StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Beginning my First Ever Cut

So as a brief introduction, I’ve been training since I was 13-14 and have always needed to force feed myself to put on any size as I started out as extremely skinny. I have turned 18 a couple months ago now and currently I am 6’3” at 94kg (207 pound) body weight and I think now is a good time to cut. I am by no means carrying that much fat at the moment but I am very intrigued to see how my body looks at around 10% body fat. I am looking to cut 0.5kg per week for a 12 week period but for the next week I have to work out my macros and caloric intake as I have no idea what my maintanence calories are as I have been bulking and eating 4,000 - 4,500 calories per day trying to gain for quite a while. I’ll document my cut week by week adhering to diet and training as strictly as possible. Any advice for working out my macros and caloric intake would be greatly appreciated along with any other suggestions/tips.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not really rocket science, its just about finding a sustainable calorie level that has you losing about 0.5-1% of your overall bodyweight per week.

So pick a calorie number and eat that amount for a few weeks and see how your weight responds (lets say 2500 to start). Then ensure you're getting about 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, fats 0.4g per lb, and fill the rest of your calories with carbs or whatever combination of macros you prefer.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I didn’t think it would be too complicated it will just be strange finding my maintance calories as I am eating what should be a massive surplus for my weight.
    Here is my current physique all un edited from today but front double has better lighting and front side and back are relaxed I’d say I’m around 16-17% body fat

htt ps://imgur.com/r6ouwcy
    htt ps://imgur.com/wbwPoMD
    htt ps://imgur.com/YHJwN0M
    htt ps://imgur.com/rJzyazj
    htt ps://imgur.com/qFvuRq2

Just delete the space at the htt ps I can’t post links for some reason
    Last edited by StumpingIron; 12-30-2021 at 02:53 AM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So maybe start even higher than 2500 then, maybe try eating 2800-2900 and see how you respond. A lot of tall guys have really high TDEEs, I'm almost 6'5" and mine is up around 3400-3500. I'm 47 now and when I was younger I could eat even more and not gain weight. Probably something similar to what you're seeing.

I usually see a big water weight drop when I go into a deficit the first week or two, so don't pay too much attention to that, ideally you want it to settle out somewhere around 1.5 lbs a week give or take.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    So maybe start even higher than 2500 then, maybe try eating 2800-2900 and see how you respond. A lot of tall guys have really high TDEEs, I'm almost 6'5" and mine is up around 3400-3500. I'm 47 now and when I was younger I could eat even more and not gain weight. Probably something similar to what you're seeing.

I usually see a big water weight drop when I go into a deficit the first week or two, so don't pay too much attention to that, ideally you want it to settle out somewhere around 1.5 lbs a week give or take.
    That’s good to know it could be due to height, but hopefully I already lost a fair bit of water weight I was weighing 96.5kg three weeks ago and have been dehydrated from hard demolition work but yeah I’ll try keep it around that 1 pound per week mark, thanks for all of your advice it’s very appreciated