Registered User HonorTillTheEnd's Avatar
    HonorTillTheEnd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Can anyone recommend any good bodybuilding books?

Hi everyone! I'm a 20 year old male who has been on a push-pull routine for a bit over 2 months now. I have become stronger, but im not noticing muscle gain. I gained weight due to increased caloric intake (but most of it is clearly fat). I am very consistent and enjoy lifting. My goal is to become as big as possible. I am 5'9 200lbs. I wanted to go get a book on musclebuilding at barnes and nobles today. Also, if you could recommend routines or YouTube channels i would appreciate it. Thanks

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    “Beef it”
    “The Golds Gym book of bodybuilding “
    “Unleash the wild physique”
    “Arnold’s encyclopedia of bodybuilding “
    “Hardcore “
    “The Weider system of bodybuilding “

Check the library and look online for PDFs
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reading is fine, but isn't going to help your muscle growth. Bulking @ 5-9, 200 also may not be productive either, although I guess it'll help your "goal to become as big as possible".

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Reading is fine, but isn't going to help your muscle growth. Bulking @ 5-9, 200 also may not be productive either, although I guess it'll help your "goal to become as big as possible".
    Studying your craft is just as important as doing it. If the author is a reputable strength trainer, you literally have a lifetime of training in your hands - mistakes and all. It will save you a lot of time from avoiding making the same ones they did.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Studying your craft is just as important as doing it. If the author is a reputable strength trainer, you literally have a lifetime of training in your hands - mistakes and all. It will save you a lot of time from avoiding making the same ones they did.
    I actually said reading is fine. But you can build plenty of muscle without ever reading an actual book about it too. You could just read the stickies in the Workout and Nutrition forums and that’s all you need beyond browsing the forums themselves. Nothing replaces hard work and time.

Don’t need to read a book to know a beginner shouldn’t be bulking @ 5-9, 200.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding is a nostalgic classic for me (not that I read it when it was new or anything). Also Education of a Bodybuilder.

I'm with USMC on this, but also think the inspiration from reading is a valuable asset as well as the direction it can give.

I spent a lot of time doing stupid fluff work which I wish I avoided earlier. Reading the stickies would have identified that too, but so would reputable literature.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding is a nostalgic classic for me (not that I read it when it was new or anything). Also Education of a Bodybuilder.

I'm with USMC on this, but also think the inspiration from reading is a valuable asset as well as the direction it can give.

I spent a lot of time doing stupid fluff work which I wish I avoided earlier. Reading the stickies would have identified that too, but so would reputable literature.
    Again, reading is fine but OP isn't failing to get big muscles because he's not reading enough books. You could put your head down, eat appropriately & follow proper programs somewhat blindly and still get just as big. If anything, many beginners seem to read too much and watch too many videos and end up overcomplicating lifting to their own detriment.

OP isn't noticing any muscle gain because it's only been 2 months, he's prob doing a PPL that's not suitable for him, and is bulking at 5-9, 200 lbs.