OrionFire is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Saying hello and looking for ideas (weak wrists during summer)

I'm new to this forum so I will start by saying hi and telling you about myself.

I am 37 and Male.

I am very overweight and I have been focusing on building strength and losing weight for some time now. I have been weight lifting on and off my whole life but in the last year I have been a lot more consistent, twice every week. I have been on a diet and lost 18kg in the last ~3 months. It's a good start but still have a long way to go.

I have actually been really happy with my progress the last few months because I was concerned that I would either plateau or start to lose strength being on a calorie deficit and losing weight but I am doing everything I can to get my nutrition as right as possible and I think that has helped a lot because I have managed to continue building strength despite losing weight. I have actually reached a pretty solid peak on my best exercise (bench press). Managed to push a 1RM of 150kg.

I'm actually hoping I can keep pushing that higher and eventually reach 180kg and then maybe try do some competitions but I'm not sure how realistic that is. It's something to shoot for but I know that most people do reach a bit of a strength ceiling at some point.

So onto the problem. I have noticed multiple times now that in summer my wrists get weak and it affects my ability to make progress with weight lifting. It's not exactly a fatal problem, I can just maintain until summer passes and then make progress in winter instead but it's cutting a half year of good progress out.

So I'm thinking I will get a blood test done to see if there's anything lacking in my diet which might be causing this but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? What might be causing it?

Attached is a picture of my home gym if anyone is interested.
    Attached Images