Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,940
    Rep Power: 16365
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is online now

    Transformer bar - best settings?

    I picked up a transformer bar a few weeks ago and I'm looking for ideas for about 4-5 settings to use and throw into my rotation. Mostly for 1RM attempts (conjugate max effort). For rep work I can figure it out myself if I ever get there. So what have people found the most useful that has some carry over (for a mid stance raw squat and wide stance squat with briefs. Both low bar). Also, squats only. I have GM and others covered. And most/all will be done to a box.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User C123C's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Age: 48
    Posts: 2,494
    Rep Power: 10012
    C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    C123C is offline
    Hey Mech - you might PM Gene / MGM711. He can probably offer the best guidance here. Haven't seen him post in a while.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

    ▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

    Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

    Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,940
    Rep Power: 16365
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is online now
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Hey Mech - you might PM Gene / MGM711. He can probably offer the best guidance here. Haven't seen him post in a while.
    Thanks.
    I ended up using setting 3 (high bar squat) and 4 (longest camber) for first run with it. I liked it, kind of a mini spider bar feel to it.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User mrcheeze36's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Posts: 700
    Rep Power: 1923
    mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000)
    mrcheeze36 is offline
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Hey Mech - you might PM Gene / MGM711. He can probably offer the best guidance here. Haven't seen him post in a while.
    Here's some posts about the TB bar by MGM711 and cwcmac. I didn't go through the review thread fully, but from the other links below the SSB setting is so-so, and the low bar setting is decent:

    Thread: Kabuki Strength Transformer Bar Review...not a Coop Review
    --I think this was for the V3 bar and he later got the V4 after this review. He gives his experience on some of the settings. Start here after he got the updated padding from KS:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1613195481

    Thread: marrs bar vs transformer bar - anyone own both?
    --talks about the low bar setting
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1637204883

    Initial impression: Kabuki transformer bar (blemish version)
    --cwcmac and MGM711 talk about the SSB setting
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1637652013

    Thread: Kabuki Transformer Bar (Any Objections?)
    --cwcmac says low bar setting doesn't exactly emulate a low bar squat but is close
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1649169453
    --MGM711 talks about SSB setting not being great
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1649227023
    Last edited by mrcheeze36; 01-19-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #36 ||---||
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #36 [M]===[6]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #36 ──<//>─<\\>──
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User MGM711's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Age: 47
    Posts: 1,798
    Rep Power: 5037
    MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MGM711 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    I picked up a transformer bar a few weeks ago and I'm looking for ideas for about 4-5 settings to use and throw into my rotation. Mostly for 1RM attempts (conjugate max effort). For rep work I can figure it out myself if I ever get there. So what have people found the most useful that has some carry over (for a mid stance raw squat and wide stance squat with briefs. Both low bar). Also, squats only. I have GM and others covered. And most/all will be done to a box.
    A lot of the settings I liked when I first got the TB I now use a lot less since getting the Marrs Bar just because I feel the Marrs does it better. For example, I liked the Front Squat and Hinge settings on TB, but now I prefer the feel of those movements with the Marrs Bar. I did like how different the Hinge in position 4 felt, it was just a totally different feel, it was sort of a Marrs feel but not nearly as good.

    Now, I tend to use the High and Low bar settings mainly and just play around with sleeve positions and alternate. I will still occasionally do the Hinge settings for squats and good mornings just for a variation. I do like using the Goblet position for accessory quad work, in fact, the Goblet in position 4 is a killer, such an extreme position. I will also use the Front Squat positions here and there just to throw it into the rotation and I use the easier sleeves settings generally.

    The only one I'm not wild about is the SSB setting. It's ok, it's just that the Crep, SS Yoke, and Titan SSB are all better than the TB yoke IMO. If it was the only yoke bar I owned, I would certainly use the SSB a lot, but not wild about the balance and not wild about how it feels Hatfield style for anything really.

    Bottom line, it's a nice variation bar, but it's not outstanding in terms of balance and feel, it's main benefit is in it's variation, the other bars have much better balance and feel. Still wouldn't get rid of mine, just don't buy the hype that this is the greatest thing out there.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,940
    Rep Power: 16365
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is online now
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    A lot of the settings I liked when I first got the TB I now use a lot less since getting the Marrs Bar just because I feel the Marrs does it better. For example, I liked the Front Squat and Hinge settings on TB, but now I prefer the feel of those movements with the Marrs Bar. I did like how different the Hinge in position 4 felt, it was just a totally different feel, it was sort of a Marrs feel but not nearly as good.

    Now, I tend to use the High and Low bar settings mainly and just play around with sleeve positions and alternate. I will still occasionally do the Hinge settings for squats and good mornings just for a variation. I do like using the Goblet position for accessory quad work, in fact, the Goblet in position 4 is a killer, such an extreme position. I will also use the Front Squat positions here and there just to throw it into the rotation and I use the easier sleeves settings generally.

    The only one I'm not wild about is the SSB setting. It's ok, it's just that the Crep, SS Yoke, and Titan SSB are all better than the TB yoke IMO. If it was the only yoke bar I owned, I would certainly use the SSB a lot, but not wild about the balance and not wild about how it feels Hatfield style for anything really.

    Bottom line, it's a nice variation bar, but it's not outstanding in terms of balance and feel, it's main benefit is in it's variation, the other bars have much better balance and feel. Still wouldn't get rid of mine, just don't buy the hype that this is the greatest thing out there.
    Thanks. Can you actually do a squat with the hinge setting? I assume you'd use the easiest camber length otherwise I can see it being a real fight holding on to the handles with the amount of weight that can be moved by such a low weight position.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User MGM711's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Age: 47
    Posts: 1,798
    Rep Power: 5037
    MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MGM711 is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Thanks. Can you actually do a squat with the hinge setting? I assume you'd use the easiest camber length otherwise I can see it being a real fight holding on to the handles with the amount of weight that can be moved by such a low weight position.
    I actually used the hardest sleeve setting in the Hinge position as well, and yes, it's a fight to hold, and I'd also say that the I use the Hinge position a lot less now with the Marrs Bar. One of the main issues I have with the TB is the fact that you need to hold onto the handles in certain settings, that and the yoke and balance aren't great, doesn't make a great choice if you like doing anything Hatfield style.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts