rozajav is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Degree in athletic training

Hello, I'm glad to be a part of a huge community of sport lovers. I have been doing sports for many years and recently I decided to become a fitness coach. Of course, it's impossible for me to work as a coach without proper certification, and obtaining a degree seems to be the most obvious way to bring my dream to life. I want to get a piece of advise from those who've recently entered the college/university: how did you manage to comply with the requirements? I mean the admission essays you submit. My writing skills are good enough, but editing ones are low. Perhaps some of you have tips or useful resources that'll help me?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rozajav View Post
    Hello, I'm glad to be a part of a huge community of sport lovers. I have been doing sports for many years and recently I decided to become a fitness coach. Of course, it's impossible for me to work as a coach without proper certification, and obtaining a degree seems to be the most obvious way to bring my dream to life. I want to get a piece of advise from those who've recently entered the college/university: how did you manage to comply with the requirements? I mean the admission essays you submit. My writing skills are good enough, but editing ones are low. Perhaps some of you have tips or useful resources that'll help me?
    Athletic training has to do with treatment of injuries. Often positions with high schools are only part time. You’d need college or pro position unless you found a school large enough for a full time trainer.

What it sounds you are interested in is a degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology- This puts you in the fitness industry or research in fitness or possibly work in cardiac rehabilitation. After you graduate you can chase additional certifications easy enough. You can become a strength coach or personal trainer or work in a gym.

Both degrees usually fall under Physical Education. For example PE may offer - athletic trainer , exercise science, teaching and coaching tracks.

As far as admissions, I doubt you’ll have any issues.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rozajav View Post
    But I disagree that I won't have problems with application. I need to submit a personal statement, and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it alone.

If you plan to be a teacher, making additional stipends as a coach, strength coach or personal trainer…I suggest you major in PE and Health as well as taking coaching courses.

If you do not seek a teaching cert, then PE with exercise science or maybe your school of choice calls it exercise physiology….

You seem to write well enough here on the forum.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!