Zura2k is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not feeling DOMS, doing something wrong?

I can already hear you say "Muscle soreness is not an indicator of how good your workout is"

Yes yes I know, BUT:

I started working out about a week ago. On the first day last sunday I did triceps, shoulders and chest. The next day I had noticable muscle soreness.
    On monday I had leg day, afterwards my legs were destroyed for two days. I wasn't even able to walk down the stairs, it was great.

Fast forward one week later and I've had leg day again and the same triceps and shoulders workout from a week before, but ZERO muscle soreness

I know that your body gets used to these exercises after doing them many times consistently, but I mean I've only done them once.
    Maybe I didn't properly warm up the previous times. I've also started eating a bunch before the workout and drinking more.
    Whatever the case, I know that you shouldn't train just to get DOMS but this is kinda demotivating.

Anyone why I'm not feeling any DOMS whatsoever even though the workout is new and just as intense as before?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Because your body has adapted - sometimes this only takes 1 session. This is a good thing (to an extent) because DOMS can make successive training sessions less effective. So it's better if you don't get too much DOMS as long as you are progressively overloading.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plus, it does seem to vary considerably from person to person. Many at a comparable training level to me report zero DOMS ever, unless they've taken an unintentionally long break and return to it, but I actually experience mild soreness on a regular basis. Not literally every time, but often enough where I'd be suspicious if I never felt sore.

I would recommend trying your best to disregard DOMS and instead focus on progression and lifting performance in evaluating progress, as that is a more meaningful factor to keep the pulse of.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100) mcaraco29 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Zura2k View Post
    I can already hear you say "Muscle soreness is not an indicator of how good your workout is"

Yes yes I know, BUT:

I started working out about a week ago. On the first day last sunday I did triceps, shoulders and chest. The next day I had noticable muscle soreness.
    On monday I had leg day, afterwards my legs were destroyed for two days. I wasn't even able to walk down the stairs, it was great.

Fast forward one week later and I've had leg day again and the same triceps and shoulders workout from a week before, but ZERO muscle soreness

I know that your body gets used to these exercises after doing them many times consistently, but I mean I've only done them once.
    Maybe I didn't properly warm up the previous times. I've also started eating a bunch before the workout and drinking more.
    Whatever the case, I know that you shouldn't train just to get DOMS but this is kinda demotivating.

Anyone why I'm not feeling any DOMS whatsoever even though the workout is new and just as intense as before?
    It's because you're training the same muscle groups within days from each other. You could try going heavier or alternatively if you can't go heavier with good form, go for high reps and a medium weight - this will give you a good pump and will likely get you pretty sore as well.