Thread: Postpartum

Registered User userYVWGOSLKZHW's Avatar
    userYVWGOSLKZHW is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Postpartum

I am currently 5 months postpartum and am down to 165 lbs, from the 191 lbs on the day of delivery. I am pumping/BF, 6 ft tall and exercise 5-6 days a week. I lift weights, run and do Pilates. My weight has stayed at 164-167 for the past 2.5 months. I’m getting frustrated. Any ideas? I am trying to get back to my original weight of 150

Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Intermittent fasting. 2 days in the week. While breastfeeding you will loose weight fast, so I expect you will be good by week 5 latest. If this doesn't suit your style, only have 1 big meal around 5pm every day, no other food, only liquids. This will take around 6 weeks. Your choice.

Registered User userYVWGOSLKZHW's Avatar
    userYVWGOSLKZHW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Evantus View Post
    Intermittent fasting. 2 days in the week. While breastfeeding you will loose weight fast, so I expect you will be good by week 5 latest. If this doesn't suit your style, only have 1 big meal around 5pm every day, no other food, only liquids. This will take around 6 weeks. Your choice.
    So iF 2 days a week? What length of fasting? I have not been losing weight fast while BF! Everyone says you should- but it hasn’t been my experience

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you counting calories? if so, literally just eat 300-500 calories less than you currently are

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're trying to lose weight and not then its very simple, you're not in a calorie deficit, meaning you're taking in roughly the same number of calories that you're burning every day. Otherwise known as "eating at maintenance".

There's lots of "fad diets" (intermittent fasting, AKA "skipping breakfast" being one of them) that are designed to help you get into a calorie deficit, but really it has no advantage over any other diet that puts you into a calorie deficit.

But if you don't know how to count calories using a calorie tracking app and a food scale (need to weigh everything to the gram) then now is probably the time to start. This is the best, most effective way of learning how to eat to put your body into a deficit without skipping meals or without cutting out entire macronutrient groups, which is really not a long term solution.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Evantus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by userYVWGOSLKZHW View Post
    So iF 2 days a week? What length of fasting? I have not been losing weight fast while BF! Everyone says you should- but it hasn’t been my experience
    yes 2 whole days eg. Tuesday night until Thursday morning. And Friday night until Sunday morning. There will be 2x24hr fasts in your week. You can still drink non sugary/milky fluids. You may not have been losing weight while BF, but you will be able to a lot easier on fasting, as your glands will sap up lots of excess fat. Don't be surprised if your mid abdominal region and neck fat is the first noticeable areas of weightloss. Your buttocks and thighs are bigger from 9mnths of carrying extra weight, your breasts will still be engorged for some time, this will leave after 12months time. After the 5 weeks of fasting, if weight is still an issue strive to continue a 1 day a week fast.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes 2 whole days eg. Tuesday night until Thursday morning. And Friday night until Sunday morning. There will be 2x24hr fasts in your week. You can still drink non sugary/milky fluids. You may not have been losing weight while BF, but you will be able to a lot easier on fasting, as your glands will sap up lots of excess fat. Don't be surprised if your mid abdominal region and neck fat is the first noticeable areas of weightloss. Your buttocks and thighs are bigger from 9mnths of carrying extra weight, your breasts will still be engorged for some time, this will leave after 12months time. After the 5 weeks of fasting, if weight is still an issue strive to continue a 1 day a week fast.

OP, if you want to continue to be able to breastfeed your child, do NOT follow the above advice

If you want to start losing weight again, log what you are eating for 2 weeks (weigh the food and count the calories) and then decrease your calories by 10-20%

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    horrible advice and harmful. She’ll stop lactating. I’d ban you if I could…

Listen to spradish ^
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    horrible advice and harmful. She’ll stop lactating. I’d ban you if I could…

Listen to spradish ^
    RIP snails. I wish you could have banned me too. I did give potentially harmful advice and she would have been in too much of a calories deficit. Still thinking of you and treating my fish super well in memory of you.