TimWalden is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench expectations?

Hey fellow lifters,

I started my lifting journey about 4 months ago and my first 1 rep max on bench was 95 lbs, as of last week I hit 155 for 1 (btw went from 135 lbs body weight to 153). I just want to know if this is regular progress based on the time I’ve been in the gym and if I can hit 225 within the next 6 months. Thanks for reading and any responses!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TimWalden View Post
    Hey fellow lifters,

I started my lifting journey about 4 months ago and my first 1 rep max on bench was 95 lbs, as of last week I hit 155 for 1 (btw went from 135 lbs body weight to 153). I just want to know if this is regular progress based on the time I’ve been in the gym and if I can hit 225 within the next 6 months. Thanks for reading and any responses!
    As you gain BW the bench will fly up.

Took me years but I started with a 65 lb bench, got to 400 at my heaviest BW, sitting around 375-385 according to 1 RM calculator.

There’s no such thing as “regular progression rate” unless you compare two people who start at the same BW, strength, eat the same, rest the same etc. sounds like you are doing well and 10-25ish lbs every 6-8 weeks early on is doable ….some weeks better than others.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!