Carusocc13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Lower back soreness/pain

Let me start off my stating that I have previous history with lower back problems, mainly something called sacrilization which means two of my lumbar are fused together. While this does bother me occasionally it’s more of a nerve pain which causes me to twitch and spasm not what I’m currently experiencing. I notice that anytime I squat or deadlift my lower back near my tailbone starts to feel like it is full of lactic acid and then begins to become uncomfortable almost like a tired/aching feeling. My lower back has been in a constant state of feeling unstable for the past couple months and it’s preventing me from being able to do these lifts I love so much. Obviously I will have to look into going to a doctor but for the time being I figured asking a bunch of veteran lifters what they may think the problem is could help. I should also add that my back doesn’t hurt when I stand/walk/run only when I bend down to pick things up. Thank you!

Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You already answered your own questions: it’s linked to sacralization. You will have on and off issues with chronic pain because the joint structure suffers more sheer stress given its pathological nature. Things that help reduce pain and keep the region well supported by stabilization muscles are physical therapy, yoga and stretching. Placing heavy vertical loads on your spinal column- such as squats- will affect you more than it does other lifters.
    You have my word as a Schons.

Carusocc13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hypernation View Post
    You already answered your own questions: it’s linked to sacralization. You will have on and off issues with chronic pain because the joint structure suffers more sheer stress given its pathological nature. Things that help reduce pain and keep the region well supported by stabilization muscles are physical therapy, yoga and stretching. Placing heavy vertical loads on your spinal column- such as squats- will affect you more than it does other lifters.
    Do you think that it’s “safe” to continue squatting even though this exists? I had a feeling it was linked to sacrilization, but because it’s not a nerve pain I assumed that maybe it could have been a tear or stress fracture. Thank you for the speedy answer I appreciate it!

Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hypernation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only nerve pain if roots are getting compressed. Nerve pain would be numbness, tingling, weakness, burning, shooting, etc.

Go to your doc to rule out other issues. He’ll likely give you a few days of strong NSAIDs, muscle relaxers and a referral to physical therapy.

“Safe” depends on your XR. Would have to look it over and evaluate you personally. Listen to your body for now and don’t overdo anything in the gym. Maybe go light on squats for a while and hit isolation machines a bit more. You will need to work around the issue, but you can still hit the gym.
    You have my word as a Schons.