Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cellucor C4 RTD Starburst (all flavors)

Well, entered a nice Nutrabolt give awar for a case of C4 RTD Starburst, went for the Cherry, and if Nutrabolt does a giveaway they always hook it up. Ended up with a case of cherry and a second box with one of each flavor, can’t complain about that.

It’s been awhile since I had C4, the original was one of the earliest pre workout I ever took, and while I liked it, it was a lower stimm one for me, but C4 Ultimate was definitely my jam. C4 is a solid pre though, something with good energy, a nice bit of focus increase, and a bit of pump; it’s great for people who want a more moderate pre rather than a stimm bomb; you can drink thist o get you through a workout or a rough day with little sleep, it is very versatile.

So how do the flavors stack up?

Strawberry-

Very sweet, I loved it until about 1/3 of the can was down, I was sipping this at work and by then the overall sweetness was a bit much. It had a slight artificial sugar aftertaste which became more noticeable too as I drank through the can. This would be a good one for those who like really sweet things, or if you drink it fast, before the sweet taste gets to you. I enjoyed it well enough, but not my top pick; the strawberry flavor could have been a bit more intense, it does taste like the candy it’s named after, but like a ‘diet’ version if that makes sense, the flavor is there but you can tell it doesn’t have sugar in it.

It definitely helped me power through a double shift though, no jitters which is always nice to avoid when you just need to wake up and get things done.

Strawberry - 5/10, I can drink it, but wouldn’t sip on it again.

Orange- Had this one at work to, second double shift in a row so I was pretty shot out, orange tends to be among my favorite flavors in general, it’s usually refreshing. This was no exception, I really liked this one, the sweetness was there but the orange taste balanced it out, I was able to enjoy this one start to finish and still want more! It has a bit less sweetness to it than an orange Starburst, but that’s what makes it work well as a RTD, very spot on for the flaring on this one and definitely recommended, something about artificially flavored orange drinks hits the spot for me.

Orange - 7/10, definitely would buy this one when wanting a nice energy boost.

Lemon- Wow, this surprised me, loved it; the slightly tart but still sweet lemon flavor works very well. This is the closest to the actual candy in terms of flavor. I could drink this all day, still the slight artificial sweetener taste to it but not nearly as noticeable. Were I to pick one flavor to go with, this would be it, on a hot day it would be perfect, crisp and refreshing.

Drank from a martini glass because I keep it classy.

Lemon - 8/10, need to snag a case of this when summer rolls around, perfect for the 100+ days

Cherry - The one I requested, and glad I did, solid sweet tasting cherry flavor, very close to the candy as well; again the slight artificial taste is there but less pronounced than the strawberry was, though I still prefer the lemon and orange over this, it’s very close; the sweetness works well with cherry as a flavor. It is one I would drink a bit faster though, since I feel like were I to sip it for too long it would become overpowering, but as a quick drink before doing my yard work this was delightful. Cherry can be a bit hit or miss with flavors, but Nutrabolt had a hit here!

Cherry - 7/10, definitely will be going for this again later too, this is what I want when I plan to drink it down and get something done!

All in all I liked them all, but strawberry was just too artificially sweet for me, the others are easily worth getting again though, especially for the days I need to plow through doubles at work or have a long and busy day; the amount of stimms is a bit light for me to use as a pre workout, but for day to day energy they are perfect.

Thanks again to Nutrabolt for sending these out to me to give a go, always a fan of trying new flavors of products I love, and this was no exception!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823