Registered User Scarrdbutsmartr's Avatar
    Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Constantly injured

Anyone else out there that is constantly fighting injuries and has been able to find a solution?

I seems like I cant ever lift, play tennis or go golfing without creating a new injury or aggravating an old one.

I realize getting old sucks and aches and pains come along with it but this seems excessive.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make appropriate adjustments based on how you feel and any lingering injuries.

For lifting, that may mean volume, rep, frequency, intensity & especially specific exercise changes.

For sports, that may mean adjusting your game the same way older athletes do for longevity. Think MJ going from slashing & dunking to fade away jumpers & 3 pt shots. Resting more. Sometimes switching sports entirely.

Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Make appropriate adjustments based on how you feel and any lingering injuries.

For lifting, that may mean volume, rep, frequency, intensity & especially specific exercise changes.

For sports, that may mean adjusting your game the same way older athletes do for longevity. Think MJ going from slashing & dunking to fade away jumpers & 3 pt shots. Resting more. Sometimes switching sports entirely.
    Yea I guess getting old really does suck....Thanks for the advice.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Scarrdbutsmartr View Post
    Yea I guess getting old really does suck....Thanks for the advice.
    It's not so bad, you just have to be strategic.

Lifting is pretty easy to manage tbh, there are so many variables to work with. For sports, I'm still faster and stronger than people half my age, I'm just strategic about how often and when I use it. In your case for tennis and golf, don't try to get to every ball or make every green if you don't need it to beat your opponent. Take up something that helps your flexibility, lets you go at whatever pace you want & keeps you young, like snowboarding.

Obviously a lot depends on where you were before & how well you've managed things up until where you are now.

It's not so bad, you just have to be strategic.

Lifting is pretty easy to manage tbh, there are so many variables to work with. For sports, I'm still faster and stronger than people half my age, I'm just strategic about how often and when I use it. In your case for tennis and golf, don't try to get to every ball or make every green if you don't need it to beat your opponent. Take up something that helps your flexibility, lets you go at whatever pace you want & keeps you young, like snowboarding.

Obviously a lot depends on where you were before & how well you've managed things up until where you are now.

I would consider myself to be in very good shape and (sub 10% bodyfat) I have an active lifestyle with lifting and cycling. Im definitely not a person that let myself go and am trying to right the ship. I do believe part of it is that I picked up golf and tennis late in life and subsequently am going through the pain and physical mistakes of learning the sports.

I definitely need to cut out acting like Im 20 and going all out for questionable balls or trying to kill golf shots. I feel it every single time I play. It sucks that my mind knows that I can achieve it but the body wont take it anymore.

Thanks again for the input. Will definitely cut back and look for opportunities to be wise with my injuries. I probably need to drop the weight in the gym because I am not and never will be Arnold - LOL.

I would consider myself to be in very good shape and (sub 10% bodyfat) I have an active lifestyle with lifting and cycling. Im definitely not a person that let myself go and am trying to right the ship. I do believe part of it is that I picked up golf and tennis late in life and subsequently am going through the pain and physical mistakes of learning the sports.

I definitely need to cut out acting like Im 20 and going all out for questionable balls or trying to kill golf shots. I feel it every single time I play. It sucks that my mind knows that I can achieve it but the body wont take it anymore.

Thanks again for the input. Will definitely cut back and look for opportunities to be wise with my injuries. I probably need to drop the weight in the gym because I am not and never will be Arnold - LOL.
    If it helps your ego during sports while also keeping it in check, chill out in general but save up only to execute a few ridiculous moves/shots so everyone knows you're the best one on the field/court/course. It doesn't even matter if you win or lose at that point.

If it helps your ego during sports while also keeping it in check, chill out in general but save up only to execute a few ridiculous moves/shots so everyone knows you're the best one on the field/court/course. It doesn't even matter if you win or lose at that point.
    Sage advice. I have a young mans ego but an old man's body...LOL

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone else out there that is constantly fighting injuries and has been able to find a solution?

I seems like I cant ever lift, play tennis or go golfing without creating a new injury or aggravating an old one.

I realize getting old sucks and aches and pains come along with it but this seems excessive.
    Yeah at 55 Im avoiding alot of stuff I was doing just 2-3 years ago.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of this has to do with prevention all along. I have always stretched, let things heal completely, and pushed things within reason so that my body still works with me and not against me.
    This is a bad analogy but it is like a drunk(not you) asking why is my body not working well as i age?
    In my 30's i started to rethink my style of workout, as well as choice of exercises, weights, time in the gym, rest and nutrition.
    This new found holistic approach has me doing what i want cross training as well as during my gym time.

Maybe you should rethink how you are doing things and see if you can restructure your program, eating, and supps to prevent future issues.
    Simply claiming "aging" is kind of lazy and may not be the real core issue.

Just a thought.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A good daily warm-up and mobility routine is key in my opinion.

The times I get hurt is the times I don't take to properly warm up according to my needs.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lots of injuries here. I get them to calm down, and then only a little is needed to reagrevate them.

I just keep asking around, reading, and thinking of different stuff to reduce reinjury. I'm getting better. I wear braces and found exercises that don't agrevate them as much. I also change my diet and adjust my sleeping. I cut back and gradually build back up. It is a learning progress, and I'm far from 20, but I get by. I play chess instead of tennis, but I still ride a bike.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for me there were two main sources of injuries. One is an idea that you have to lift big to get strong. Completely wrong, but its for another discussion. Switch to high reps forever. Nothing less than 15 reps.

Second biggest source of injuries is progression. Everybody is saying that progression means you lift this much this week, and add 2.5lb (or some other meaningless number) to your lift next week and so on. The truth is that progression cannot be driven artificially, by your decision alone. I found that I avoid injuries if I consolidate after achieving certain goals, this is what everybody call a plato, as if this is something bad. It is not.

I still collect some mild injuries, but mostly from stretches and working with stones.

You are buttsmartr, you will figure this out. Smart butt. Or but smart. Smart butt, but smart.