Now, it'll will work independently, right out of the box! Just insert four batteries, and you're good to go!! Brilliant! What will they think of next?!

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where can I find a body fat monitor scale that doesn't have "Bluetooth", and doesn't require you to connect to the internet??

The last BF monitor scale I purchased was in the early 2000s. It doesn't work anymore, so I'm looking for its replacement. But every goddamn scale now on the market requires all this complicated crap in order for it to work, like downloading apps and ****.

The only way you're getting an accurate and consistent weight measurement is by buying a physician's scale. BF, water, etc. you might as well just make up as it's going to be just as good a guess as the one your scale is making.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    +1 I have an old Tanita one that I bought back in the mid-late 90's. the weight measurement is very accurate (checked against certified wrestling scales) but the bodyfat measurement is a joke. the $10 calipers work better, IMO.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just imagine, for a moment, if the opposite were true, if every scale that was initially produced required "Bluetooth", an internet connection, and the downloading of apps in order for it to function.
    Then, one day, some inventor came up with an ingenious idea-- a stand alone scale!
    No longer do you have to go through the cumbersome task of establishing a Bluetooth internet connection, and getting apps to sync up with your scale. No. Now, it'll will work independently, right out of the box! Just insert four batteries, and you're good to go!! Brilliant! What will they think of next?!
    Just imagine if there was a scale that could accurately determine bodyfat. There isn't.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Just imagine if there was a scale that could accurately determine bodyfat. There isn't.
    I don't even care if it can't accurately determine body fat, but I do care if the difference in body fat from one measurement to the other is accurate.

For example, say the scale shows that I'm 22.4% body fat now. But 2 weeks from now, it shows that I'm 21.8% body fat. While those absolute figures may not be accurate, I expect the *difference* between them to be. This way, I can gauge my progress.

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    +1 I have an old Tanita one that I bought back in the mid-late 90's. the weight measurement is very accurate (checked against certified wrestling scales) but the bodyfat measurement is a joke. the $10 calipers work better, IMO.
    I honestly never understood most people's obsession with 'calipers', and how they could possibly have any faith in them. I mean, how are you supposed to know how much flesh to pinch? I can pinch 3 inches, or I can pinch one inch. There's no point of reference, and a huge margin of error.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    The only way you're getting an accurate and consistent weight measurement is by buying a physician's scale. BF, water, etc. you might as well just make up as it's going to be just as good a guess as the one your scale is making.
    But those don't measure body fat, water percentage, bone mass, etc..

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't even care if it can't accurately determine body fat, but I do care if the difference in body fat from one measurement to the other is accurate.

For example, say the scale shows that I'm 22.4% body fat now. But 2 weeks from now, it shows that I'm 21.8% body fat. While those absolute figures may not be accurate, I expect the *difference* between them to be. This way, I can gauge my progress.
    You can't rely on changes either - since it's using hydration as a proxy and hydration can vary a lot

Read:

https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...at%20of%204%25.

Calipers, if used correctly are better. There are procedures for using them to ensure consistency but they are still at the mercy of skin hydration.

Ultimately, I have done several methods of measurement and in the end, I'm not sure why I bothered because I don't need fine margins to tell me when I need to cut or gain mass.

Fat loss can be measured by weight change (since muscle gain is small or none in these conditions)

Mass gain can be measured by weight change and gym performance improvement

And there is always the mirror.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 01-20-2022 at 12:36 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It's funny how people expect & believe random guesses to be "consistently" inaccurate, because a machine is doing it.

I honestly never understood most people's obsession with 'calipers', and how they could possibly have any faith in them. I mean, how are you supposed to know how much flesh to pinch? I can pinch 3 inches, or I can pinch one inch. There's no point of reference, and a huge margin of error.
    It's kinda ironic that you have the same obsession & faith in bf% scales, eh? And think they're too technologically advanced. Seriously, buy a mirror instead.

asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a Withings Body+ scale for Christmas and it does use Bluetooth for tracking but I'm not sure if it's required. I also don't know how accurate it is, but it tells me my weight and gives me a weather update lol.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by asbrewerpro View Post
    I got a Withings Body+ scale for Christmas and it does use Bluetooth for tracking but I'm not sure if it's required. I also don't know how accurate it is, but it tells me my weight and gives me a weather update lol.
    Nice. Someday soon, we'll be able to say "Alexa, what's the weather going to be like today? And am I too fat to fit in my raincoat?"

asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000) asbrewerpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Nice. Someday soon, we'll be able to say "Alexsa, what's the weather going to be like today? And am I too fat to fit in my raincoat?"
    Lol, I hope they have a setting that berates me when I start gaining the wrong kind of weight

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That would be expecting a precision that doesn't exist in these devices.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought the same thing until I tried them, which I did after I realized that my scale couldn't be right. They came with instructions telling how to use them, + there are online guides to go by on the pinch & what a given %age looks like. I'm sure they aren't perfectly accurate, but I don't need that level of perfection and they are better than my scale.

If you really must have it perfect, you have to get a water displacement test done (can't remember the formal name of it). It's not that important to me, as others have said I know when I've gained or lost a significant amount of body fat, and that's just from looking in the bathroom mirror for free. I can also go by how my belt & clothes fit.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can't rely on changes either - since it's using hydration as a proxy and hydration can vary a lot
    But a body fat monitor scale will let you know how much water you're retaining.

It's kinda ironic that you have the same obsession & faith in bf% scales, eh? And think they're too technologically advanced. Seriously, buy a mirror instead.
    I never said that I don't like modern scales because they're "too technologically advanced". I said I don't like them because the vast majority require you to connect to the internet, which is completely unnecessary, if not downright tedious and counterproductive. Weight, body fat, water, and bone mass can easily be displayed on the scale itself.

Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This paper isn't out yet I don't think but if I were in the market for one fo these scales (against all the advice here) I would wait for this review to get published. Granted it may not have a non-wifi option.

http://instagram.com/p/CXUjDwfu1Hx/