Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)

Does metabolism tend to increase the MORE you eat?

Aside from regular physical activity like weight training alongside cardio, does metabolism actually increase the more you eat? (And when you stop eating and drinking, your metabolism actually gradually grinds to a halt I some sort of emergency conservation protocol?)
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    Aside from regular physical activity like weight training alongside cardio, does metabolism actually increase the more you eat? (And when you stop eating and drinking, your metabolism actually gradually grinds to a halt I some sort of emergency conservation protocol?)
    Yes, to a point, but eventually there won't be much benefit at all.

It's just called TEF (thermogenic effect of food). Your body burns energy to digest and extract nutrients from foods.

Protein has the greatest impact, followed by carbs, then fat.

And no, nothing ever 'grinds to a halt'. If you stopped burning energy, you'd be dead.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"