Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

To my OV35 peeps, what's your take on beards?

I want a new look this summer (hence the new full sleeve tat) and am going to grow a full beard to add to the new look, been at it a month now and my facial hair grows pretty fast.

I am looking at these 3 styles, what you guys think, which one?

So far my wife, daughter, my sons and several of my female friends picked 2 as their choice and 3 as a second choice no one liked 1

Out of my four sons two have full beards. Pic of me and my four sons on Christmas as it was my oldest son 40th birthday. As an FYI my son Chris, the one I have my arm around wants a full beard but can't becuase he is a fireman and they wont allow it. In fact he is on vacation now, once he goes back he has to be clean shaven, he can only grow a mustache so the little facial hair he has now has to go.
    On the list for Bannukah

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your boys have admirable beards, BH.

My advice--keep your sides nice and tight and then grow out the bottom part all one length. Will take a lot of time and maintenance is a pain--but I think it looks best.

-AJ
    Last edited by ajdahlheimer; 12-26-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Your boys have admirable beards, BH.

My advice--keep your sides nice tight and then grow out the bottom part all one length. Will take a lot of time and maintenance is a pain--but I think it looks best.

-AJ
    Thanks man, but which of the 3 you think would fit me?

Awesome beard by the way man.
    On the list for Bannukah

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They are all close, but #2 looks the neatest.... like a professional barber did the lines.
    I would go with that because it is the cleanest; it looks like he used a straight razor.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Thanks man, but which of the 3 you think would fit me?
    None of those 3 to be honest.

You should grow one like your son on the very far left of your pic (which is pretty much the same style as mine). You can see it is shorter on the sides and then longer on on the bottom where it comes together. Once you get yours long enough, I can send you a youtube video that is very helpful on how to trim it that way. Or you can just ask your son, who clearly knows how to do it as well.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    They are all close, but #2 looks the neatest.... like a professional barber did the lines.
    I would go with that because it is the cleanest; it looks like he used a straight razor.
    2 is the one I like the most as well, I know a barber that can definitely do it too.

None of those 3 to be honest.

You should grow one like your son on the very far left of your pic (which is pretty much the same style as mine). You can see it is shorter on the sides and then longer on on the bottom where it comes together. Once you get yours long enough, I can send you a youtube video that is very helpful on how to trim it that way. Or you can just ask your son, who clearly knows how to do it as well.

-AJ
    I hear ya, but I don't like the look of my sons beards, not neat enough for me. I like the look of the ones I posted. I just need to pick 1 of the 3, so far 2 is the one I am leaning towards.
    On the list for Bannukah

BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tend to range from clean shaven/cut to Grizzly Adams, though right now I could use both a shave and haircut, I’m not nearly as bad as I can get. I do prefer trimmed relatively close when I get around it.

Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
    I tend to range from clean shaven/cut to Grizzly Adams, though right now I could use both a shave and haircut, I’m not nearly as bad as I can get. I do prefer trimmed relatively close when I get around it.
    Ok, but which of the 3 di you think looks best?
    On the list for Bannukah

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, but which of the 3 di you think looks best?
    Awesome fam pics from u and AJ.

As for which beard looks best, IDGAF. haha!

I hear ya, but I don't like the look of my sons beards, not neat enough for me. I like the look of the ones I posted. I just need to pick 1 of the 3, so far 2 is the one I am leaning towards.
    I would probably go with #1 then, but all three of them look like they were freshly done in a barbershop. So they aren't going to look like those pics most of the time--FYI.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post

As for which beard looks best, IDGAF. haha!
    Thanks man!

Lol that's kool I can respect that.

I would probably go with #1 then, but all three of them look like they were freshly done in a barbershop. So they aren't going to look like those pics most of the time--FYI.
    Dude once I get the beard done, I would be getting a fresh cut from the barber every 3 days or so. When I had hair I would get a fresh cut every week.
    Last edited by bodyhard; 12-27-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    On the list for Bannukah

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=bodyhard;1653233083]

As for which beard looks best, IDGAF. haha! [/QUOTThanks man!

Lol that's kool I can respect that.

Dude once I get the beard done, I would be getting a fresh cut from the barber every 3 days or so. When I had hair I would get a fresh cut every week.
    haha! Dude, U B straight up hustlin' like a mofo baller with that tight grooming regime. Me, I'm typically pushing 4-6 months between hair cutz. Kinda starting to let things slide if I'm being honest. Gotta keep it current and tight. That's the way. Bro, keep smooth flow hustin' and also help lead some of us old soft ball draggers along. haha!

buttserious. Dude, u got 4 straight up hitters witchu. (yur sons). Bro, if I were u, I would put it on chillax mode across the board, knowing those 4 G's gots my back. Surely aint nobody dumb enuf to mess with yur ass. Am I wrong???

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    All three look like the same style to me...
    David

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My take is that a beard is a mans thing, wear it the way that you like it and let the others deal with it..

You aren't 13 and this isn't fingernail polish and it isn't a slumber party with the other girls..
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Ah, we don't really have any places like that up here in honkyville, so gotta learn to cut/trim on your own.

Be sure and post some progress pics of the beard once it starts taking shape.
    Epic Beard Man crew

haha! Dude, U B straight up hustlin' like a mofo baller with that tight grooming regime. Me, I'm typically pushing 4-6 months between hair cutz. Kinda starting to let things slide if I'm being honest. Gotta keep it current and tight. That's the way. Bro, keep smooth flow hustin' and also help lead some of us old soft ball draggers along. haha!

buttserious. Dude, u got 4 straight up hitters witchu. (yur sons). Bro, if I were u, I would put it on chillax mode across the board, knowing those 4 G's gots my back. Surely aint nobody dumb enuf to mess with yur ass. Am I wrong???
    You know how I do I have to look good no matter what I do lol, I held my sons down all their lives and each of them had to hold down their own growing up with Puerto Rican and blacks, they were always being tested so they had their share of fights, not as many as I did, I made sure of that. My kids never looked for trouble, but held it down when sh!t popped off. So yeah as adults they hold me down and you would think by looking at them that my oldest would be the threat, but Chris is the most dangerous of the four, man this kid has broken jaws and knocked out several guys. But as I mentioned here several times, my kids had to fight becuase they were white in a black and Spanish neighborhood, but they earned their respect and got a reputation of the 4 white boys who don't fcking play.

Me and my 3 sons, John, Chris and Eric, Jason the youngest was in diapers.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    All three look like the same style to me...
    LOL OK.

Ah, we don't really have any places like that up here in honkyville, so gotta learn to cut/trim on your own.

Dude I live in the Bronx there is a barbershop in every corner, you just have to find the right cut. Here everyone has a personal barber that they go to my 4 sons each have there own barbers.
    Last edited by bodyhard; 12-27-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    On the list for Bannukah

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No offense to anyone, but I am not a fan of beards unless they are very tight like the one below. I don't know why, but mostly, I think full, overgrown beards make a guy look old. Just my opinion.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Isn't that a question for your wife, not guys on a forum. We only see the occasional pic/video but she's the one who spends time with you. Not saying you have to let your wife decide everything but what was that expression about a happy wife is a happy life? or somesuch? FWIW I think a short trim beard would suit you but a bigger beard wouldn't... but back to the ask your wife comment If she says 2, go with option 2

Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    No offense to anyone, but I am not a fan of beards unless they are very tight like the one below. I don't know why, but mostly, I think full, overgrown beards make a guy look old. Just my opinion.
    I am definitely not offended at the least and I agree with you, thats the way I always keep my beard and my preference, but like I said I want a different look.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Isn't that a question for your wife, not guys on a forum. We only see the occasional pic/video but she's the one who spends time with you. Not saying you have to let your wife decide everything but what was that expression about a happy wife is a happy life? or somesuch? FWIW I think a short trim beard would suit you but a bigger beard wouldn't... but back to the ask your wife comment If she says 2, go with option 2
    I don't believe in that happy wife happy life, I go with the happy spouse happy house.

But yeah I am just getting a feel for it, as I mentioned in my OP I am asking a lot of people since I myself was not sure the look I want.

Also I wouldn't go for a look just becuase my wife said so, hell if that was the case I would not be working out, my wife hates when I get, in her opinion, too big
    On the list for Bannukah

One month in starting to shape the top, not trimming it or cutting the bottom, so its messy right now lol

On the list for Bannukah

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If it’s all grey skip it unless you dye it or are over 55-60. Other wise it will make you look 55-60 +

I like # 3 for shape. The one above my post ^^ looks better than the other options
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    If it’s all grey skip it unless you dye it or are over 55-60. Other wise it will make you look 55-60 +

I like # 3 for shape. The one above my post ^^ looks better than the other options
    I dyed my beard one year it looked horrible.

Wait are you saying my beard now looks better than the other 3? No way, my beard is pretty uneven right now, its in the growing phase and not even at all...
    On the list for Bannukah

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I dyed my beard one year it looked horrible.

Wait are you saying my beard now looks better than the other 3? No way, my beard is pretty uneven right now, its in the growing phase and not even at all...
    the shape and length. The other ones are very fluffy
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post

Fact, especially white ones, that really ages a person. My buddy shaved his off, the fuker looks 20 yeard younger. I ain't shaving mine though, at least until the summer.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    the shape and length. The other ones are very fluffy
    Ohhh OK thank you..

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Fact, especially white ones, that really ages a person. My buddy shaved his off, the fuker looks 20 yeard younger. I ain't shaving mine though, at least until the summer.
    is your beard grey/white?
    On the list for Bannukah

Ohhh OK thank you..

is your beard grey/white?
    Both at the moment but heading towards white at a rapid pace lol

another couple of years and I will be able to play Santa

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Both at the moment but heading towards white at a rapid pace lol

another couple of years and I will be able to play Santa
    You are 63 though right? Unless your profile is off. So that is damn good, I started getting white hairs at 40 ironically if I let my hair grow (I wont due to tinnitus) its black except for the sides.
    On the list for Bannukah

One month in starting to shape the top, not trimming it or cutting the bottom, so its messy right now lol
    It's looking good, BH. Almost long enough to start using a beard conditioner in the shower. They say you don't want to use regular shampoo/conditioner on your beard because it removes all the natural oils that are produced in your beard that make it soft and give it a sheen.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

You are 63 though right? Unless your profile is off. So that is damn good, I started getting white hairs at 40 ironically if I let my hair grow (I wont due to tinnitus) its black except for the sides.
    Yep, I got lucky. I have tinnitus as well, I have a full head of hair but I keep it buzzed but it doesn't make a difference whether it's long or short. My tinnitus is from my previous work environment

It's looking good, BH. Almost long enough to start using a beard conditioner in the shower. They say you don't want to use regular shampoo/conditioner on your beard because it removes all the natural oils that are produced in your beard that make it soft and give it a sheen.

-AJ
    Thanks I purchased these two used it twice already.

On the list for Bannukah