Thread: Motivation

MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100) MonBen23 is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking Motivation

Motivation is the desire to act in service of a goal. It's the crucial element in setting and attaining our objectives. Motivation is one of the driving forces behind human behavior. ... Motivation encompasses the desire to continue striving toward meaning, purpose, and a life worth living.

Why is Motivation Important?

Why is it important to understand motivation? Why do we care about what people want and why they want it? How about because it can improve our lives.

Understanding motivation gives us many valuable insights into human nature. It explains why we set goals, strive for achievement and power, why we have desires for psychological intimacy and biological sex, why we experience emotions like fear, anger, and compassion.

Learning about motivation is valuable because it helps us understand where motivation comes from, why it changes, what increases and decreases it, what aspects of it can and cannot be changed, and helps us answer the question of why some types of motivation are more beneficial than others.

Motivation reflects something unique about each one of us and allows us to gain valued outcomes like improved performance, enhanced well-being, personal growth, or a sense of purpose. Motivation is a pathway to change our way of thinking, feeling, and behaving.

fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100) fnaf is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yes, thank you. But how do I get motivated? I used to work hard at the gym for 3 months, my body has had small changes. However, the period after that, my work was quite busy and I gradually forgot about it. If I have free time, I just want to sleep or play. I completely lost the motivation that I had. I know I'm a failure, but I don't know how to get over it.

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fnaf View Post
    Yes, thank you. But how do I get motivated? I used to work hard at the gym for 3 months, my body has had small changes. However, the period after that, my work was quite busy and I gradually forgot about it. If I have free time, I just want to sleep or play. I completely lost the motivation that I had. I know I'm a failure, but I don't know how to get over it.
    Immerse yourself.

You know the saying "Show me your friends and i'll show you your future"?

It's because you are constantly exposed to influences. Fitness is no different. Listen to fitness podcasts, watch GOOD fitness youtubers doing challenges, and get educated on fitness. Watch documentaries, even if it's stuff like Crossfit games.

Inspiration. Exposure. It becomes motivation.
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muffinstar16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fnaf View Post
    time to change it up!
    i was in teh same situation not too long ago. Solid two years of consistent weightlifting, pandemic hit, haven't been able to find the same motivation since. What i did was sit down, come up with an entirely new workout plan, one that i was excited to try, got me some new workout clothes (look good, feel good ya know?), re did my workout playlist (Training to Beat Goku on spotify) and found a time that i felt would be easiest to follow through with going to the gym (i work 3-5 12 hour shifts 7a-7p a week, so my schedule varies but i always wake up at the same time on my days off and hit the gym first thing). make some friends at your gym, just shoot the **** at first until you feel comfortable and build enough of a rapport with them to kind of keep eachother accountable in terms of giving yourself too much slack.
    Last of all, youre not a faliure. Human nature is ever changing, constant adaptation. You can't fail just because you're not motivated, you can only fail if you never try.

intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100) intermedlift is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CBRIT89 View Post
    Immerse yourself.

You know the saying "Show me your friends and i'll show you your future"?

It's because you are constantly exposed to influences. Fitness is no different. Listen to fitness podcasts, watch GOOD fitness youtubers doing challenges, and get educated on fitness. Watch documentaries, even if it's stuff like Crossfit games.

Inspiration. Exposure. It becomes motivation.
    Yes this is it.

also, highly motivated friends in different areas of life (fitness, business) will change your life.