han200a is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any advice on workout plan - dont want chicken legs

Hi All !!

Trying to figure out - where to go with my fitness and work out goals.
    Covid caused me to gain a lot of weight and made me unfit, so trying to get myself into shape - Just started back in the gym - after a number of months just training from home with a bench and dumbbells My goal initially was to lose weight and trim down the fat, which I have.

My goal is to continue have an Athletic Body - and not look out of proportion - Am 5ft9 male, 68kg, my diet is pretty good too.

My energy levels are really good via the running, stamina has improved dramatically, and my recovery seems quicker too. I feel great after running and am consistently around 10k now normally 3 times a week. Was running everyother day, but cut this down recently. I don’t want to get "chicken legs" in the long term.... so, trying to figure out how to adjust my workout routine and build in a legs programme.

I would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts, experiences on this and any suggestions on how to tweak or improve my workouts/plan.

I have an hour free in the morning before I start work and 1hr30 in the night.

My current routine:

Day 1 - Biceps (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening / Morning 10k Run
    • Curls (15kg)
    • Hammers (15kg)
    • Long Bar
    • Assisted Pullups
    • Etc

Day 2 - Back (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening
    • Deadlift (55kg)
    • Bent over Row (55kg)
    • Single Arm Row (22kg)
    • Row machines (Seated Row, Low Row)
    • Assisted pullups (if in gym)

Day 3 – Rest

Day 4 - Chest (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening, Morning 10 k run
    • Bench (70kg)
    • Decline Bench (70kg) (only at gym)
    • Incline Bench (55kg)
    • Chest Press machine (40kg)
    • Fly machine
    • Press-ups 100x (normally change the angles every 10 - 20 reps)

Day 5 - Triceps (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening
    • Skull crushers - narrow grip
    • Skull crushers - wide grip
    • Dips
    • Single Arm Kick backs
    • Cables if in gyms

Day 6 - Morning - Run 10k

Day 7 - Biceps again

Thank You !!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by han200a View Post
    Hi All !!

Trying to figure out - where to go with my fitness and work out goals.
    Covid caused me to gain a lot of weight and made me unfit, so trying to get myself into shape - Just started back in the gym - after a number of months just training from home with a bench and dumbbells My goal initially was to lose weight and trim down the fat, which I have.

My goal is to continue have an Athletic Body - and not look out of proportion - Am 5ft9 male, 68kg, my diet is pretty good too.

My energy levels are really good via the running, stamina has improved dramatically, and my recovery seems quicker too. I feel great after running and am consistently around 10k now normally 3 times a week. Was running everyother day, but cut this down recently. I don’t want to get "chicken legs" in the long term.... so, trying to figure out how to adjust my workout routine and build in a legs programme.

I would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts, experiences on this and any suggestions on how to tweak or improve my workouts/plan.

I have an hour free in the morning before I start work and 1hr30 in the night.

My current routine:

Day 1 - Biceps (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening / Morning 10k Run
    • Curls (15kg)
    • Hammers (15kg)
    • Long Bar
    • Assisted Pullups
    • Etc

Day 2 - Back (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening
    • Deadlift (55kg)
    • Bent over Row (55kg)
    • Single Arm Row (22kg)
    • Row machines (Seated Row, Low Row)
    • Assisted pullups (if in gym)

Day 3 – Rest

Day 4 - Chest (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening, Morning 10 k run
    • Bench (70kg)
    • Decline Bench (70kg) (only at gym)
    • Incline Bench (55kg)
    • Chest Press machine (40kg)
    • Fly machine
    • Press-ups 100x (normally change the angles every 10 - 20 reps)

Day 5 - Triceps (5/6 exercises - 8-10 reps x 5) evening
    • Skull crushers - narrow grip
    • Skull crushers - wide grip
    • Dips
    • Single Arm Kick backs
    • Cables if in gyms

Day 6 - Morning - Run 10k

Day 7 - Biceps again

Thank You !!
    You have a biceps day? You have a day just for triceps? You don’t have any squats or leg press in your routine? You do more chest exercises than Ronnie Coleman?

Can I ask where you got this program and why you are training this way?
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seriously admiring this program, only in terms of the spirit of a bro split. 25-30 sets for one muscle per workout. Day for biceps, day for triceps, no legs. Day 1 is biceps, not chest. The last few exercises on biceps day is "Etc." This is a true bro's workout.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is next level bro split. Even if you do a tiny microscopic bit of research you’ll see why it’s terrible.

Here’s a start

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/body...workouts-suck/

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Always lol'd at "arm day".

Lol'd even harder at "bicep day"
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) PissChugger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yogurt male training. In awe.